• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensirius

Ok, got the new operation.
New case drops, sold it for 3, if I can get another nice drop I might be able to get my money back in 2/3 days.
Now onto figuring out how to get my money back to PayPal. Keys?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ivory P2000 is some hotness.

christian-bale-kermit-the-frog.gif

I think I'd probably use a Nametag and tag as "Ebony and Ivory."

That's fine then. Thanks for the answer. I rather play in servers, I"m tired of being called an aim botter by competitive match making players.

Eventually you will be matched with people around your own skill level. It takes a few matches, but it's well worth it if you can stomach the 64-tick servers.

Sajjaja

Eventually you will be matched with people around your own skill level. It takes a few matches, but it's well worth it if you can stomach the 64-tick servers.

What are 64 tick and 128 tick servers?

Also, I noticed that when I join a match and look at the scoreboard, I'm the only one with my rank showing but at the end of the match, people have ranks. What's the deal with that? I'm Silver 3 btw.

dLMN8R

I'm pretty new to CS: GO with only 4 hours on my account, but I'm not super clear on how drops are supposed to work.

I've read some things online about drop rates and such, but it's still confusing to me that I've played for 4 hours using quick matches (which I assume put me on official servers?) but I still haven't gotten a single drop. I stick around to the end of rounds and such, still nothing.

What am I missing?

Ludono

Also, I noticed that when I join a match and look at the scoreboard, I'm the only one with my rank showing but at the end of the match, people have ranks. What's the deal with that? I'm Silver 3 btw.

Competitive doesn't show ranks until the end of the match. If you're in a lobby with friends you can see their ranks during game as well.

RS4-

...so I can't be the only one that has stats in casual, reserve group not counting towards the mission huh.

3-4 complete matches, kills still required at 8.

edit - oh, official servers.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Tec9 is way too good now. Like there's reason not to tec9 + head armor on round 2 win or lose round 1. I've pretty much been just using it and awp on T side now and completely wrecking people. Definitely getting nerfed soon.
Which is precisely what they were trying to avoid by nerfing the CZ. These guys are bad at balancing.

Clydefrog

Still having horrible routing issues to Valve's matchmaking servers. I cannot get under 100 ping to any Valve server during peak hours. I have to play at like 1 AM just in order to have 50-60 ping.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm pretty new to CS: GO with only 4 hours on my account, but I'm not super clear on how drops are supposed to work.

I've read some things online about drop rates and such, but it's still confusing to me that I've played for 4 hours using quick matches (which I assume put me on official servers?) but I still haven't gotten a single drop. I stick around to the end of rounds and such, still nothing.

What am I missing?

That the drop rate is shit unless you get the Operation Coins. Yes, it's royally stupid. It took me about 5-10 hours before I even got one not including bot matches in that time.

Sajjaja

Awww yiss. Ranked up.

9EEE30A3D57D5027BDD9ECEBF0664CA70133FA21

In this map, the surviving T didn't even see the CT defusing the bomb cause he blent into the wall, so I was yelling "HE'S AT THE BOMB DEFUSING RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!"

Also got an Operation case and sold it for about 4.10 (buyers price). Already made back half of what I paid from my steam wallet.

ViviOggi

Anyone know what's up with the drop limit for missions? I got four today until it kicked in while mates and random people on the Steam forums mostly got two until they stopped dropping.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Is it worse or better than the AUGpocalypse?

Really glad they added Cache to the official map pool. Love that map.

The AUG thing was hilarity with a scope for a week.

Deadman

Is it worse or better than the AUGpocalypse?

Really glad they added Cache to the official map pool. Love that map.

About the same. There is really no reason for terrorists to not all buy tec9s at the start, its an almost guaranteed win for the first 2 rounds. Even when the opponent has a real gun its perfectly possible to win with tec9.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Update's out:
Release Notes for 7/2/2014

[OPERATION BREAKOUT]
- Missions will now properly reward progress on partnering dedicated servers.
- Fixed graphical glitch with water on cs_rush and de_overgrown when shader detail is set to medium or low.

[GAMEPLAY]
- Fixed the Tec-9 weapon script.

[MISC]
- Fixed a rare crash when updating the scoreboard.
- Zooming out of a sniper scope on a map that doesn’t have a post processing entity will no longer cause a circular visual artifact.

Zia

Can you only obtain a certain amount of assignments a day (or week)? I received four, did all four and now they aren't dropping at all. I haven't seen them drop for other players this evening, either.

CoolS

Can you only obtain a certain amount of assignments a day (or week)? I received four, did all four and now they aren't dropping at all. I haven't seen them drop for other players this evening, either.
I'd assume there is a cap just like with normal drop per weeks because you DO get weapon skins for doing missiona. And yay for the hotfix

soultron

Banned
I'd assume there is a cap just like with normal drop per weeks because you DO get weapon skins for doing missiona. And yay for the hotfix

That's my assumption too. Otherwise people who play 24/7 would stand to make a lot of money off this update.

cresto

Even though there are issues with the game, let's not lose sight of the fact that this game has extensive updates on a simi regular basis due in large part to community feedback. It's astonishing to see a game receive so many tweaks in a time when games dont get fixed and sequels are already on their way. I commend valve for the way they do business. Too bad console gamers (myself included) can't see the value in what they have and just mindlessly dump more and more money into series with little to no change from game to game.

Tc91

Anyone know what's up with the drop limit for missions? I got four today until it kicked in while mates and random people on the Steam forums mostly got two until they stopped dropping.

I'd like to know this too, 1 of my friends thinks it's 2 missions per day. Is that true?

dLMN8R

So can someone explain further how these tokens work?

I was able to load the Operation Breakout game without buying a token, but then I was placed in a game full of bots. Was that a fluke? Or is that how the custom games work when you don't buy a token for them?

I thought you could still play them without buying a token, you just wouldn't get drops / missions / etc. from them.

chessnut

So can someone explain further how these tokens work?

I was able to load the Operation Breakout game without buying a token, but then I was placed in a game full of bots. Was that a fluke? Or is that how the custom games work when you don't buy a token for them?

I thought you could still play them without buying a token, you just wouldn't get drops / missions / etc. from them.

It was a fluke. Disconnect and try joining another server

The token is just for the missions, journal, and new case

RS4-

I'm still stuck on two missions (1 drop). Almost feels like I have to throw in 10 more hours just for one more.

Deadbeat

Banned
I dont understand why we cant have some nice UMP skins and not babys first art project. Would it have been so hard to have made a tuxedo ump 45?

Zia

I'm still stuck on two missions (1 drop). Almost feels like I have to throw in 10 more hours just for one more.

I wish they'd be clear about this. I bought the pass specifically for the missions thinking that they'd drop regularly.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I dont understand why we cant have some nice UMP skins and not babys first art project. Would it have been so hard to have made a tuxedo ump 45?
Bone pile UMP is pretty cool.

Deadbeat

Banned
Still rocking caramel.
Pretty much what Im still using. Got a skull sticker on it as well (because someone was selling the ump at the lowest market price for some reason).
Bone pile UMP is pretty cool.
I sorta liked it for a bit but then stayed with Caramel.
I like corporal and bone pile
Corporal doesnt have the magazine skinned like in the photo. I was so disappointed when I found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom