• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeo

On the one hand I agree, on the other if you can control bots too much they wouldn't be too much of a penalty when kicking a player.

If you're so bad that a BOT could be considered better than you, then you probably shouldn't be playing competitive yet

If you're so bad that a BOT could be considered better than you, then you probably shouldn't be playing competitive yet
It's less that the bots themselves play better and more if they sit around and not get themselves killed they can be used as extra lives for players on the team.

valeo

It's less that the bots themselves play better and more if they sit around and not get themselves killed they can be used as extra lives for players on the team.

90% of the time, BOT's are there because someone disconnected or left. Either let us tell them to stay or make them slightly less stupid.

p.s. I was using the tec9 before it was cool

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Worse performance after patch and still no spectator fix.

EDIT: And how in the hell is the jumpshot thing STILL a thing? Unreal.

auto shotgun and tec9 buff ? auto shotgun and tec9 buff.

christian-bale-kermit-the-frog.gif

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
So that Dragon Lore AWP, damn. Hand Cannon Deagle is a work of art.

You can still select it for comp right? It looked like the wait time was like 20 minutes for reserve maps, it would be really annoying if this change means no ones going to be playing them
I play a lot of cs maps in comp, so it sucks if this is the case from now on.

Agency was solid IMO.
My favorite map of the first three ops. Glad Cache was officialized, though.

I had a mission to get a comp win on Castle.. lawwwwd is that map broken. T's can rush caves(A) with impunity. There's zero reason to go B aside from it getting boring at A. Ended up winning 16-12. It was
fun :x

Oh and forgot to mention, one of our teammates dropped out as soon as we switched to CT, lolol.

Also the mission system is brilliant. My first mission was to get 40 deagle kills in DM - groan fuck the deagle nahmean - but turns out one deag'ing is quite rewarding. Aside from the shitty performance on some of the maps I'm rather enjoying this update so far.

Divius

€4,30 is kinda steep for maps I'll never play. But getting in now hoping for high-price cases might pay off in the end.. hmm.

CoolS

Not really a fan of the maps. Castle, insertion and rush seem really shitty from what I've played.
Mist is interesting, but there are too many patheays through that map for my taste.
Overgrown seems okay, will have to see how it actually plays in comp.
Havent't played blackgold yet.

Overall, I just seem to prefer simple maps to those cluttered with too many narrow paths

jordisok

Mission: Win a competitive game on Insersion, fml.

Just had a go (and lost), such a weird map, nades are essentially useless cos there's so much open ground :\

soultron

Banned
€4,30 is kinda steep for maps I'll never play. But getting in now hoping for high-price cases might pay off in the end.. hmm.
This is the first op where everyone gets the maps, regardless if you buy a pass or not.

Buying the pass gets you the challenge coin, access to the new skins, and missions.

Wunder

Not really a fan of the maps. Castle, insertion and rush seem really shitty from what I've played.
Mist is interesting, but there are too many patheays through that map for my taste.

Overall, I just seem to prefer simple maps to those cluttered with too many narrow paths

It seems like theres a strong theme of verticality for all these maps. I actually like Overgrown a lot, and am willing to keep playing Blackgold and Mist for testing. Castle is pretty awful and so is Insertion, Rush is OK for a hostage map though.

EDIT: Also its weird talking to another Kirby.

CoolS

It seems like theres a strong theme of verticality for all these maps. I actually like Overgrown a lot, and am willing to keep playing Blackgold and Mist for testing. Castle is pretty awful and so is Insertion, Rush is OK for a hostage map though.

EDIT: Also its weird talking to another Kirby.

Kirby Bros!

I'll definitely give all the DE maps a go in competetive, but I'm still sad crown isn't in this at least.

Wunder

Kirby Bros!

I'll definitely give all the DE maps a go in competetive, but I'm still sad crown isn't in this at least.

dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

Yeah, I know some people are super hesitant towards new maps, and I dont know if any of them are any good, but there's at least fun for a couple maps. Except Insertion, FUCK that map.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Played a competitive match in Black Gold. The map is a clusterfuck. The visual noise is awful and the sight lines are ridiculous. It needs a complete overhaul.

Current mission says get 15 heavy kills. Joined a DM operation server and got 15 negev kills, didn't register. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Nevermind, just noticed it says in Casual. DM doesn't count. Sigh.

CoolS

dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

Yeah, I know some people are super hesitant towards new maps, and I dont know if any of them are any good, but there's at least fun for a couple maps. Except Insertion, FUCK that map.

Just played rush and I don't liek that one either. There are like 10 spots on every part of the map where suddenly an enemy can jump out of the bushes and give you a headshot. I have no idea why they thought including these maps was a good idea.

soultron

Banned
Just played rush and I don't liek that one either. There are like 10 spots on every part of the map where suddenly an enemy can jump out of the bushes and give you a headshot. I have no idea why they thought including these maps was a good idea.

A lot of map makers were making maps for the gamebanana map comp, and I think there was some other comps not too long ago as well, so I feel they were chosen from that bunch.

A lot of the maps are interesting visually, and it's nice to get out of warehouses and office complexes, IMO. None of these maps are great for competitive play, and since some of the geo is so complicated (Castle, specifically) I doubt they'll get overhauls to make them more suitable.

I'm just enjoying the variety, personally, as someone who only dabbles in competitive play.

KingKong

Also the mission system is brilliant. My first mission was to get 40 deagle kills in DM - groan fuck the deagle nahmean - but turns out one deag'ing is quite rewarding. Aside from the shitty performance on some of the maps I'm rather enjoying this update so far.

What was the reward? My first mission was to only get 10 pistol kills in casual and I got that crappy scorched ump, seems like your mission should get you a nicer gun

Yeah, I'm not a fan at all. Don't see any of the maps being played in comp. It feels like they picked them because the maps looked nice and were visually unique without regard to the actual gameplay. People always say this, but they really do feel like Call of Duty maps that are more fit for respawning deathmatch than a CS:GO round

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wait, are the missions guaranteed drops? Can you do these offline/bot matches?

THIS WOULD CHANGE EVERYTHING for me in regards to not buying operations.

KingKong

yes, each mission is assigned to one of the three new collections and you get a drop from that collection when you complete it.

I bought this as an old 1.6 player trying to get back into the game. I'm really disappointed in the exclusion of mods like skins and etc. The recoil value seems to be a lot lower than 1.6 it would seem.

The rest is solid, much better than CS:Source to me.

soultron

Banned
I bought this as an old 1.6 player trying to get back into the game. I'm really disappointed in the exclusion of mods like skins and etc. The recoil value seems to be a lot lower than 1.6 it would seem.

The rest is solid, much better than CS:Source to me.

I don't use them, but there's still a pretty healthy community of people doing skin mods, animation mods, full weapon skin replacement mods, etc. on gamebanana There are lots of map making communities that are very active (many of the operations pack maps come from the community) on sites like mapcore.

Whether or not you can use stuff like skins and anim mods without getting a VAC ban is something I'm not aware of, however. Maybe someone else can comment?

I would like that as well. I wouldn't want to be banned. In my opinion, if the mods were excluded then it was to sell those weapon boxes and keys.

I would like that as well. I wouldn't want to be banned. In my opinion, if the mods were excluded then it was to sell those weapon boxes and keys.

I haven't tried mods and skins myself, but I assume it's not available for competitive mode. And so it should be, or people could run around with opposing players that stand out brightly against the background or invisible weapons like the old r_drawviewmodel 0 command. But I do believe you can still use skins on community servers.

CoolS

It works with only bots I think, but you definitely need to be online on a Valve server.

Apparently the movementAccuracy Value of the Tec9 went from 13.81 to 3.81. Seems like a mistake rather than a voluntary thing. I expect them to change it back to a more normal value by next week. The way it is now is ridicolous.

rCIZZLE

Tec9 is way too good now. Like there's no reason not to tec9 + head armor on round 2 win or lose round 1. I've pretty much been just using it and awp on T side now and completely wrecking people. Definitely getting nerfed soon.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Did 2 competitive rounds on Rush back to back. I liked the map quite a bit. I had a fantastic team in the second round who helped me reach god-tier status. At 14-4 I killed the whole enemy team and saved a hostage lol. All but one just rage quit after that.

Ilúvatar

Of the new maps have only played Black Gold... it's alright. Pretty ambivalent about it. I got a Breakout Case and like a moron opened it. It's been so long since the beginning of Phoenix I forgot the protocol!

Wunder

I feel like the map maker was trying to do something interesting with Insertion but the result is just a confusing clusterfuck of a map that feels like a sniping fest.

cresto

Ilúvatar;119240108 said:
Of the new maps have only played Black Gold... it's alright. Pretty ambivalent about it. I got a Breakout Case and like a moron opened it. It's been so long since the beginning of Phoenix I forgot the protocol!

What's the protocol? I haven't done an operation before

I haven't tried mods and skins myself, but I assume it's not available for competitive mode. And so it should be, or people could run around with opposing players that stand out brightly against the background or invisible weapons like the old r_drawviewmodel 0 command. But I do believe you can still use skins on community servers.
That's fine then. Thanks for the answer. I rather play in servers, I"m tired of being called an aim botter by competitive match making players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom