• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the CS community. I play every so often, I'm pretty bad. People just seem to auto head shot me. I don't want to play a ton, I use to play Source a ton. I have 7 wins so I don't have levels displayed yet. Do I ever get placed with people at my skill level or is just everyone better than me? Sort of annoying as I like CS, just want to play it leisurely but in the confines of an actual game (rounds/time limit/friendly fire/etc).

Sajjaja

Question for the CS community. I play every so often, I'm pretty bad. People just seem to auto head shot me. I don't want to play a ton, I use to play Source a ton. I have 7 wins so I don't have levels displayed yet. Do I ever get placed with people at my skill level or is just everyone better than me? Sort of annoying as I like CS, just want to play it leisurely but in the confines of an actual game (rounds/time limit/friendly fire/etc).

You need 10 competitive matchmaking wins for your rank to be displayed. You should be matched with people your skill level already if I'm not mistaken.

cHinzo

I miss Cache so much. Hope it gets added to the official map pool soon. ;_; Also, my aim is horrible lately. I keep overaiming that stupid crosshair. Maybe it's a good thing, because Eagle would be way above my league. :d

NIN90

I miss Cache so much. Hope it gets added to the official map pool soon. ;_; Also, my aim is horrible lately. I keep overaiming that stupid crosshair. Maybe it's a good thing, because Eagle would be way above my league. :d
Gotta lower that sensitivity! :d
I'm rocking 1.3 ingame @ 400 DPI myself and I'm pretty consistent lately. Checking corners while entering sites can be a pain though.

cHinzo

Gotta lower that sensitivity! :d
I'm rocking 1.3 ingame @ 400 DPI myself and I'm pretty consistent lately. Checking corners while entering sites can be a pain though.

I'm at 1.6 atm with 800 dpi. Cant change my dpi though, because I got a 10 bucks mouse lol. This stupid mouse also occasionally doesn't register movements. Maybe that's the problem... :'D

So what does the 'community quick play' button do when you are on the workshop tab when you go to find a game? I was under the impression that you could select some workshop maps and it would find a server currently running one of those maps but it never seems to work. A couple times it has dumped me in a server running some other map I don't have and have to download, but most times it just puts me in my own listen game with bots.

Giggzy

I'm extremely happy to see this game climbing the ladders of players playing per day. Have the 1.6 and source community finally merge into GO?

It's also nice to see the esports scene coming back as well. As an ex CAL-I 1.6 player, I will always have a strong attachment to this game and fan base. Road tripping to the CPL finals in Dallas was some of the best times in my life <3

I feel old reminiscing about it... 12 years ago now...

CoolS

Not 75% off though. They are obviously trying to combat the hackers that stock up during this time.

I love that the're actually doing that.

Was afraid of the worst..

I'm extremely happy to see this game climbing the ladders of players playing per day. Have the 1.6 and source community finally merge into GO?

It's also nice to see the esports scene coming back as well. As an ex CAL-I 1.6 player, I will always have a strong attachment to this game and fan base. Road tripping to the CPL finals in Dallas was some of the best times in my life <3

I feel old reminiscing about it... 12 years ago now...

A lot of players have made the change, but I suspect there are also a lot of new ones. I just hope Valve continues to implement the pros and community's feedback. It's been a bit quiet in that regard recently.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Brace yourselves, the new buyers are coming. (Hopefully lots of them actually stick around the learn the game!)

Looking at the Steam thread, not a lot of new buyers because "-50%? WHAT HAPPENED TO -75%?"

... "Hackers caused it, either buy or don't."

"OMG BUT I WANT MY -75%!"

"You'd make your money back."

"-75%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

New blog post: Balancing Act

Sounds like they're going to nerf the CZ75. :(
Makes sense, it seemed like a point of contention among higher skilled players. I barely use it myself, the ammo pool just makes it too risky for my own abilities.

If they were wanting more variety, they should have the CZ replacing a pistol that they're fine with being unpopular like the Tec-9 or Berettas. It's obviously going to cut into the use of P250s when you're forced to make a choice between them.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Make dual-wielded CZ75-Autos. That'll fix things.

I like that this typo has been on the CS blog for months.

jPXJyifQyGmgf.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I would be very surprised if the Deag didn't get a bit of a buff seeing as how its total usage has dipped below even the Five-Seven. CZ's absolutely going to get hit with something but I hope not too much *pats Victoria-CZ*

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I love that the image used to advertise GO in the sale is the Phoenix image with Cache. Yes, Valve is advertising CS:GO with an image from a map not even in the game anymore.

cresto

It was bound to happen. The amount of eco round wins was ridiculous.

And that's a bad thing because...? I enjoy eco rounds, but the majority of time is just people getting massacred. I watched the Virtus Pro vs Na'vi match on Mirage last night and found it more intriguing that the second round on each half went to the team saving. Definitely makes the save rounds less predictable and the games more intense.

Giggzy

But also nullifies the advantage you should have from winning the pistol round. There should be a chance an eco round should be won, but it shouldn't be that high.

cresto

But also nullifies the advantage you should have from winning the pistol round. There should be a chance an eco round should be won, but it shouldn't be that high.

I don't think it nullifies the round. It's still a pistol versus a rifle. If the team is good enough and coordinated, it shouldn't happen. I think it just ups the ante of every round and is less predictable. That's what makes other sports more interesting to watch.

Giggzy

I don't think it nullifies the round. It's still a pistol versus a rifle. If the team is good enough and coordinated, it shouldn't happen. I think it just ups the ante of every round and is less predictable. That's what makes other sports more interesting to watch.

I probably shouldn't be commenting on this as I haven't played GO enough to see how the economy works, and also the strength of the weapons. My mindset is that of a 1.6 player.

Does losing an eco round as CT after winning pistol still set you back 2 rounds vs the 1 round of T because of the cost difference of the AK47 vs m4a1? Are those weapons still the main rifles even used?!?! LOL

I've been having a blast picking up CS again and I'm starting to get that competitive itch. I'll need to start following the current pro teams. I can see myself joining a team for scrims and matches. Hopefully my skill will come back!

CoolS

I probably shouldn't be commenting on this as I haven't played GO enough to see how the economy works, and also the strength of the weapons. My mindset is that of a 1.6 player.

Does losing an eco round as CT after winning pistol still set you back 2 rounds vs the 1 round of T because of the cost difference of the AK47 vs m4a1? Are those weapons still the main rifles even used?!?! LOL

I've been having a blast picking up CS again and I'm starting to get that competitive itch. I'll need to start following the current pro teams. I can see myself joining a team for scrims and matches. Hopefully my skill will come back!

I you loose Pistol round you have to wait untill round 4 to buy up M4s, if that's what you are asking.

Red Scarlet

I play on weekends usually, but my inventory is better at the game than I am (Nova 3-4). I got that 'Welcome to Hell' sticker going, too. Is pretty neat.

rCIZZLE

Was wondering why there was 35k viewers for the ESEA stream lol. Crazy seeing these old names still in the mix even if the rosters are completely different.

soultron

Banned
Was playing TDM tonight, warming up with the Nova and thinking, "Either I'm really good tonight or everyone's new."

/Hit TAB... see no medals

"OK, everyone's just new."

chessnut

just played the most frustrating scrim

The other team used p250/armor the entire game and we couldnt win. We actually went 11-4 in the first half...
I called a ramp rush, dude on our team takes bomb outside and I'm telling him to drop the bomb if you wanna do that shit. Ignores me, dies and drops bomb outside. Team constantly rushed on ct side while the t's were just waiting. Fucking wow....

On the other hand, my bets have been on point for the last 2 weeks, so I guess I can't be too mad

CoolS

The other team used p250/armor the entire game and we couldnt win. We actually went 11-4 in the first half...
I called a ramp rush, dude on our team takes bomb outside and I'm telling him to drop the bomb if you wanna do that shit. Ignores me, dies and drops bomb outside. Team constantly rushed on ct side while the t's were just waiting. Fucking wow....

On the other hand, my bets have been on point for the last 2 weeks, so I guess I can't be too mad
Wait, you couldnt win against only pistols?

valeo

Indicative of a team who are likely a bunch of smurf accounts.

btw, Valve really need to fix the BOT responsiveness to radio calls. Have to say hold this position a billion times for them to do it.

CoolS

Indicative of a team who are likely a bunch of smurf accounts.

btw, Valve really need to fix the BOT responsiveness to radio calls. Have to say hold this position a billion times for them to do it.

On the one hand I agree, on the other if you can control bots too much they wouldn't be too much of a penalty when kicking a player.

Tc91

Ilúvatar;118989905 said:
News of the ban wave has me excited to hop on to MM after I return from vacation!

There is a ban wave coming?

I haven't played in like 2 weeks, 1 cause of the sale and the other due to my friends not playing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom