• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a ps3 list of players or is a thread going to go up on the community side?

I don't know but I need some PS3 friends really bad since I just bought this game. Anybody know about this? Can we make a PS3 specific thread somewhere or just exchange PSN ID's in here?

I'm interested in seeing what PS3 users think of the game's Move support.

I just set up my Move last night so I could try it out on this game. I don't have a PC to play this game so it's PS3 for me. If the Move control sucks I will most definitely hook up a K/B Mouse to see how it plays.

Anyone else on PS3? I'm having a lot of fun with this. Good effort Valve.

I am downloading this right now, but can't play it till about 9pm.

Played for about 30 min tonight

Weapons tutorial is classic valve and hilarious

Gameplay is CS magic. It's just a shame the aiming is still shitty Valve console aiming. I mean, it literally feels just
Iike orange box, left 4 dead, and portal

Might give Move a try as I don't even have a KB/mouse anymore

Any PS3 people want to add me as a friend my PSN ID is Vesuvius72. I won't be able to play until 9PM EST.

Fantasmo

It's fun and a total blast from the past but I don't see this having legs on console. Would be cool though.

Plays the same which is great but the only problem I can see arising is switching games. This game was definitely geared for PC with all the buttons, although it plays just fine on PS3, but the button layout is way weird with most games copying CoD or Gears. There's no aim button which isn't really a complaint but it's jarring since I haven't playing a game like this in forever. Duck and walk are switchable to toggle or hold independently thankfully. So I can hold a button to walk and just toggle to crouch if I want. Can't really figure out a really comfortable control scheme though.

Mixing mouse/kb with PS3 kinda has me worried. I hate playing that way in my old age but I imagine losing quickly to m/kb players.

Not sure how much I'll play this with Uncharted 3 being so new to me also, but you can add me if you want, I imagine I'll play a decent amount at least on weekends.
PSN: str8upawesome

Willectro

Banned
This is probably the first game I will double dip (360 and PC eventually) on in years. I'm going to be building a new PC soon and this will be the first game I play.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm downloading now on the PS3. I'm going to charge my mic, make some dinner and then hop on and see what's up.

Junkster, I'll hit you up if I see you on.

Wait people are playing this on consoles? This isn't a console game.

I mean the whole pace and everything isn't designed around pad controls.

Im playing it on my PS3 so it kinda looks like it is. I'm having a blast switching between kb/m and Dualshock 3. Anyone try the move controls yet? I dont want to set it up right now since its a pain.

JHall

Is the console version of Counter Strike: Go better or worse than Counter Strike for Original Xbox.

Counter%20Strike%20(xbox).jpg

Reading through this thread, nobody seems to remember this fantastic game.

The Halo 2 of 2003.

One of the best online Xbox games I've ever played. That and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow are in my top three most favorite online console games. Right behind Halo 2.

Omikaru

Thinking I may grab this on PS3 to play with some friends. I also got a PS Move Starter Kit bundled with my replacement system (old PS3 YLOD'd :( ), and I'm curious to see how it works. Plus I have a console pal who I want to play some CS with, and he doesn't have a good enough PC. We've never played together before, despite loving 1.6 back in the day, so this'll be cool. Curious as to how the PS3 version performs, though. Portal 2 was apparently pretty good on PS3, so I'm hopeful, but you never know in this gen. Going to hold off until some GAF guinea pigs report back! :p

But I am a PC guy forever, so if I get hooked I'll no doubt migrate back to PC once this inevitably goes on sale over Christmas. Excited to get back into this after 8 years or so!

TGMIII

Wait people are playing this on consoles? This isn't a console game.

I mean the whole pace and everything isn't designed around pad controls.

As far as I remember CS:GO started off as a port of CS: Source to consoles and the buy menu is clearly designed for pads.

Just curious, do the consoles have Steam implementation? Do either have cross-platform multiplayer?

If I do pick this up, it'll be on PC. But I was just wondering if their keeping up the good stuff they started with Portal 2.

Didn't expect to buy the PS3 version, but I just can't wait another day for Xbox.
Already got my points to buy it on Xbox, and that's where I'll play it most...but the PS3 is fun with the native kbam support.

Played a few rounds of the PS3 version with just the controller.
I feel hardly any acceleration. Nothing like L4D.
The turn speed isn't very fast when maxed out, but it's definitely smooth.
180 button will come in handy for joystick users.

Guns are satisfying to shoot, and challenging to control.
This game has still got it; can see having a lot of fun with friends with this.

PS3 version is pretty smooth most of the time, noticed some framerate drops & screen tearing though.

dLMN8R

Did Counter-Strike on Xbox have everything that 1.6 had at the time? I'm thinking this is the first time a console got a full-fledged Counter-Strike game with a ton of content, which is cool.

alf717

I'm having fun with CS:GO. Once I find some regular servers I'll be set. Is it true that Hidden Path is no longer on the project and Valve is taking over? This has me worried.

Xero

Also as people have said before on here, if you're a noob on pc, now is the best time to try it, but this isn't a game you can expect to do good right off the bat. If you don't have thick skin for getting beaten in online games before you learn, might be best to skip this. That said my advice to get better, is to find a server with people significantly better then you. You slowly pickup on how they do things, and start to mimic them and adapt to survive. Its amazing going from a server with skilled players to a server with not so skilled players to see just how much you've improved, even if you only do decent on the skilled server, you will find yourself destroying on a server of lesser skill. Sometimes that was fun for an ego boost. lol. I've done some scrims, but nothing really competitive on cs. I rarely even check what my score is when I play. Its just fun and relaxing to me.

Fantasmo

Okay not too bad. Seems less clans anyway. And 1 life and no perks or killstreaks is SWEET. Perfect pick up and play at least so far. 10 round default is fun.

Controls just fine, very CS.

Hey what does alt fire do btw, damn been so long.

Did it always have a minimap?

Fantasmo

Nothing has changed since Source, it's just random running around and spraying.

It's fun if you haven't played in 10 years or more and you want something less rage inducing or "busy".

Only been playing an hour or so though, and it just came out so anything can change, but as old as it is, I'd say its refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom