• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played for about 30 min tonight

Weapons tutorial is classic valve and hilarious

Gameplay is CS magic. It's just a shame the aiming is still shitty Valve console aiming. I mean, it literally feels just
Iike orange box, left 4 dead, and portal

Might give Move a try as I don't even have a KB/mouse anymore

Torraz

This is a bit odd. I have two Counter Strike: Global Offensives in my steam list. One is white (installed) the other grey. I am pretty sure the BETA tag was removed from my the beta vresion and it turned into the full version of the game? But why is there another global offensive entry in the list?

Gameplay is CS magic. It's just a shame the aiming is still shitty Valve console aiming. I mean, it literally feels just

That's slightly disappointing to hear.

I actually can't remember how Left 4 Dead aimed, but does it feel sluggish? Have you played with the sensitivity?

smr00

Banned
Played a bit, seems alright, maybe a bit more like CS than CSS this time, although I haven't played either in years so I could be wrong. Really ugly though, at least Dust 2 is... I like playing without respawns, such a shame most games steer away from that.
Pretty sure every major competitive FPS to release in the last 5-6 years has some sort of "squad" mode. I know the COD games do.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I always thought L4D had pretty good aiming mechanics for a console game, so I don't see this as a bad thing.

(._.)

Banned
Decided to get his. We have a GAF group?

As someone who has never played Counter-Strike before-is this game "noob friendly"?

(veteran COD and BF player here)

CS isn't all that hard to learn the basics for. this game is also new so there will be a lot of first timers also. you wont be alone.

That's slightly disappointing to hear.

I actually can't remember how Left 4 Dead aimed, but does it feel sluggish? Have you played with the sensitivity?

It's the same as other valve titles, Way to floaty coupled with this awkward movement that is similar to accelerating with a car. Never was a fan of it but it's tolerable.

Don't know what everyone is talking about, I haven't played CS in about 8 years, and even then I was shit, but I'm doing quite well in CS:GO, albeit I'm currently playing casual. Just sticking to casual is what I'm doing, it's a lot of fun with 10v10 and the auto-kevlar and rifles from the second round onwards really evens the playing field. I'll eventually graduate, but for now casual is great.

99%

Wait people are playing this on consoles? This isn't a console game.

I mean the whole pace and everything isn't designed around pad controls.

:|

Then why was it released for consoles? Unless you're saying that the developers have produced something that I can't have fun with?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
What the fuck were they thinking with the 360 achievements?

Pretty sure this is a no-buy for me now.

While it would be prove a far slower version of the game, it would nonetheless be tremendous fun.

Kud Dukan

I'm sure the console version is fun to play, but yeah I couldn't imagine playing it on a console. Unless I didn't have access to a PC, of course.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

That's one good thing about the PS3 PS+ trial, I can see how it plays before deciding to get it on PC or Console. Of course the PC version would feel more like classic CS, but the console version could have its own feel.

99%

Do the console versions pit you against PC players? If not it's ok I guess :)

Never played CS on the OG Xbox I'm assuming?

No, but I did play Rainbow Six multi on it, which while cool felt very static due to pad controls. Still played the shit out of it.

soultron

Banned
I'm sure the console version is fun to play, but yeah I couldn't imagine playing it on a console. Unless I didn't have access to a PC, of course.

CS on OG Xbox was fun to play. I'm sure this will be fun for console players as well. It'll be a completely different pace, just like BF3 is on consoles compared to PC.

Playing this on PC and it's magic. I've only dabbled with 1.6, Condition Zero, and Source in my lifetime, and this is definitely leaning more towards 1.6-era greatness.

I'm so fucking sick of level unlocks and RPG progression in FPS games. It's hilarious saying that an old concept like CS's buying system is a breath of fresh air, given that it's not new at all -- just scarce these days.

solidus51

Banned
im norwegian, take it easy on me :p *actually

how is that fair against players with the stick?
They have the same option to use keyboard and mouse if they can't then that's there fault. That was the main reason ps3 had the cross play feature.

smr00

Banned

Obviously it is a console game since it's on console.

And a lot of people are playing with M/KB. I am having a blast playing it on console.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Have Valve mentioned anything about updating/patching the console versions? I presume they intend to, albeit at a slower rate?

I wouldn't bet on any postrelease support for the console versions.

Just take a look at Valve's track record on consoles. CS on Xbox was completely abandoned, TF2 on 360 was left a wasteland, etc. etc.

Mileena

Banned

That's funny because when I played the PC beta the first thing I thought was "this is an even scrubbier, shittier, consolized version of Source"

antitrop

That's funny because when I played the PC beta the first thing I thought was "this is an even scrubbier, shittier, consolized version of Source"
I've been playing CS on and off since 2000 and I couldn't disagree more.
I'm enjoying the hell out of GO and I will never go back to 1.6, it's time is passed.

The hit boxes of CS: GO are considerably smaller than Source, requiring better accuracy and skill. How is this game in any way, shape, or form a "consolized version of Source".

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Have Valve mentioned anything about updating/patching the console versions? I presume they intend to, albeit at a slower rate?

Unless Micrsoft has changed their policy about charging for patches then no, the console release (at least Xbox, PS3 might be a different story) won't be getting updated.

Is the console version of Counter Strike: Go better or worse than Counter Strike for Original Xbox.

Counter%20Strike%20(xbox).jpg

Reading through this thread, nobody seems to remember this fantastic game.

The Halo 2 of 2003.

Arnie

I played CS on PC at the time, so I never tried it, what was it like?

And I'm coincidentally buying GO on 360 tomorrow.

PS3 has M/Kb support?! That sucks, I won't be able to compete!

Relax, they implemented a matchmaking system that takes into account whether you are using the controller, Move or Mouse & Keyboard and matches you to players with the same setup.

Hey, I think this is wrong. I think Valve has stated over and over again that the matchmaking will take into consideration how good the players are with there chosen device. They aren't going to segregate players like that. It's based soley on skill level.

Xero

The SG-552 is so underused, always has been.

I buy it over an AK-47 every time, if I have the money. I changed the autobuy.txt file to make it a higher priority.

Its my favorite gun. I've been playing counter-strike since about 2000 off and on. I generally stay away from default map servers, as playing dust 2 for the 500th time gets really annoying. Its nice to have so many new maps to play through.

This is the counter-strike community I play on and am a part of http://ahpkicksass.com/news.php I haven't played GO yet, but they have a server up. A lot of the regulars and mods are generally older (in their 30's) and they are usually quick to ban people for racial slurs if an admin is on. They are strict but fair. Don't really get annoying little kids on their server either. Though I'm sure with all the go players that will change. We are generally based in the northwest washington area, so thats what you are looking at ping wise, though we do have a member from australia. I'm looking forward to trying go out in the next few days.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Man as usual this is so much damn fun. Will once again be my go to fps. Played 1.6 and CS:S for years though I was never a competitive player nor I am very good lol. Of course with that said it is hilarious watching noobs spray for days without any regard for recoil while I just calmly fire, and pop them in seconds lol.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Installing now on PS3. Can't wait. I used to play CS 1.6 all the time in high school. I remember even falling asleep at the keyboard and waking up with it imprinted on my face. Good times.

CoolS

Hey, I think this is wrong. I think Valve has stated over and over again that the matchmaking will take into consideration how good the players are with there chosen device. They aren't going to segregate players like that. It's based soley on skill level.

We had a video interview somewhere at the beginning of the thread that said that. O well, will look into it tomorrow if somebody doesn't clear it up untill then.

Is the console version of Counter Strike: Go better or worse than Counter Strike for Original Xbox.

Counter%20Strike%20(xbox).jpg

Reading through this thread, nobody seems to remember this fantastic game.

The Halo 2 of 2003.

I do and I did bring it up, I loved the game back in the xbox days.

The bank map was beyond broken with all those choke points, but still entertaining.

Above post is correct, except for that part about cs_miami, so much fun cheesing ppl in the vents/hallway!

Yes, that's also the reason why there is no more cross plattform play.

Any word on zombie mod coming to XBLA? Always loved it on PC, and would give me a reason to stop playing MW3(infected is the only mode I play).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom