• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayMay

Banned
I think the average a week is 2-8 items. And once you used up yours, it resets Wednesdays at some point.

Edit: Actually, I just read that the CSGO reset times are random for each player and not related to TF2s. Whatever, they reset at some point lol

Divius

I'm so bad at being a terrorist.

Start as CT > end of half kd = 16 - 10 (top of board, having a blast and doing pretty okay)
After that T > end of game kd = 19 - 23 (4th in my team, depressed as fuck and hating life)

Every single round.

Maybe I should just p90 my way through being a terrorist.

Got to Double AK after my last match, easiest rank up ever. We were getting stomped at first (12-3 at halftime), but one of the other team's players ended up leaving after the half and we came back.

soultron

Banned
Round starts
To BOT: "Hold position!"
BOT: "Go go go!"
fuck

Had this happen on Nuke today during a comp match. Is there a secret in getting these damned things to listen?

CoolS

Round starts
fuck

Had this happen on Nuke today during a comp match. Is there a secret in getting these damned things to listen?
Nope, it seems to be totally random. Which also why, no matter how much an idiot your teammate might be, in most cases its better not to votekick him since he'll be comparatively more effective than an bot.

deleted

I have the weirdest bug (?!) atm:

Every other match, my keyboard stops working. It just begins lagging 5 seconds behind. The mouse still works and the keyboard also works in windows just fine, but as soon as I spawn, I can't do shit. Alt-Tab is the only thing that still works without delay.

Anybody has a similar problem? Or a workaround?

Edit: Ok it gets weirder: When I play in wireless mode it works, with cable it won't

Sajjaja

I have the weirdest bug (?!) atm:

Every other match, my keyboard stops working. It just begins lagging 5 seconds behind. The mouse still works and the keyboard also works in windows just fine, but as soon as I spawn, I can't do shit. Alt-Tab is the only thing that still works without delay.

Anybody has a similar problem? Or a workaround?

Edit: Ok it gets weirder: When I play in wireless mode it works, with cable it won't

CSGO has been buggy as shit with the new operation. The other day, my numbers just stopped working so I couldn't select specific weapons, but if I typed them in chat, they worked just fine. I had to scroll through the weapons and my mouse wheel is overly sensitive so I have to fight that too.

cresto

Seems like people are having a lot of performance issues, myself included. Hope they figure it out soon... I only get around 50 fps and now it's 30-40 fps average

chessnut

CSGO has been buggy as shit with the new operation. The other day, my numbers just stopped working so I couldn't select specific weapons, but if I typed them in chat, they worked just fine. I had to scroll through the weapons and my mouse wheel is overly sensitive so I have to fight that too.

that kind of stuff happens to me when I alt-tab alot

Can't handle anything below 100. Haven't noticed anything wrong with my FPS though.

The new maps are the worst, especially Mist. I get around 90 fps on Mist but it feels like a LOT less because it stutters a lot and there's an ungodly amount of input lag. Thank god they are all terrible, I'm not missing out by sticking to the duty maps.

impact

Banned
Yea, I used to get 300fps constant but ever since the Operation Terrible Maps patch I get 220-300. Was hoping Valve would fix it but nope.

My baby just hit 1k.

=,,)

F6EA44AAFBB415CAAFCAA0FDF0B91260EFC6D8FE

I would very much like to finish my placement matches(currently at 5 wins) but for the past 6 weeks I have had on and off internet issues with disconnections. Everytime they fix it it breaks again before the weekend which is the only time I can play. Sigh.

MayMay

Banned
I'm still on my quest to get out of Silver, I don't really have time to play alot this week but I hope I can break out of it at the weekend.

Boy castle sucks.
So are mission drops just as random as crates? I've only gotten two out of like 10 games played.

Yeah. And there's a serious lack of drops too. I don't have any active ones atm, but I just can't get new ones to drop :L

Silver is suffering.

..yup..

Unlike 1.6 the m4 in here has two varients. The unsilenced 30 bullet one and the silenced 20 bullet one. I hate that there is two, but the silenced feels pretty unrewarding on how easy it is to shoot and 20 bullets gets me killed in a 1v4 situation.

My question is, is it worth switching from silenced to unsilenced. What I'm thinking is, when I get higher rank, the opposing team would communicate more, so silenced would matter less.

Silence did saved my ass taking the bomb site back a lot when I was the only guy left, but I doubt it was because of that because I did it with Ak as well.

I wish the unsilenced cost less because other than having 10 bullet more, the silenced m4 blows it out of the water.

The extra ammo is a significant difference and why I just can't use the M4A1-S, the trade-off is just not worth it to me. Between feeling I need to reload too often and just finding myself in situations where I'm completely running out, I need the full amount.

There were tons of times where 3 enemies run into me and I could only take 2 out. I don't have the strict ammunition conservation to know exactly when my enemies will die and switch over to the next target, so I end up wasting bullets. That's with aiming for headshots.

cresto

I seem to constantly get matched up against 4 or 5 man teams of guys who play together all the time. The people I end up with on my team are lone wolf types who aren't very good and don't communicate at all or don't work as a team resulting in getting my face pushed in. Last night, I had some ass hole who wouldn't listen and kept pushing banana on Inferno leaving me alone to fend off the entire T team because he would typically die without taking anyone down. Then, they all starting bickering on T side about where they were and calling each other names. Next thing I know, they start TKing and trying to kick one another. We easier had the victory in our midst, but by TKing and then kicking our 5th guy, we ended up with a tie.

Please someone save me from this misery and party up? I am still at a Distinguished Master Guardian, but I am probably not at that level anymore. Still can hang as long as I am not getting constantly shot in the face.

Giggzy

I seem to constantly get matched up against 4 or 5 man teams of guys who play together all the time. The people I end up with on my team are lone wolf types who aren't very good and don't communicate at all or don't work as a team resulting in getting my face pushed in. Last night, I had some ass hole who wouldn't listen and kept pushing banana on Inferno leaving me alone to fend off the entire T team because he would typically die without taking anyone down. Then, they all starting bickering on T side about where they were and calling each other names. Next thing I know, they start TKing and trying to kick one another. We easier had the victory in our midst, but by TKing and then kicking our 5th guy, we ended up with a tie.

Please someone save me from this misery and party up? I am still at a Distinguished Master Guardian, but I am probably not at that level anymore. Still can hang as long as I am not getting constantly shot in the face.

I'll team up if you'd like, I'm only Master Guardian II though.

Getting my new mouse and mousepad today :D I've been using a shitty mouse with horrible tracking, with an extremely old and worn down QcK heavy. I'll be receiving a steelseries Kana v2 and QcK+ today. That should help me out a lot, considering that when I do a fast movement now my mouse goes bonkers

cresto

Getting my new mouse and mousepad today :D I've been using a shitty mouse with horrible tracking, with an extremely old and worn down QcK heavy. I'll be receiving a steelseries Kana v2 and QcK+ today. That should help me out a lot, considering that when I do a fast movement now my mouse goes bonkers

Nice. I have the huge QcK+ mouse pad and love it. Can't manage with anything smaller. Go ahead and shoot me a friend req. I am looking for all types of NA players to team up with.

Anybody else just feel free to add me as well: steamcommunity.com/id/mcresto

A quality mouse and mousepad makes a huge difference!

Nice. I have the huge QcK+ mouse pad and love it. Can't manage with anything smaller. Go ahead and shoot me a friend req. I am looking for all types of NA players to team up with.

Anybody else just feel free to add me as well: steamcommunity.com/id/mcresto

Added.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/phantomspiker/

I'm an NA player, MGE.

Clydefrog

I seem to be plateauing with my double-AK rank nowadays. I was a badge once but I don't know how to get it back! Whenever our team plays against a team with at least 2 badges, it's almost always a loss.

I don't understand how people make some of the shots they do.

Round starts
fuck

Try "Follow Me" instead...

ironmang

Round starts
fuck

Dust2 T side is the absolute worst. The bot will always go suicide even if all 4 members are spamming hold position, stick together, follow me, etc. Only benefit is the opposing team will be so focused on the free kill that they'll be easier to pick.

been playing this again in the last week or so, man, it's so fun when people are on the mic. is there a gaf group for this?

I played a lot back in the 1.5 days and then strangely enough I played a LOT more of the original XBox version when xbox live was new. IDK why i played so much of that version. Didn't have a PC at the time.

CS_Italy is one of my favorite maps but it doesn't seem to be played anymore.

been playing this again in the last week or so, man, it's so fun when people are on the mic. is there a gaf group for this?

I played a lot back in the 1.5 days and then strangely enough I played a LOT more of the original XBox version when xbox live was new. IDK why i played so much of that version. Didn't have a PC at the time.

Yes.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
To all of you saying all of the maps in this operation are terrible: you obvously haven't played Overgrown. It's by far the best map in the Operation, and the best one to play in comp MM. Psy did a knockout job on the look of the map, and the layout follows the classic CS bomb map layout while maintaining unique gameplay.

I love Italy! That map is a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom