• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
whats your name? I play with jhs a lot since he's an old friend from high school even though he's not too good :x

because this game ranks up only on w/l rather than individual performance for some stupid reason. I dropped 30 and de-ranked from eagle

It's kobe. I may be thinking of someone else though.

impact

Banned
If the guy here: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffen...sa_operation_phoenix_ends_in_2_days_june_4th/ can be trusted, then both tuscan and season won't make it into the next Operation.

Which would really be a shame :(

So basically $2.99 for crown

It's so heart breaking knowing there's some good ass maps like russka, tuscan, fire, comrade, etc that aren't making it in this game yet we get complete garbage like overpass released as an official map. I'm getting bored playing mirage/inf/nuke. Cache is ok

CoolS

So basically $2.99 for crown

It's so heart breaking knowing there's some good ass maps like russka, tuscan, fire, comrade, etc that aren't making it in this game yet we get complete garbage like overpass released as an official map. I'm getting bored playing mirage/inf/nuke. Cache is ok

Overpass is great, I don't know what you are talking about.

And it's like get 10$ or so for buying the Operation pass.

I wish more people played Overpass, it seems like it would be good if everyone learned it and the callouts etc. It takes way too long to find a game on. For the next operation I think Crown is a given, but I hope for a lot of new maps not specifically favorites from previous games that will get all the play. One of the things I love about the operations is everyone having a fresh start on learning a new map.

CoolS

Ilúvatar;114553270 said:
All I want from the new operation is Crown + an official version of Mill + 128 tick MM. Plz based Volvo.

Ahahahahahahahahah

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :(

I wish more people played Overpass, it seems like it would be good if everyone learned it and the callouts etc. It takes way too long to find a game on. For the next operation I think Crown is a given, but I hope for a lot of new maps not specifically favorites from previous games that will get all the play. One of the things I love about the operations is everyone having a fresh start on learning a new map.

Agreed with Overpass, the few time we played it, it was really fun. Especially since it's a bit of fresh air in the kind of stale pool of CS maps.

valeo

Been really getting into this game again the past few weeks and I am wanting to dive into some competitive mode. Is there a popular website for finding clans etc looking for members to trial and what not?

I am in Australia so can't be a US only website.

I hate that I actually enjoy having weapon skins to play around with. The skins for my favourite weapon are stupid expensive(AK-47).

http://au.cybergamer.com/forums/pc/csgo/

Clydefrog

had a pretty great effort last night

Tm0fclI.jpg

jerry1594

Ilúvatar;114553270 said:
All I want from the new operation is Crown + an official version of Mill + 128 tick MM. Plz based Volvo.
All I want for Christmas is a Bmw. How many hours do you need to play to get a golden coin?

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I just got an update, no changelog yet.

Release Notes for 6/4/2014

Changes:
[ MATCHMAKING ]
- When a player has been banned for cheating (via VAC or Overwatch), all Skill Group adjustments from that player's recent wins will be reverted for their partied teammates as well as their opponents.

[ MISC ]
- The "thirdperson" and related commands are now executable by servers (for mods and plugins).
- Added a server convar (sv_allow_thirdperson) which allows servers to set players to third person mode.
- The env_fog_controller entity now has a field and input to scale the amount fog is adjusted when players zoom (with scoped weapons).
- Community tournament servers with built-in round backups enabled will automatically restore all player data upon reconnection and this in most cases will avoid having to load round backups.

There's no sign of Operation Phoenix ending today for now.

- When a player has been banned for cheating (via VAC or Overwatch), all Skill Group adjustments from that player's recent wins will be reverted for their partied teammates as well as their opponents.

excellent, piss off boosters!

shogunduk

getting a new mousepad completely threw off my aim. my old one was tiny so hopefully i'll see improvements if i ever get used to this one.

CoolS

So from now on, whenever Valve announces an operation, it'll be safe to assume that the actual end date will be at least two weeks after whatever the given end date is.

Yup, it's basically a given now. I'd say we'll hear something new about the operation in 2-4 weeks.

chessnut

Yeah I wish valve temporarily disabled dust2/mirage/nuke/inferno for a week or 2 just to force people to play the newer maps. Overpass is such a legitimate map. Good rotation times, multiple points of entry...everything you want in a competitive map. People just have this mental block when it comes to new maps that aren't played by the pros

Yeah I wish valve temporarily disabled dust2/mirage/nuke/inferno for a week or 2 just to force people to play the newer maps. Overpass is such a legitimate map. Good rotation times, multiple points of entry...everything you want in a competitive map. People just have this mental block when it comes to new maps that aren't played by the pros

That's why I love the Operations so much, especially with the coins needing wins for upgrade it sort of forces activity on the competitive playlists for these new maps. Makes people go outside their comfort zone. Unfortunately Overpass wouldn't be in any new Operations I think, so it'll just wither in the main playlist unchecked :(

It's not just a problem with CS though, I've been wanting more adoption of new/custom maps in FPSs going back 15 years now. The Operations are the smartest way its been done so far.

chessnut

That's why I love the Operations so much, especially with the coins needing wins for upgrade it sort of forces activity on the competitive playlists for these new maps. Makes people go outside their comfort zone. Unfortunately Overpass wouldn't be in any new Operations I think, so it'll just wither in the main playlist unchecked :(

It's not just a problem with CS though, I've been wanting more adoption of new/custom maps in FPSs going back 15 years now. The Operations are the smartest way its been done so far.

overpass and cobble is permanently in the competitive list. It's not part of the phoenix operation

Aside from Cache, I really hope Valve adopts Seaside and improves on it. I think it has actual potential as a competitive map.

You meant to say season, right?

You meant to say season, right?

Not at all. I've heard lots of good things about that map though, and I would love to see them add it to an Operation, but I haven't played it. It's a CSS map originally, right? I'd also like to see Tuscan added, which I believe used to be the old CPL mill map (why the name change?). But right now, I'd just like to see Valve add Cache as an official map, and also adopt Seaside, do a lot of work on it, then release it as a official map as well.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Not at all. I've heard lots of good things about that map though, and I would love to see them add it to an Operation, but I haven't played it. It's a CSS map originally, right? I'd also like to see Tuscan added, which I believe used to be the old CPL mill map (why the name change?). But right now, I'd just like to see Valve add Cache as an official map, and also adopt Seaside, do a lot of work on it, then release it as a official map as well.

The CPL maps keep getting name changes. Mirage, for instance, was Strike.

Personally, I want Cache and Agency to get added. Seaside will probably get added due to its popularity. I'd love it if it gets the Overpass treatment and gets fixed up a bit based on feedback.

The CPL maps keep getting name changes. Mirage, for instance, was Strike.

Personally, I want Cache and Agency to get added. Seaside will probably get added due to its popularity. I'd love it if it gets the Overpass treatment and gets fixed up a bit based on feedback.

I can't remember Strike. Aside from Mill, I do believe I vaguely remember another CPL map though. Fire or something? Came out around the same time as Mill, but didn't catch on at all as far as I can remember.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I can't remember Strike. Aside from Mill, I do believe I vaguely remember another CPL map though. Fire or something? Came out around the same time as Mill, but didn't catch on at all as far as I can remember.

It seems the CPL maps were:

de_cpl_mill
de_cpl_fire
de_cpl_strike
de_cpl_overrun

overpass and cobble is permanently in the competitive list. It's not part of the phoenix operation

I know, I meant them being in the main competitive pool would lead to them getting played rarely in comparison with dust, nuke, etc. Overpass for a while was in the Operation Bravo playlist for testing purposes.

I really like Seaside, my main complaints used to be the dark spots on B site and the bomb falling into the water. They fixed those so now I think it's a great map.

Agency is also pretty good, but it's the prime example that these new maps should come with standard callout names on their loading screens so people know what's what. I've heard so many different names for the same stuff on Agency.

I think the only one with a chance to get into the official Valve pool is Cache, it's just so overwhelmingly popular.

Edit: I also think Gwalior could have been good competitive wise if given a real chance. It was hard for people to adapt to its vertical layout but I think if given some experience it could have been good.

I really like Seaside, my main complaints used to be the dark spots on B site and the bomb falling into the water. They fixed those so now I think it's a great map.

Seasides biggest issue is mid. I never much liked how you could spot from t-spawn to mid in D2, but Seaside is a million times worse. I'd prefer it if they just shut the mid doors in T house and added a pathway from the truck towards A instead. I also think the map is too small.

Robot Pants

So, I know the ranking system is kinda dumb, and no one really knows how it works (right?) because I just ranked down on a win. score was 16-11, and I had the highest points in the game. I was single AK, enemy team had a badge, mg2, and a few 3/4 stars.

How?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I dunno, I've had deranks after single games, two games, five straight losses. I've seen a lot of explainations but they never quite all seem quite right. Just kinda learned to live with a derank here and there.

CoolS

So, I know the ranking system is kinda dumb, and no one really knows how it works (right?) because I just ranked down on a win. score was 16-11, and I had the highest points in the game. I was single AK, enemy team had a badge, mg2, and a few 3/4 stars.

How?

Sometimes the ranking is delayed by one game. Did you by any chance loose the game before that?

CoolS

Coming back to silver is a real wakeup call. Games play out totally differently than when I was getting matched with AKs and Novas. Fucking scouts everywhere. Tons of people who don't use mics and don't listen to callouts. And most notably, some of the worst callouts imaginable. Someone sees one guy at long and yells "LONG LONG LONG LONG", gets mad when you don't rotate... and then the other four guys hit the other site.

This gets on my nerves so much. I can't seem to get out of Nova 2 on my own anymore, so often I'm stuck with people making wrong calls. Worst ones are people saying "ALL long" or shit like that. I start to rotate and suddenly get killed on mid. Or people yelling at me to come to the other site even though the bomb hasn't been spotted yet. Seriously, people on CT need to chill out. I don't know how often my team lost because someone on CT was rushing.

Just now two examples. We get the bomb down on dust2 mid. I tell everyone and aks them to wait. At this point it's 4v4. I stay with the bomb, while my teammates vontinue to hunt the other team and get picked of one by one. I manage to hold of 2 in a 1v4 but eventually get taken down from two sides.
Or even worse, the bomb is down on b, I tell everyone but noone listens. In the end it's a 1v1, me on B and the other guy on A where he killed a teammate. Everybody bitches and tells me to go A, go A, untill i tell them AGAIn I'm guarding the bomb on B...

And don't get me started on people buying SMGs without armor against fully equipped guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom