• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolS

I'm Gold Nova 2 and I queue with my buddies most of the time who are SIlver elite or one rank below.

SO yesterday we were playing nuke, starting on T side an got totally destroyed by the CTs because of one guy. it was insane, the half ender 13-2 in their favor, with him goin 30-6 or something. Funny enough we actually managed to hold out for a 16-12.

but the best thing were the ranks at the end. These were the ranks of the other team: Silver 2(!!) Silver four, Gold Nova one, Gold Nova 3, and MG. Really, really nice Matchmaking Valve.

Giggzy

Got promoted to double AK last night :D Do wins count as the main way to gain ranks? I haven't been playing well in my last few matches but still managed to get promoted from having a decent team.

However, I feel like I'm starting to see way more cheaters at these ranks, and they're so blatant about it. They love to troll with shit talking too. It's getting pretty irritating. Maybe it's time to move over to ESEA pugs.

deleted

CSGO has been buggy as shit with the new operation. The other day, my numbers just stopped working so I couldn't select specific weapons, but if I typed them in chat, they worked just fine. I had to scroll through the weapons and my mouse wheel is overly sensitive so I have to fight that too.

They should do a round of bugfixes before the next big thing. It's pretty irritating for a game you play mostly competitive and that has that much success to be riddled with bugs like this.

Got promoted to double AK last night :D Do wins count as the main way to gain ranks? I haven't been playing well in my last few matches but still managed to get promoted from having a decent team.

However, I feel like I'm starting to see way more cheaters at these ranks, and they're so blatant about it. They love to troll with shit talking too. It's getting pretty irritating. Maybe it's time to move over to ESEA pugs.

Winning seems to be the most important factor.

Divius

Had a bug the other day where I could not see my weapons. Just saw a crosshair and heard the noises. It was actually pretty handy :p

Robot Pants

These missions are really stupid and just a way to keep people playing for even longer.
I've had three different cobble missions and I can't stand that map for another minute.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
These missions are really stupid and just a way to keep people playing for even longer.
I've had three different cobble missions and I can't stand that map for another minute.

They really need to improve the mission variety and how they function. It shouldn't be mission like "Win a comp. match on Map" it should just be "Win 10-15 rounds in comp. matches on this Map." That would make it a lot less infuriating.

They really need to improve the mission variety and how they function. It shouldn't be mission like "Win a comp. match on Map" it should just be "Win 10-15 rounds in comp. matches on this Map." That would make it a lot less infuriating.

I got a Win 16 rounds on Nuke once, so those type of missions exist.

Divius

If there are some European folk* that want to play with me, please add me. I'm a 4 star Nova. I'm very inconsistent though, so that rank doesn't mean that much.

steamID in profile

*other areas of the world are also fine, but Europe might be best due to timezones/servers

To all of you saying all of the maps in this operation are terrible: you obvously haven't played Overgrown. It's by far the best map in the Operation, and the best one to play in comp MM. Psy did a knockout job on the look of the map, and the layout follows the classic CS bomb map layout while maintaining unique gameplay.

I love Italy! That map is a blast.

I got that hostage rescue map where the teams pick where their spawn locations will be, with the farmhouse and barn - that was a lot of fun. Some tense moments stalking the helipad waiting for the CT with the hostage to show up. I had a great moment when it was down to 1v1 and a CT had the hostage, I was out watching for him and popped him with a deagle at long range and my team was cheering.

I'm not great at the game but i am having a blast with it.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I got that hostage rescue map where the teams pick where their spawn locations will be, with the farmhouse and barn - that was a lot of fun. Some tense moments stalking the helipad waiting for the CT with the hostage to show up. I had a great moment when it was down to 1v1 and a CT had the hostage, I was out watching for him and popped him with a deagle at long range and my team was cheering.

I'm not great at the game but i am having a blast with it.

Insertion in casual is just fucking awful. Insertion in competitive...it's pretty decent.

Insertion adds some very atmospheric variety to the game, and I like it. It definitely has a learning curve, though.

CoolS

I'm afraid of Insertion. The brief times I played the map I hated it, but now I have a mission to win a competetive match on it and I fear I will loose a couple of times and rank down.

Clydefrog

Finished my "get a knife kill on casual" mission on my first try on cs_italy.

Also got back to badge (DMG) tonight. Ahh, life is swell.

ironmang

This is going to sound mighty conservative but if you play in public MM then you should have a mic and speak English. Frustrating when you have teammates who are tactically worthless. I've had the same $5 mic for several years so there's really no excuse not to have one.

Spiderduff

I started playing a lot more in the last month or so and am looking to play with more people. Im so use to people constantly talking on positions and rotations that I get annoyed when its all quiet or I get picked from a spot that people are supposed to be watching. Hopefully this is the right place to find people to play with. Im not great. Still trying to get back into things, but I do love to play and have fun.

This is going to sound mighty conservative but if you play in public MM then you should have a mic and speak English. Frustrating when you have teammates who are tactically worthless. I've had the same $5 mic for several years so there's really no excuse not to have one.

Yeah, it's really annoying when people don't have mics. I've lost many rounds due to not getting timely callouts on enemy positions.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Mic I agree with. The language part I think is more MM's fault for matching up players all over the world.

cresto

I like it as well, now that I've played it a few times. It looks and plays like a CS map should. The randomness of having to cover 9 points where an enemy could possibly fire on you like on Black Gold is mostly absent here. It has a few problems that seem to make it T-sided, but I'm fairly low ranked at the moment, so it might be different with proper competition.

I like overgrown when I played it. T's can get to A too quickly, though. It's nice, but it's graphics intensive hurts us low end PC folk. Wish they didn't have so many artifacts

MayMay

Banned
So, I ranked up a while ago in a match that ended tie with me playing horrible, more deaths than kills etc.

Now I just deranked in a match we won, top of the scoreboard with a great KD and overall just a good match.

I don't get it.

So not only are they making people play on these maps for ESL, theyre also making major changes to them weeks before the event?

Those changes are based on pro feedback.

So, I ranked up a while ago in a match that ended tie with me playing horrible, more deaths than kills etc.

Now I just deranked in a match we won, top of the scoreboard with a great KD and overall just a good match.

I don't get it.

I feel your pain, I deranked on two losses. One of those losses was on Overgrown, a map I hadn't played yet.

Never deranked before, it feels bad.

Wunder

That's weird, I've heard of de/rank ups from ties, but never a derank from a win. That's bizarre, what rank are you if you don't mind me asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom