• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayMay

Banned
If you abandon a match then competitive will be unavailable for a period of time. The first abandon has a 30-minute cool down, the second is 2 hours, then 24 hours, and one week. If you haven’t abandoned for a week you would cool down by one level (for example, from 24 hours back to 2 hours). I don't know if TKs are handled differently than kicks, but I don't think Valve have specified how many kicks you can have before the system slaps you with a cooldown. I think after too many kicks you get a week unlike abandons where the penalty increases with frequency.

I think TKs are handled the same way that abandons are handled. I never got a cooldown for teamkilling - but I was on a 2h one for abandoning the day before. So I guess that explains why I got a 24h one. I'm now a "third level offender" in Valve speak. (1. 30 min, 2. 2hr, 3. 24hr 4. 7days)

I've never gotten a competitive cooldown before, most of the people I play with are cool though.

I thought weekly drops reset by now.

You said there would be missions CS:GO.

Where are the missions.

There is a chance that a mission will drop at the end of a match if you buy the Operation Breakout pass.

CoolS

People are salty as fuck about the new map pool for the next major, I love it!

While I love that they want to change things up a bit, after reading a few comments from different pros, I have to agree that announcing it a month before the tournament is kind of a shitty move. If you force these maps on people who are playing this game for their living, at least give them enough time to practice the maps that have NEVER been played on professional level sof ar.

While I love that they want to change things up a bit, after reading a few comments from different pros, I have to agree that announcing it a month before the tournament is kind of a shitty move. If you force these maps on people who are playing this game for their living, at least give them enough time to practice the maps that have NEVER been played on professional level sof ar.

I'll agree that this isn't an ideal time frame for it, but if they truly are professionals then they should be able to adapt.

MayMay

Banned
The cool down is too insane at times. I think it should be at least 2 hours tops.

Yup. Since I'm currently on a 24h ban...... Next time my Internet stops working for a couple of minutes (it's rather unstable atm for some reason) - they'll punish me with 7 days if I can't rejoin fast enough. ;_;

Scary thought.

Divius

I got the '.pak file missing' error twice during comp, it takes me one minute longer to fix it than the time I get to reconnect, really sucks.

I had a 24 hour ban two weeks ago, same problem as you. I had to leave to go somewhere. The day before one of my friends jumped in front of my AK full auto shot then I got instantly banned for 2 hours.

MayMay

Banned
That .pak file error... is horrible and every time it happens it's a guaranteed abandon for me because I can't fix it fast enough as well. :L

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
They're going to have to up the mission drop rate or it's going to be super hard to get gold by the end of the operation :/

It's frustrating.

On one hand, I've gotten three Breakout cases, which have more than made up for the cost of the pass. On the other hand, I've gotten (and completed) four missions so far, but I want more. This is a lot of fun, but the drop rate feels so low on them.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
With this last update my framerate is crawling :(
Can someone recommend a cheap vga that runs this at least 60fps at 1080p?

MayMay

Banned
Silver 4 here. Unable to rank up because literally every match I play has at least 1 "I never played this game before, be nice to me" guy in my team. Like.. If you never played before don't play competitive. Or the usual "votekick me" guy. :L Or teamkillers, like yesterday. Justice has been served, but that sadly gave me a 24hr ban lol.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Silver 4 here. Unable to rank up because literally every match I play has at least 1 "I never played this game before, be nice to me" guy in my team. Like.. If you never played before don't play competitive. Or the usual "votekick me" guy. :L Or teamkillers, like yesterday. Justice has been served, but that sadly gave me a 24hr ban lol.

People who are learning the game, I can deal with, especially if their attitude is good. Hell, I'm still learning the game. It's easier to deal with a loss if, at the very least, your team wasn't comprised of dicks.

The way I deal with annoying people is to mute them. It's distracting and unproductive to keep arguing with people who are determined to tell me how wrong and dumb I am, so I figure why feed them any further? It really sucks having this happen in competitive mode, but honestly, what do I gain from someone telling me how much I suck because of an AWP shot I missed? I know I missed it, thanks.

With the attitudes I see in comp, it seems it's easier to construct criticism than to give constructive criticism.

cHinzo

The way I deal with annoying people is to mute them. It's distracting and unproductive to keep arguing with people who are determined to tell me how wrong and dumb I am, so I figure why feed them any further? It really sucks having this happen in competitive mode, but honestly, what do I gain from someone telling me how much I suck because of an AWP shot I missed? I know I missed it, thanks.

Yup, I'm doing the same. The moment someone begins to whine that person is muted. If nothing useful comes out of ur mouth, then just don't use the mic. Listening to a whiny person doesn't make u win anyway, like in my last game where we won the first pistol round and lost an anti-eco and someone instanly began to say: "gg, noobs, u guys suck losing anti-eco."

MayMay

Banned
People who are learning the game, I can deal with, especially if their attitude is good. Hell, I'm still learning the game. It's easier to deal with a loss if, at the very least, your team wasn't comprised of dicks.

People who are learning the game, fine - I'm still learning. Even after 100 hours. But if we lose a round because the CT doesnt know what button to press to defuse AND then does not even apologize and makes the same mistake next round - yeah. At least learn the basics before jumping into competitive lol.
I have voice chat disabled by default rn, I'll reenable it once I get out of Silver. But right now it's just not worth it. It's less annoying to just have those mean idiots on text chat. And there are alot of those unfriendly people, sadly.
But if my team is friendly, I don't mind losing. Especially not if we're having fun and a good atmosphere in our chat. That's what it's all about lol

SCR

Neo Member
New update

[CSGO]
- Introduced the new eSports 2014 Summer Case.

[OPERATION BREAKOUT]
- Added quick link to Operation Journal on player profile.
- Added several new missions to the mission drop list.
- If you have two missions that you haven’t been able to complete for some time and you are eligible for next mission drop, you are now allowed to delete one of your current missions.
- Journal will auto-close when a competitive match is found.
- When exiting a lobby, the mission panel now enables properly.
- Fixed an overlapping mission panel in Play With Friends lobby.

[GAMEPLAY]
- Adjusted penetration system to have bullets lose less damage for travelling through mass and more for the initial impact.
- Increased penetration bonus slightly for penetrating objects that start and end with plastic and cardboard surfaces.
- Penetration Power for AWP, G3SG1 and SCAR-20 has been lowered slightly because their damage naturally gives them higher penetration.
- Fixed bad penetration results with surfaces that started bsp and ended displacements or vice versa.
- Fixed bad penetration results when penetration exit surface was a nodraw surface.
- Penetrating a glass surface no longer erroneously consumes more damage on impact than other more solid surfaces.
- sv_showimpacts_penetration now shows how far a bullet penetrated before it terminated and stopped travelling.
- sv_showimpacts_penetration now shows when the bullets stops.

[SDK]
- Added key “Only Spawn-Valid Destinations” to trigger_teleport that allows mapper to ignore teleport targets that are not valid player spawn positions ( blocked by geometry or other players ).
- Added new demoinfogo.exe command line tool. Run this on a demo file and it will dump out demo packet info to the console. The source code is available in demoinfogo.zip.

[MISC]
- Added context menu for all items that tells you how many items you need to fulfill a trade-up contract (entry links to the marketplace, pre-filtered for items that can fulfill the contract).
- Fixed overview images not loading for custom maps with the dds embedded in the bsp.
- Added a default image to the loading screen.
- Additional work on memory savings for servers. Memory consumption should now be 50% or less of what it was two weeks ago.
- Additional work on memory savings for clients. Memory consumption should be about 165 MB less than it was two weeks ago, which should improve stability on 32-bit Windows.
- Fixed async rcon socket connections from OSX clients to be fully compliant with standard (thanks protonic86).
- Fixed a bug that could cause packet loss on Windows servers.
- Suiciding players or players who died naturally (like world damage) can no longer “save” another player.
- “You saved X” won’t show if the player on your team who you saved is an enemy (like if mp_teammates_are_enemies is on, for example).

[MAPS]

MIRAGE
- Updated look of inner middle window wall materials.
- Updated the Catwalk to Kitchen window bang to better visually designate what is bangable and what isn’t.
- Replaced the vent cover in window room with one that allows more visibility through it.
- Connecter to A wall now has a blown out, wood covered wall on the left to visually designate a bangable spot to allow more options for taking/retaking A.

DUST
- Replaced all game-play affecting double doors with the new metal ones.

DUST2
- Replaced all game-play affecting double doors with the new metal ones.
- Fixed some bad geometry in various places that allowed bullet penetration when it shouldn’t.

INFERNO
- Replaced non-wallbangable coil at B with bangable variant.
- Thinned half-wall at B to allow banging down from site.

OVERGROWN
- Fixed various exploits that allowed you to reach unintended areas.
- The windows along the top of B are now breakable on T side, the same as they are on CT side.
- The roof windows at Inside are now breakable.

INSERTION
- Fixed players getting stuck on each other after a teleport in competitive.
- Added cover and some foliage to east side of hostage rescue.
- Added buyzones at teleport destinations.
- Removed collision from villa windows when glass is broken so grenades can be thrown through them.
- Minor lighting and visual work.

CASTLE
- Moved T spawn further away from bomb sites to increase the time it takes to reach them.
- Moved CT spawn closer to A.
- Added a big column to A spiral stairs, removed well.
- Increased brightness.
- Added another light outside of hut.
- Decreased reflections on windows.
- Other minor improvements.

Atomski

I just started playing this yesterday and man its fun.. but I do suck. I havent team killed anyone yet but I have shot a few team mates by mistake. No ones yelled at me yet though for being a newb.

CoolS

Aw great, of course there's a new case the weekend I can't play :(

I dont mind the new doors, I was expecting worse and at least now the ridiculous wallbanging stops

Hahaha, nice.

I mostly always get the guys that are not teamplayers. They almost always avoid going to the bomb site where the terrorist are defending the bomb because they were scared of dying. Perhaps scared of their K/D dropping. Funny thing is that it's terrible anyways.

With the attitudes I see in comp, it seems it's easier to construct criticism than to give constructive criticism.
One of my first matches in MM was a devastating loss in cache, I didn't know what to get on rounds, I was playing extremely cautiously and doing a lot of dumb things, teammates were aggressive, it was a bad scene and I've actually never queued for cache since. Now that I've ranked up and gotten some experience I've made it a point to be the positive reinforcement guy on whatever team I land on, because I know how important it is for a match regardless of if you win or lose. I was once told by a random guy on my team that I was the guy he wanted to talk to after a breakup so I guess it must be working haha.

Glad they're making changes to the mission system. Would suck being permanently stuck with maps that require comp wins that no one is playing.

Contents of the new case are pretty decent overall as well.

Metal double-doors on Dust/2? Why'd they do that?
With the new penetration system AWP shots through doors were killing people outright, so this seems like an answer to preventing that.

CoolS

Just read up n the new doors and apparently the AK does 8 dmg through them.. Yes it was too spammable but 8 dmg ia nothing :(

MayMay

Banned
I want one of those new cases.. Pretty much every skin in the 2014 eSports Summer Case is something that I'd like to own - except maybe the Mac-10 one. But I guess Ill sell the first crate if I happen to get one - since they're still pretty high in price.

Also, the first few hundreds of them went for more than 10$? Damn.

My ban ran out - finally..

ironmang

Finally leveled up to Eagle after getting matched with higher ranks and winning 4-5 in a row. I'm like 185 wins in so it took awhile. Was stuck on Badge for like 3 months.

MayMay

Banned
I saw multiple friends getting the new case today, and I don't get shit. Unfair world. ._. Kinda want a few of the items in it. The Deagle for example, sexy.

MayMay

Banned
Alright. Almost Midnight. I am determined to rank up to Silver Elite in the next 6 hours. It has to happen. I need to get out of fcking Silver - and then ranking up should be a bit easier.

Alright. Almost Midnight. I am determined to rank up to Silver Elite in the next 6 hours. It has to happen. I need to get out of fcking Silver - and then ranking up should be a bit easier.

You have my rifle. Friend request sent. My lobby doesn't get on for a couple hours so I'm open to helping folk out of silver.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I would absolutely recommend sticking together with a more regular crew, even if time zones can make that difficult to maintain a constant GAF team. I found my time in CS got way better when I rolled with at least 3 friends leaving only one space for a pubbie, full team whenever possible. It's great to always have familiar faces by your side but also knowing each others' strengths and weaknesses and being able to play with those in mind. Hell, phoenix296 has kept the Steam thread rolling with a crew for Casual and I think it's worked out pretty well for them in just being able to enjoy the game more.

Just don't be too discouraged when you get stuck at a rank for a while. I'm still hovering around Nova 3/Nova Master and have been unable to break into Single AK. I've downranked back to Nova 1/2 on some bad weeks. It happens unfortunately. My play isn't as good as it used to be so part of that is absolutely on myself. My team and I have taken a bit of a break since the Summer Sale but we're hoping to finally push over the line with some more training and nade tactics.

Hope the best for you guys.

Well, we didn't manage to get our group out of silver and I ended up deranking from MG, but we had fun. I did at least, I hope the rest of the group did too.

MayMay

Banned
Well, we didn't manage to get our group out of silver and I ended up deranking from MG, but we had fun. I did at least, I hope the rest of the group did too.

Yeah, I had alot of fun. Even though that was some of the most inconsistent matchmaking I've ever experienced. But maybe I was just a bit too tired to play lol

Dat feel when derank.....Silver Elite again.....

;__; That sucks. Hope you end up ranking up again fairly quickly.

--

Kinda sad I already used up all my drops for this week, would've loved to get one of the new cases (to actually open it, since I think most of the skins in it are pretty good).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom