• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolS

There is a ban wave coming?

I haven't played in like 2 weeks, 1 cause of the sale and the other due to my friends not playing too.

There was a huge one yesterday. Tons of people got banned, including some semi pros and people that are apparently rather well known in the CS GO scene

chessnut

Wait, you couldnt win against only pistols?

My team was just giving rounds away....we had a 3 on one situation. Bomb was planted in b and the last T was in vents. I started defusing and they my teammates were covering. One of my teammates unnecessarily decides to smoke site and they let the dude kill me, jump out of vents and hide in the smoke. He eventually dies....but the guy on our team with a kit starts running away even tho I'm saying in voice chat that he's the one with the kit.

These guys were good with the p250s too, eagle master/badge/double AK....

Ct side they'd rush ramp and lobby where 2-3 terrorists were waiting for them so it ends up being a 2 v 4 or 1 vs 3 at the end of every match

Wunder

Ilúvatar;119093234 said:
I need to get back into betting, I'm slightly concerned with the fluid way CSGL operates though.

Yeah the odds are really fluid, I kinda hate it. I bet on fnatic in DHSummer when they had like 20/80 odds and then I checked it again and it was suddenly 50/50, they still lost but I would've been mad as hell if they won and all I got was a 1:1 return.

chessnut

Ilúvatar;119093234 said:
I need to get back into betting, I'm slightly concerned with the fluid way CSGL operates though.

I've been on a tear lately, it's getting ridiculous and I'm scared my luck is gonna run out soon

c5727cfb8af657ae0fe1a1ede60c043f.png

KingKong

Those missions are such a good idea, complete a mission get a skin? I'll take that.

Yeah, I wonder how rare they'll be though.

Good idea to make maps free for everyone but give these additional features for the coin. Also in the patch notes (http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2014/07/9819/), this is interesting

- Maps have been divided into three groups: Active Duty, Reserves, and Operation. These map assignments will be re-evaluated every Operation.
– Active Duty Maps:
— Dust II
— Nuke
— Mirage
— Inferno
— Cobblestone
— Overpass
— Cache
– Reserves Maps:
— Train
— Aztec
— Dust
— Vertigo
— Office
— Italy
— Assault
— Militia
– Operation Maps:
— Castle
— Overgrown
— Black Gold
— Mist
— Rush
— Insertion

wonder what the reserves means, maybe they'll add popular Operation maps (cache) to reserves?

Is there any way to tell when you're going to rank up?

No.

Looks like there were some pretty major changes to some of the pistols and shotguns.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2014/07/9819/

- Weapon Changes:
– Desert Eagle:
— Increased standing and crouching Accurate Range
– CZ75-A:
— Decreased standing and crouching Accurate Range
– Tec-9:
— Increased standing, crouching, and moving Accurate Range
– Elites:
— Reduced price to $500
– SSG08:
— Reduced price to $1700
— Increased Accurate Range slightly
– Mag7:
— Penetration Power increased
— Pellets reduced to 8
— Individual pellet damage increased to 30
— Reduced maximum range slightly
– Sawed Off:
— Pellets reduced to 8
— Individual pellet damage increased to 32
— Reduced maximum range slightly
— Spread increased slightly
– XM1014:
— Reduced price to $2000
— Spread reduced slightly
– For all shotguns except Nova, pellets will now penetrate walls.

Sajjaja

So I should just pick up the Operation right away right? It would be my first one and I have more than enough from card money.

No M4A4 skins, that's a drag. Baggage Collection looks almost entirely barf, but I'm liking the simpler single tone skins of Cobblestone Collection. The Nitro CZ must be mine; but I already like Fuschia is Now. Dang it, release skins I like for weapons that don't have skins I like!

This update is huge and it's not even Wednesday. Pistol revamp, shotgun revamp, possible Scout viability? Gotta see the wallbanging changes for myself, it was always weird and unintuitive as it was. Scope visibility improvement at high shader is nice too.

Deagle Pilot looks perfect, can't wait to see it go up for $10+ on the market and never own one. No P250 skins though.
There's a P250 in the new case, but looks way too busy for my liking.

operation_breakout_06.jpg

So I should just pick up the Operation right away right? It would be my first one and I have more than enough from card money.
Yeah, if you're interested in getting into an operation it's always best to do so ASAP, then you can immediately flip any case drops and get your money back and usually then some.

soultron

Banned
Hey dudes, don't forget to click on the missions on the main menu and then hit "PLAY" if you want to launch into them. Otherwise, progress towards the "Get X kills with Y" challenges won't count.

CoolS

Love the sound and look of the update and operation, other than that there is no crown. Oh and I hope the Tec9 isn't too good now.

soultron

Banned
Friend is telling me the tec-9's grouping is better than the P250 or Five-Seven. That's nuts. Gonna have to mess around with it in the next few days.

It's pretty crazy, yeah. The buff to accuracy means you can roll with it confident that you'll never have to reload.

My prediction is that it either gets nerfed again in the next week or two or it becomes the pro T choice split with the Deagle.

Got a case tonight and flipped it right away to make back the price of the pass. sogood.gif

Also played some casual with Snacks on Castle, which was cool!

CoolS

Yikes the no hud glitch is serious

Seriously, WTF Valve. QUick bugfix on that please.
Yeah I think it's the worst Operation map yet. Is there a lack of decent hostage maps or something? I can't think of a single good one in any operation, but then again the official ones except Office are bad too.

Insertion is quite an interesting concept, but the execution seems very shitty, with so much fog and so many places to hide in the forest.

It's pretty crazy, yeah. The buff to accuracy means you can roll with it confident that you'll never have to reload.

My prediction is that it either gets nerfed again in the next week or two or it becomes the pro T choice split with the Deagle.

Got a case tonight and flipped it right away to make back the price of the pass. sogood.gif

Also played some casual with Snacks on Castle, which was cool!
Looking forward to how the tec9 will be used in Pro matches.
I still think castle as a map is WAY to big for competetive.

Oh and it looks like train was put in Reserve for now, but will be overhauled in the future:
http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffen...ew_de_train_overhaul_teased_in_the_bullet/[1]

Edit: And just did a mission in Deathmatch to get 25 SCAR kills. I had 35 and it didn't register at all. What gives?

KingKong

You can still select it for comp right? It looked like the wait time was like 20 minutes for reserve maps, it would be really annoying if this change means no ones going to be playing them

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I got a mission to get 25 rifle kills in casual mode. It instantly connects me to a server with bots that won't actually progress the mission (completed the map). They need to rethink this stuff since I'm trapped with an impossible mission.

jediyoshi

I got a mission to get 25 rifle kills in casual mode. It instantly connects me to a server with bots that won't actually progress the mission (completed the map). They need to rethink this stuff since I'm trapped with an impossible mission.

You can do it in whatever casual playlist, you're not stuck to using the built in auto connect

So how do the missions work exactly? Do you get one to work towards, then another upon completion, or are there multiple ones you can have at a given point?

soultron

Banned
So how do the missions work exactly? Do you get one to work towards, then another upon completion, or are there multiple ones you can have at a given point?
Seems like you can have max of 2 missions. When you complete one, you get a drop from 1 of the new 45 skins.

If you complete a mission (and have an open slot in your 2 missions), sometimes you'll go a few rounds before you get a new mission as a drop at the end of a round.

Tec-9 is really good now, had some fun DM sessions with it. The trails from wallbanged shots are a really nice touch too.

Seems like you can have max of 2 missions. When you complete one, you get a drop from 1 of the new 45 skins.

If you complete a mission (and have an open slot in your 2 missions), sometimes you'll go a few rounds before you get a new mission as a drop at the end of a round.
Two missions at a time sounds good, I'm kind of on the fence about getting the operation but being cornered into a mission I don't wanna do would be a deal breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom