• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwayne

During lunchtime at work we often play CS together, and have recently moved up to GO. I want to set up a server that only workfolk can join, and so up until now the hosting player has been setting the server to private.
The issue is that users only seem to be able to to join when the game is in lobby, and if anyone crashes or wants to join later, we all have to quit out and start over, which is a big hassle and time waster. Is there a console command to allow friends to join during gameplay, without opening the whole thing up to the world?

Been considering setting up a LAN server, but having to manually connect via console command isn't that appealing.

MayMay

Banned
Whoa, nice - there's a CSGO thread. Subbed.

I'm currently dealing with the struggles of being stuck in the same skillgroup since forever. I just finally ranked up though - so that might go faster now.. Hopefully.

Wunder

Whoa, nice - there's a CSGO thread. Subbed.

I'm currently dealing with the struggles of being stuck in the same skillgroup since forever. I just finally ranked up though - so that might go faster now.. Hopefully.

What skill group are you in and how long have you been playing?

MayMay

Banned
What skill group are you in and how long have you been playing?

90 hours, Silver 4 now after 40 victories. Been Silver 3 for the longest time.
Only really started playing competitive a week or so ago.
I wouldnt say I'm super bad, because I was literally #1 of the scoreboard in 95% of the cases during my time in Silver 3 - but everyone else was just so shit. Team too heavy, can't carry. So I ended up losing alot of times due to an insanely incompetent team. And if we didn't lose, the enemy team was so insanely bad that me killing them didnt make a difference for my skillgroup lol.

First few matches in Silver 4 -- exactly the same problem. :L Got someone with no skillgroup that started the game up for the first time 5 minutes ago in every single match. Thanks Summersale (and CSGOs weird matchmaking sometimes).

soultron

Banned
Hah, I like Castle. I haven't played it yet, but its based on a castle closeby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predjama_Castle

Been there a few times too.

That's pretty awesome.

I don't think it's a great competitive map, but as a cool recreation of a real-world space, I give it tonnes of props. Also, lots of great custom geometry (those caves... the stalagmites/stalactites) in Castle, especially considering most of CSGO's maps have really angular/simple geo.

Wunder

90 hours, Silver 4 now after 40 victories. Been Silver 3 for the longest time.
Only really started playing competitive a week or so ago.
I wouldnt say I'm super bad, because I was literally #1 of the scoreboard in 95% of the cases during my time in Silver 3 - but everyone else was just so shit. Team too heavy, can't carry. So I ended up losing alot of times due to an insanely incompetent team. And if we didn't lose, the enemy team was so insanely bad that me killing them didnt make a difference for my skillgroup lol.

First few matches in Silver 4 -- exactly the same problem. :L Got someone with no skillgroup that started the game up for the first time 5 minutes ago in every single match. Thanks Summersale (and CSGOs weird matchmaking sometimes).

Ah ok, I would suggest if you're feeling frustrated about the people you're being queued with or if you feel like you aren't progressing, to either try and find some GAFfers/friends to play with or be more active in friending the few people who you think are party-worthy in your solo queue games.

I was placed in Silver 3 when I first started but while most of my games have been at least a 2 stack, we still had quite a number of bad games that involved hackers, trolls or just people that had no idea what they were doing. Keep at it, feel free to PM me if you are ever feeling lost and feel like you aren't progressing. I think most people can easily reach the AKs-Badge area with enough time/practice, its just how efficient you want to be with your learning.

Shiina

Do you guys have a clue if you can switch between A1/A4 and USP/P2000 without using the loadout window? Per console maybe?

Wunder

Do you guys have a clue if you can switch between A1/A4 and USP/P2000 without using the loadout window? Per console maybe?

Pretty sure you can't. In competitive games you can access your inventory through the Main Menu (Esc) in warm-up, but once you're in a match you can't do anything. I think in any other match made mode you can freely switch between it though.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
The content analysis for the Operation Breakout update is here (if you care at all about changes made to the game, READ THIS).

Among the notes are a few hints at unreleased knives:

"vmt" "materials/models/weapons/v_models/knife_css/knife_css.vmt"
knife_falchion_advanced/knife_falchion_advanced.vmt"
knife_m48_tomahawk/knife_m48_tomahawk.vmt"
knife_survival_bowie/knife_survival_bowie.vmt"

They're also working on a collectible pin system.

schwupp

something mission related broken atm?
just got a case as a mission reward on a deathmatch map without having a mission active ... i havent even seen a mission drop in the last days

CoolS

something mission related broken atm?
just got a case as a mission reward on a deathmatch map without having a mission active ... i havent even seen a mission drop in the last days

Are you sure you got the case because of a mission?

Otherwisen the mission drops will probably reset tomorrow or so.

schwupp

Are you sure you got the case because of a mission?

Otherwisen the mission drops will probably reset tomorrow or so.

ya it said mission reward on the scoreboard thingie.
additionally this would be the third case this week for me - arent normal drops limited to two?

I need to get out of the silver rankings. I keep getting teammates that don't know what the hell they are doing.

Lets sit in a corner while the bomb is going off on the other side of the map.

CoolS

ya it said mission reward on the scoreboard thingie.
additionally this would be the third case this week for me - arent normal drops limited to two?

Not sure about when exactly the Reset date for drops is.

But I just got my first (fourth in total) mission after the three I had after the update last week.

Divius

Really wish I would stop getting queued up with Russians and other eastern-Europeans players. No offensive if any read this (I'm sure you're not one of 'the bad ones'), but somehow they manage to ruin games for me time and time again. They scream in their mics, block, friendly fire and say 'kick me pls' or just purposely sit in a corner doing nothing. (And it's not just cs:go, other games as well)

That said, I've come across nice Russians as well, so it's not like all of them are bad, but it has come to the point where it's usually ruining my fun whenever I seem to come across one (or more).

MayMay

Banned
Really wish I would stop getting queued up with Russians and other eastern-Europeans players. No offensive if any read this (I'm sure you're not one of 'the bad ones'), but somehow they manage to ruin games for me time and time again. They scream in their mics, block, friendly fire and say 'kick me pls' or just purposely sit in a corner doing nothing. (And it's not just cs:go, other games as well)

That said, I've come across nice Russians as well, so it's not like all of them are bad, but it has come to the point where it's usually ruining my fun whenever I seem to come across one (or more).

I agree on all the points. I've played with nice russians before, but there are just too many of them that ruin the game with their shit. Alot of the time they're hackers too. Played with one yesterday, obviously hacking. Checked his steampage - already got several VAC Bans on games. Called him out. "I'm not hacking blablablub".

Wunder

Yeah, I find the same thing when I solo queue. However, I don't really think it's just limited to 'Russians', I've found angry Frenchmen, screaming Swedes and team killing Ukrainians. It sucks too because when you try and call out in English or whatever they'll just make fun of me for speaking English? Then we just remain silent for the rest of the match and lose.

Jørdan

8 Cache games later, 8 defeats and a derank. Someday I will finish that mission... ;_;

I have the same mission, it was the first I received with the update and is still there. I don't play comp so I hope they introduce a means to remove or exchange missions. If I get a second comp match mission in the second slot I'm screwed. So far it's been SMG and Knife kills in casual which is great.

Drop reset timer: http://josh3d.com/csgo/

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Damn, just had a pretty fantastic mission run on Overgrown Competitive. Got placed with a great team. We started to choke when we switched to CT, but we managed to bring it home. Then I got a 5 cent skin. Dammit.

Can't wait for the drops to reset.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I need to get out of the silver rankings. I keep getting teammates that don't know what the hell they are doing.

Lets sit in a corner while the bomb is going off on the other side of the map.

They don't call it "Silver Hell™" for nothing.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
8 Cache games later, 8 defeats and a derank. Someday I will finish that mission... ;_;
I've made 3 attempts at the same mission so far. Why is this map kicking my ass?

It's official. New seven map pool in ESL One.

- Train
+ Cache
+ Overpass
+ Cbble

editing in some opinions:

I welcome this change with open arms. The map pool desperately needs new blood. Sure, Season, Tuscan or Train might be more fit for competitive play than OP and Cbble, but both maps have potential to become great maps imo. Either way, I honestly would ahve preferred a nine map pool. While I queue for D2, Mirage and Cache 90% of the tim, when watching competitive play I like some variety. While it's possible that the new maps will be vetoed out in the bo1 group matches where teams can veto two maps each. In the knockout stages where it'll be bo3 however, each team will only get to veto one map each, and pick one map each, then the last map will be chosen from the pool of remaining maps. I hope we'll get to see a few matches on the new maps, and can't wait to see how they play at the top level.

Silver hell ehh. If my friends didn't play match making, I would have just played on servers.

I'm silver 4 so far, 2 more ranks to get out. What makes it tougher is the game putting all the terrible teammates on one side and the OK on the other. I usually get the bad end of the stick.

- Train
+ Cache
+ Overpass
+ Cbble

I welcome this change with open arms. The map pool desperately needs new blood. Sure, Season, Tuscan or Train might be more fit for competitive play than OP and Cbble, but both maps have potential to become great maps imo. Either way, I honestly would ahve preferred a nine map pool. While I queue for D2, Mirage and Cache 90% of the tim, when watching competitive play I like some variety. While it's possible that the new maps will be vetoed out in the bo1 group matches where teams can veto two maps each. In the knockout stages where it'll be bo3 however, each team will only get to veto one map each, and pick one map each, then the last map will be chosen from the pool of remaining maps. I hope we'll get to see a few matches on the new maps, and can't wait to see how they play at the top level.

That new veto system sounds awesome, no more Inferno in 90% of the Bo1 matches.

CoolS

- Train
+ Cache
+ Overpass
+ Cbble

Awesome. I'm still not sure how viable cobblestone is, but it will be amazing to finally see some new maps being played on a professional level. I'm especially looking forward to Overpass, since I fucking love that map. I hope this gives the new maps the exposure they need to be also played more often in MM

Giggzy

I placed in Master Guardian Elite after about 15 placement matches. Lost about 4 in a row before the last win, but even then I was carrying my team and had better scores than people on both sides.

My skill hasn't really faded too much, which is nice. It was also fun being called a hacker since I was playing in higher ranks while I was still unranked.

impact

Banned
Finally get another mission drop and...its win a competitive match on Mist.

A map no one plays.

No one plays any of the new maps already LOL. Whoever picked these maps for this operation certainly sucks at their job!

I got one on that L4D style hostage map at a barn. I'm just gonna pretend I never tried it and ignore it. Worst map ever.

cresto

This is the only game I play on PC anymore, but my lil ol' laptop is on its last legs. Any suggestions on cheap alternatives just to play a game with this level graphics? I wouldn't want to spend more than a couple hundred bucks. I just bought an xbone so I don't need a lot of graphical fidelity, just something with consistent, high FPS.

Clydefrog

Finally get another mission drop and...its win a competitive match on Mist.

A map no one plays.

I got a mission that says I have to win a comp match on Overpass. so I play it last night... we got wrecked on the Terrorists side 5-10 but somehow managed to come back on CT... only to TIE 15-15

FUCK

Gotta love it when the biggest shit talker during warmup is the bottom fragger. Didn't get a peep out of him during halftime, and he ended up leaving the game early.

MayMay

Banned
Ugh I need to learn to control myself, some retard teamkiller in my team - trying to achieve a votekick or something. I get so pissed that I end up knifing him at the beginning of the round ---- (more or less to prevent him doing any more damage with stupid shit)

fac6a2eafe0e2d34ea93f8663fe3d699.png

Ah fuck. My own fault for having a short temper when dealing with retards in CSGO.

CoolS

I try to refrain from teamkills because I feel it just enables the idiots even more that they strike a nerve in someone with their stupid behaviour. Most of the times I just accept that the match will be a loss and that gives me the chance to try some different things.

Same. It's, as EzioCroft said, more of a damage prevention thing. I'd rather they rage quit or try to tk in retatlliation so we can kick for the bot slot. Have actually had some comebacks in the past by getting them gone.
That said, I think most of my TKs are from poorly thrown frags or panic kills when a teammate comes round a corner that I'm holding. In any case, I need to kill my own team less.

cHinzo

Dumbest cooldown I've ever gotten was killing a bot at the start of the round to get the AWP we picked up in the previous round lol. Thought everyone could do a maximum of 400 damage to their teammates, but I didn't know u can't kill teammates right at the start of the round. xD
Sadly, after getting kicked out, my bot took the AWP...

Don't ya need like, a lot of leaves and tk's for such a huge cooldown? o.o I remember mine being like 30 minutes or something. I don't teamkill players myself. Prefer voting people off when they're anoying. Sure they can instantly join up another game, but do I care? Much more chance to win a 4 vs 5 in the current game than playing with a troll in ur team.

Aerocrane

Don't ya need like, a lot of leaves and tk's for such a huge cooldown? o.o I remember mine being like 30 minutes or something.

If you abandon a match then competitive will be unavailable for a period of time. The first abandon has a 30-minute cool down, the second is 2 hours, then 24 hours, and one week. If you haven’t abandoned for a week you would cool down by one level (for example, from 24 hours back to 2 hours). I don't know if TKs are handled differently than kicks, but I don't think Valve have specified how many kicks you can have before the system slaps you with a cooldown. I think after too many kicks you get a week unlike abandons where the penalty increases with frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom