• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

Really glad they added Cache to the official map pool. Love that map.

Forget about this. Got a mission to win a competitive Cache game. It would be easy, they said. Welp, 5 matches later and we got stomped every game. >_> Damn this map.

One annoying this is that this game community still mostly plays Dust 2. In order to get in a game without taking ages I have to tick the Dust 2 option for matchmaking.

At least unlike 1.6, matchmaking doesn't have always 16000 matches. I hate the 1.6 server communities for that. It defeats the purpose of having money.

Wunder

One annoying this is that this game community still mostly plays Dust 2. In order to get in a game without taking ages I have to tick the Dust 2 option for matchmaking.

At least unlike 1.6, matchmaking doesn't have always 16000 matches. I hate the 1.6 server communities for that. It defeats the purpose of having money.

Somewhat true, I feel like Inferno has become as close of a staple as another map can get to Dust 2 without being Dust 2. How long is 'ages'? I've gotten queue pops for Inferno instantly, and mirage/cache/nuke are 2-5 minute waits.

CoolS

Somewhat true, I feel like Inferno has become as close of a staple as another map can get to Dust 2 without being Dust 2. How long is 'ages'? I've gotten queue pops for Inferno instantly, and mirage/cache/nuke are 2-5 minute waits.

Europe here, inferno nuke mirage and cache all pop up in 30 secondsm mayve 2 minutes max.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

What, you don't like the same map 24/7, brah?

snack

Dat map doe.

I play very late. It gets tiring playing dust 2 all the time. I had only played the Aztec once I'm match making and same with Dust 1.

Inferno is a great map. I am taking a liking to mirage.

The rotation I always played in the past was Dust1/2, Aztec, Office, Italy, and Inferno.

Tweeted by Heaton.

Pretty pathetic for pro players to have to do this at tournaments.
Bruu-PPCEAE9cDM.jpg:large

Played this for the first time this week, mainly bumming around on dust and dust 2. Seems weird just playing TDM games without the defusing the bomb or protecting the bomb carrier and planting it on the terrorist side objectives.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I like how Nuke adds some layout variety to the competitive map pool. It's also my most played map, even though it feels like I've spent more time in Office or Inferno.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
At this point it's fair to say: Wait till next week.

I just had one drop tonight, so I dunno if it was because I didn't have one, or because I hadn't hit my drop limit for the week yet.

I decided I should pick up anything that's Anodized Navy since that shade of blue is fucking awesome.

I am unsure why some guns on the market are more expensive with Minimal Wear than Factory New though.

Sajjaja

I only got 2 missions so far and I'm pretty sure they dropped at the same time in the first game since I got the operation.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins...

de_horror.jpg

they gave me one. Brought it up to me like room service. It was a real choice mission, and when it was over, I never wanted another.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins...

de_horror.jpg

they gave me one. Brought it up to me like room service. It was a real choice mission, and when it was over, I never wanted another.

Yeah Black Gold is trash. Community favorite maps are generally favorites because they look decent rather than play decent unfortunately.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, apart from being insanely busy visually I kind of like Black Gold. Better be grateful it wasn't Insertion.
Not only do I like Insertion, I've won on it in comp mode. Problem is I haven't gotten a mission for it yet.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Just... wow.. I hope they continue working on the bullet penetrations stuff and update it soonish
If the community is vocal about it, I'm sure Valve will look into tweaking it. I hope stuff like what's in that video is fixed in this week's patch.

soultron

Banned
Had Competitive Mission on Mist. The map would play so much better if the map wasn't multi-level and overlapping; the sounds of footsteps come from everywhere, so the only way to know where someone is is if the footstep SFX switches from ground to ladder and so on.

I felt like I was high as fuck and having aural hallucinations.

We won anyway since the other team seemed pretty fresh and didn't work together at all. At one point we started using pistols only. 16-2.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Vertigo has the same problem, unfortunately. It would be nice to see Valve address it.

Didn't realize we had a CS:GO thread. Reposting this here:

pKSlqny.png

When we are playing: (Estimate Time)
t1404693000z4.png

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Everyone from all skill levels is welcome to join!

How to join us:
Add me as a friend on steam and through the main menu join the same game that I am in.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

Wunder

Didn't realize we had a CS:GO thread. Reposting this here:

pKSlqny.png

When we are playing: (Estimate Time)
t1404693000z4.png

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Everyone from all skill levels is welcome to join!

How to join us:
Add me as a friend on steam and through the main menu join the same game that I am in.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

oh shit, added! Im in the UK tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom