• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayMay

Banned
That's weird, I've heard of de/rank ups from ties, but never a derank from a win. That's bizarre, what rank are you if you don't mind me asking?

Ranked from Silver Elite down to Silver 4 again. Ugh. I'm annoyed because I just want to finally get out of stupid Silver. Promising myself better games from that, because as of right now - this is my team 80% of the time. lol.

Oh well, let's hope I'll rank up again in the next 1-2 matches. Should not be too hard.

CoolS

So not only are they making people play on these maps for ESL, theyre also making major changes to them weeks before the event?

It's been said before, but the pros mentioned in the changenotes actually gave comprehensive an well thought out ideas especially on Overpass. While its just weeks before the tournament, I guarantee you most pros will be happy about this since the changes make the map a lot more viable for competetive gameplay. I am actually looking forward to their follow up video.

KiKaL

I've heard the rank-ups / de-ranks can be a bit delayed which is why you can de-rank on a win. I am pretty sure someone said it somewhere in this thread but I don't know if that is 100% true.

Small update
OVERPASS
Fixed the A box not having its clip brush enabled.
Fixed some unfair peek and boost spots around the map.
Added some clip brushes to smooth movement.
Fixed the sign decal on the bank.
Thanks AreUhungry.

GAMEPLAY
Fixed a surround spatialization issue caused by not handling angle wraparound properly at 0/360. ( thanks derpylurker )

MISC
Fixed a networking regression with M4A1-S when fired by a player who is not the owner of original item.
Fixed M4A4 | Howl showing as the wrong quality in GOTV streams.
Fixed decay lerp on non-default crosshairs, crosshairstyle 5 now decays linearly and is now frame-rate independent.
Fixed equipped collectible items not networking correctly for other players.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I've been playing competitive nightly and lately we will have a good group of gaffers going, but some nights we end up running one or two players short. The randoms we keep getting paired with are meh. Had a REALLY annoying kid on one match (we ended up muting him) and then on overpass, despite (us 3) doing really decent, one guy ended up leaving, and the other kind of incompetent. We are generally within the Silver class (I'm silver IV), one is a gold star nova. Always looking for one more, we've been playing 3-4 games a night lately.

Sajjaja

I've been playing competitive nightly and lately we will have a good group of gaffers going, but some nights we end up running one or two players short. The randoms we keep getting paired with are meh. Had a REALLY annoying kid on one match (we ended up muting him) and then on overpass, despite (us 3) doing really decent, one guy ended up leaving, and the other kind of incompetent. We are generally within the Silver class (I'm silver IV), one is a gold star nova. Always looking for one more, we've been playing 3-4 games a night lately.

We should've won that Overpass....WHY WAS HE CHASING THE DUDE WITH A KNIFE....

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
We should've won that Overpass....WHY WAS HE CHASING THE DUDE WITH A KNIFE....

He was ignoring what I told him to do, which was, pick up the p90 in front of him, I think he was just being a dick at that point. even if he pulled his damn pistol out, we would have had a chance.

cresto

NA OR EU?

Im usually on in the evening...Search cresto

Clydefrog

We had a random a few nights ago just like that. Was his name Tina Sprout?

Well that was really disheartening. Haven't played for a while and thought I'd get a couple of games in just before I sleep.

Got called racist derogatory names and got kicked because I have a muslim name. (I have Amjad as my username on Steam too)

They were all danes too, just like me.

It is the internet but it sucks mang... (Especially when it's over voice chat and not over text too, has that extra effect)

Sajjaja

Well that was really disheartening. Haven't played for a while and thought I'd get a couple of games in just before I sleep.

Got called racist derogatory names and got kicked because I have a muslim name. (I have Amjad as my username on Steam too)

They were all danes too, just like me.

It is the internet but it sucks mang... (Especially when it's over voice chat and not over text too, has that extra effect)
Add me. Sajjaja. I'll treat you right. Really sorry to hear that by the way :/

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Some crazy matches with gaffers tonight, especially the last two games. Basically, we steamrolled this team earlier, actually got a rematch (!) because we were so confident we would win (and we thought they were crazy). The the opposing team said "let's just knife the whole game " so naturally we used our pistols, catching them off guard first round. basically it ended in a tie, something we never anticipated. They were PISSED about the pistol round (lol).

Some crazy matches with gaffers tonight, especially the last two games. Basically, we steamrolled this team earlier, actually got a rematch (!) because we were so confident we would win (and we thought they were crazy). The the opposing team said "let's just knife the whole game " so naturally we used our pistols, catching them off guard first round. basically it ended in a tie, something we never anticipated. They were PISSED about the pistol round (lol).
Those matches are some of my favorite CS moments now. The shit talking and how flipping tense that last match was were just awesome.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Draws really are a waste of time. I need three more wins for placement and I get lumped with 3 idiots and a 0 - 20 bot. I went 50 - 18 and it still wasn't enough. The bot on our team just bought shotguns and didn't even fire most of the time, why can't they make them at least semi decent? It's not fun being 4v5 the entire match.

Divius

Draws rarely feel like a fair outcome, either they feel like a victory when you come back from say 8-15 or they feel like a loss when the opposite team does so.

Every once in a while I will have games that are just ridiculously balanced and a draw seems fair to both sides.

Draws really are a waste of time. I need three more wins for placement and I get lumped with 3 idiots and a 0 - 20 bot. I went 50 - 18 and it still wasn't enough. The bot on our team just bought shotguns and didn't even fire most of the time, why can't they make them at least semi decent? It's not fun being 4v5 the entire match.

The voice command "Hold this position (Z -> 4 I believe) will most of the time get the bot to camp spawn. When a person dies, they can spectate the bot and press E to take control of it. Sometimes, the bot will reject the command, but usually it will listen. Just remember to give the command after the buy time has ended, or it won't count. And don't bother spamming it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The voice command "Hold this position (Z -> 4 I believe) will most of the time get the bot to camp spawn. When a person dies, they can spectate the bot and press E to take control of it. Sometimes, the bot will reject the command, but usually it will listen. Just remember to give the command after the buy time has ended, or it won't count. And don't bother spamming it.

I had no idea you could take control of the bot.

mhayze

So I haven't been playing for many months now (maybe a year), but I resumed recently. My score had actually 'reset' - it made me play (and win) a few matches before it showed my ranking, and pretty much one match after it showed my old ranking, I ranked up to Nova Gold I.

I thought I was doing quite badly (like 3 losses in a row, then 1 win), and that I was doing a lot better before the break last year (maybe I'm just imaging it). Yet I ranked up after the narrowest of wins. *shrug*

After resuming the game, it seems like the majority of players with mics on CS:GO are just one bad kill away from turning into total a*holes - again, maybe I'm misremembering it, but early days of ranked matches you ran into a lot of friendly players in competitive.

I'm still trying to figure out how you join the NeoGAF community on steam, or is there one specially for GAF CS:GO players?

MayMay

Banned
There's an invite-only GAF Streamgroup that someone can invite you to (anyone in the group) - and I think there's a CSGO Gaf group too. Not sure if it's invite only or not though.

soultron

Banned
Eh, depends what mode you're playing, honestly. I run into way more assholes (report, report, report!) in Casual than I do in Competitive. Most people on Comp are pretty nice.

mhayze

It's an open group.
CSGAF
Excellent, thanks - I just joined.

Eh, depends what mode you're playing, honestly. I run into way more assholes (report, report, report!) in Casual than I do in Competitive. Most people on Comp are pretty nice.
I guess I must have just been fulfilling the "run into a random a*hole" quota for the month then :) Good point about reporting - I will definitely start doing that.

soultron

Banned
Excellent, thanks - I just joined.

I guess I must have just been fulfilling the "run into a random a*hole" quota for the month then :) Good point about reporting - I will definitely start doing that.

Also, remember to Commend players who are friendly and/or good team players who communicate. :)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Sold my AK and AWP to buy cases/keys to try and get a Vulcan AK and got nothing at all, probably 50p worth of stuff at most. How disappointing :/

I won't even pay for keys. Valve taken the concept of charging for skins and made it a lottery.

I do profit off weapon boxes though, so I can't complain much.

best thing to do is to wait and buy skins after the bubble. Buying keys with straight cash is for suckers.

NOTE: I'm a sucker, a big big big sucker.

Uriah

God dammit I'm still shit with with the AK. And it's all I practice with. Keep hoping the terrorist side will get an alternate weapon like the CTs did.

valeo

Sold my stat trak dragon tattoo glock for $20.

Was the first case I opened in CS:Go, about 6 months ago now.. Has gone up about $5-6 in price since then.

I like how people says "knife only" like I agreed to it and get mad when I light them up. I never agreed to it and the guy only said that because he knew he'll be wiped out.

Since when did "knife only" = everybody has to knife and no contesting it?

soultron

Banned
I like how people says "knife only" like I agreed to it and get mad when I light them up. I never agreed to it and the guy only said that because he knew he'll be wiped out.

Since when did "knife only" = everybody has to knife and no contesting it?

Yep, that's bullshit.

The way I do it is if the person pops up in my face with a knife (around a corner or something), I light them up. They're going to get a free shot on me if I try and switch anyway.

If I spot them at a distance with the knife and they keep it out, I'll take mine out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom