• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold my stat trak dragon tattoo glock for $20.

Was the first case I opened in CS:Go, about 6 months ago now.. Has gone up about $5-6 in price since then.

yeah i have a regular dragon tattoo glock and it goes for a few bucks. I like it though and it'll just keep going up probably.

Is the Operation Breakout pass worth buying? do you really get much more with it? I don't understand a lot of the cases and keys and everything in this game. $2.50 to unlock a case? seems ridiculous. I just sell all of mine. Can you only get keys by paying?

I had an absolute shit round in competitive tonight. Guy was doing arnold schwarzenegger voice the whole game and being an idiot not playing right, then the rest of the team got in on it and started just dancing around in spawn or going knife only. I don't care if you do that stuff in servers or whatever but in competitive matchmaking it should be at least sort of serious play. Really awful.

jambo

So this happened on the weekend...

QCkiq7A.png

Finally got ranked after winning 10 competitive matches.

I have my moments, but I'm definitely not that good =\

jambo

How good are you? Another question, did you grouped up with higher ranking people?

Talked with some mates that I mostly played with, all of whom are lower, and we think we had a couple of wins against Novas on maps they didn't play much, if at all.

Kinda sucks now as the last couple of comp matches we've played have been against high ranked novas.

Hopefully it'll move down a bit soon.

Talked with some mates that I mostly played with, all of whom are lower, and we think we had a couple of wins against Novas on maps they didn't play much, if at all.

Kinda sucks now as the last couple of comp matches we've played have been against high ranked novas.

Hopefully it'll move down a bit soon.

Must be the matchup against Novas. The more you lose the faster you'll derank.

I'm starting to lose my patience with the mission drop system and the general ambiguity of its workings. First week I had four drop, but every week since I've only gotten one. Just... give me a mission dispenser on the main menu attached to a cooldown or something, I'm not enjoying this guessing game.

soultron

Banned
Wish you could delete missions. I have one for 16 Comp wins on Overpass and I queued (with a friend) for over 6 minutes last night before stopping and just playing something else.

Wish you could delete missions. I have one for 16 Comp wins on Overpass and I queued (with a friend) for over 6 minutes last night before stopping and just playing something else.
Patch from a little over a week ago made that possible under specific circumstances.

- If you have two missions that you haven’t been able to complete for some time and you are eligible for next mission drop, you are now allowed to delete one of your current missions.

MayMay

Banned
So this happened on the weekend...

QCkiq7A.png

Finally got ranked after winning 10 competitive matches.

I have my moments, but I'm definitely not that good =\

:0

Jealous. I'm fighting hard to get out of Silver because of the shitty matchmaking and then this? lol. ;_;

Overpass is pretty gud/10 though. Guess its easier during the day.

cresto

Still looking for people to play with. Had some solid games last night, but still dealing with people with terrible teamwork and no mic's.
CSGORank.jpg

soultron

Banned
:0
Overpass is pretty gud/10 though. Guess its easier during the day.

Yeah, I'll try it again. Overpass isn't a terrible map, but it just blew me away that I was waiting that long. I don't have patience when it comes to queuing. :)

EDIT: Thanks for the info, Rickenslacker. I'll try that if I still can't manage to find a match for it.

Giggzy

Still looking for people to play with. Had some solid games last night, but still dealing with people with terrible teamwork and no mic's.
CSGORank.jpg

I keep forgetting to add you. I'll set a reminder so I don't forget when I get home from work. I felt like I was real close to obtaining DMG, but I've lost 3 games in a row now due to blatant cheating and horrible teammates.

Over the weekend: ranked up twice to gain my legendary eagle master....and then deranked twice to go back to distinguished master guardian.

I think the right home is oscillating between the eagle and the badge. I got boosted via teamwork the the double eagle, and taken down the shitter by horrible teammates to go back to the badge.

soultron

Banned
Relegating my SS Rival to my at-work mouse for CSGO. (Currently have a work-supplied Logitech MX 518 and I can't stand it for CS.)
Getting a Zowie FK1 tonight for my at-home mouse. Excited to see if it's as nice as everyone hypes them up to be.

Relegating my SS Rival to my at-work mouse for CSGO. (Currently have a work-supplied Logitech MX 518 and I can't stand it for CS.)
Getting a Zowie FK1 tonight for my at-home mouse. Excited to see if it's as nice as everyone hypes them up to be.
I was reading up on the FK1 last week and it seems like the perfect mouse for my preferences. I've always wanted to try a Zowie mouse but what are those DPI settings on the rest of their mice? 1150? Not dealing with that. Currently using a G400 and I'm not a big fan of the grips on Logitech mice or the easy to misclick DPI buttons despite it being solid otherwise.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'm replacing my mouse as well, feel like my stock logitech is hindering me. Decided to go with a cheaper anker mouse. We'll see if it affects my performance.

Mirage was rough last night. Two losses in a row, then I queued one more time before bed with Ozium, and we got slaughtered. That map is officially cursed for me at the moment.

Still fun games though! This game is 10x better when you know everybody will communicate. We just kept getting outplayed, probably lack of experience on the map. I haven't played it all that much.

I was watching the first game and it felt like you guys had that D:

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I now spend most of my time in casual.

So less stressful than comp.

I'm at a crossroads with crosshairs.

When they changed crosshairstyle 2 and added some cvars relating to it a couple months back I've tweaked that into producing a static inner crosshair for the sake of placement while having a dynamic outer crosshair for recoil feedback.

izeKuNIHAAlrq.png
irQ6bYnAYukks.png

I liked this and thought I'd stick with it, but I gave the new crosshairstyle 5 a shot and now I'm really liking that. Only problem I'm coming across with it is the crosshair gap on the pistols is just too large when trying to go for distanced headshots.

jRnZ9ZvNsZQ2P.png

And I can't just reduce the gap size as it'll interfere with the gaps for the rifles which I find perfect as-is. Might just try getting adjusted to it because I'm finding it far more intuitive to manage recoil with style 5.

In other news, I'm gonna take this as an apology from the mission drop system because I just got a well-worn pink DDPAT AWP from a completed mission that I'm going to sell for $11. I forgive you mission drops.

cresto

I'm at a crossroads with crosshairs.

When they changed crosshairstyle 2 and added some cvars relating to it a couple months back I've tweaked that into producing a static inner crosshair for the sake of placement while having a dynamic outer crosshair for recoil feedback.

izeKuNIHAAlrq.png
irQ6bYnAYukks.png

I liked this and thought I'd stick with it, but I gave the new crosshairstyle 5 a shot and now I'm really liking that. Only problem I'm coming across with it is the crosshair gap on the pistols is just too large when trying to go for distanced headshots.

jRnZ9ZvNsZQ2P.png

And I can't just reduce the gap size as it'll interfere with the gaps for the rifles which I find perfect as-is. Might just try getting adjusted to it because I'm finding it far more intuitive to manage recoil with style 5.

In other news, I'm gonna take this as an apology from the mission drop system because I just got a well-worn pink DDPAT AWP from a completed mission that I'm going to sell for $11. I forgive you mission drops.

Ricken,

There is a trick where you can bind multiple commands to your pistol swap. Say, for instance, when you hit 2, your bind is "+weapon2, cl_crosshairgap -1" and you bind your primary to 1 as "+weapon1, cl_crosshairgap 0"

Do some googling if you want a more proper explanation, but essentially you manipulate the crosshair on a per weapon basis. Lot of work for something kind of silly, so do with this information as you want. I found it too cumbersome and you might too, but if you dislike the gap, this will help.

Ricken,

There is a trick where you can bind multiple commands to your pistol swap. Say, for instance, when you hit 2, your bind is "+weapon2, cl_crosshairgap -1" and you bind your primary to 1 as "+weapon1, cl_crosshairgap 0"

Do some googling if you want a more proper explanation, but essentially you manipulate the crosshair on a per weapon basis. Lot of work for something kind of silly, so do with this information as you want. I found it too cumbersome and you might too, but if you dislike the gap, this will help.
Thanks, yeah I was considering it before but as with you it's also a bit too cumbersome for my liking. I often don't use direct weapon switching either in favour of use last weapon, which would throw a wrench in that binding.

cresto

Pretty sure I play with the default one (lazy). Maybe I should experiment with other ones.

It's good for when you are just starting out and what a good idea of how running vs stop shooting works, but after you get the hang of it you should definitely switch to a less intrusive option. I hate how many crosshair commands there are because I am constantly tinkering

Thanks, yeah I was considering it before but as with you it's also a bit too cumbersome for my liking. I often don't use direct weapon switching either in favour of use last weapon, which would throw a wrench in that binding.

Even more cumbersome, but it would solve your problem if you use aliases; You can name commands and then bind those.

I made this so that when trying for a weapon I'll always get the one I wanted, or the next best thing if not available. It also has two inner crosshair sizes that it cycles between depending on the weapon selected. (I already had the same dilemma as you)
Code:
// Weapon binds
bind 1 "primary_else_secondary"
bind 2 "secondary_else_primary"
bind 3 "slot3; alias rotate rotate1"
bind 4 "slot4; alias rotate rotate1"
bind 5 "slot5; alias rotate rotate1"
bind 6 "slot6; alias rotate rotate1"
bind 7 "slot7; alias rotate rotate1"
bind 8 "slot8; alias rotate rotate1"
bind 9 "slot9; alias rotate rotate1"
bind 0 "slot10; alias rotate rotate1"

// Weapon rotation
alias "primary_else_secondary" "slot2; slot1; cl_crosshairgap 0; alias rotate rotate2;"
alias "secondary_else_primary" "slot1; slot2; cl_crosshairgap -2; alias rotate rotate1;"
alias "rotate1" "primary_else_secondary; alias rotate rotate2;"
alias "rotate2" "secondary_else_primary; alias rotate rotate1;"
alias "rotate" "rotate2;"
bind "Q" "rotate"

Pressing 1 gives me primary, unless I don't have one in which case I get my secondary. - Wide crosshair.
Pressing 2 gives me secondary, unless I don't have one in which case I get my primary. - Narrow crosshair.
Pressing Q rotates between primary and secondary, always trying for primary first if coming from something other than a gun.

If you're only carrying one gun you can also switch between the two crosshair sizes using Q.

Pistol - Rifle - Moving - Shooting
pistol_stationarypss8k.png
rifle_stationary38sfv.png
movinggqso8.png
rifle_firing0gscz.png

I hate how many crosshair commands there are because I am constantly tinkering
I know how you feel.

eot

Banned
Small static crosshairs are great for pistols. I made a custom one for 1.6 and it helps your accuracy at medium / long range for sure.

I used to use -:-

now I used

.........|
.........|
____ . _____
.........|
.........|

completely static, and well, not ascii art.

Very long horizontal and vertical bars tightly coupled with a dot center. No clue how I got it, but ended up with it after mucking around over a year ago

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
We went ahead and lost the one after that, too. Nobody took a sneaky beaky nap on the couch like this dude to brighten things up, sadly.

It doesn't seem to matter which side we dominate on. T, CT, doesn't seem to help. The second half always gets us. I can't explain it! lol

I think it's just our plan and how we execute it. Knowing what to do, where to go when we realize we gotta rotate as cts, making sure we smoke / firebomb appropriately to choke them and potentially flank.

And then as terrorists, grenades to be on offensive/ disorient, and traveling in a pack. We can probably outnumber CTS as long as they don't stack (at b, I don't really like going to a much).

That's just what I think, we'd probably need to have a discussion with the team about what we need to improve on. For the amount of times we've lost on mirage, I think there's definitely something wrong with execution.

I think it's just our plan and how we execute it. Knowing what to do, where to go when we realize we gotta rotate as cts, making sure we smoke / firebomb appropriately to choke them and potentially flank.

And then as terrorists, grenades to be on offensive/ disorient, and traveling in a pack. We can probably outnumber CTS as long as they don't stack (at b, I don't really like going to a much).

That's just what I think, we'd probably need to have a discussion with the team about what we need to improve on. For the amount of times we've lost on mirage, I think there's definitely something wrong with execution.

Are yall us-based? If you are, feel free to add/invite me if you need one. Steam: Lastflowers

Even more cumbersome, but it would solve your problem if you use aliases; You can name commands and then bind those.

I made this so that when trying for a weapon I'll always get the one I wanted, or the next best thing if not available. It also has two inner crosshair sizes that it cycles between depending on the weapon selected. (I already had the same dilemma as you)
I've become more resistant to making elaborate binds over the years instead preferring a simpler approach, but I might just give that a try to see how I feel since it seems exactly what I need. Thanks!

soultron

Banned
Zowie FK1 is super nice. The weight feels perfect and the button action feels great, almost like going from membrane keys to mechanical keys, if the analogy works. My SS Rival's clicking action feels weak/cheap now in comparison.

Zowie FK1 is super nice. The weight feels perfect and the button action feels great, almost like going from membrane keys to mechanical keys, if the analogy works. My SS Rival's clicking action feels weak/cheap now in comparison.
Huano switches at work. I hear they're stiffer than the typical Omrons, do you find it more difficult to rapidly click with them?

soultron

Banned
Huano switches at work. I hear they're stiffer than the typical Omrons, do you find it more difficult to rapidly click with them?

I actually find it easier to (rapdily) tap-shoot now, for some reason. I think it's because the distinction (and distance) between clicks is much narrower than other mice.

I am something fairly similar. I have settled on the thin, center dot cross hair. I prefer green though. Seems to be the most useful for pixel kills.

On a side note, my awp has been killing it lately. Wish I could get a decent skin drop for it -_-

I got the hex(name?) one through a trade-up contract. Not bad at all

I quite dislike the dot, I want to see the center of what I'm aiming at.

Last night, lost 1 match because I was with 2 griefers. Came back up and tied a game that was originally 5-15 in the opposing team's favor. Won a match at the end. So, I broke even.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just ran into my first absolutely blatant cheater, the guy was tracing us through walls, smoke etc, he was on a new account so he obviously didn't give a fuck and wasn't trying to hide it. That's the problem with the game being so cheap in the sale, cheaters just stock up and go wild.

Animal

Banned

I'm also using an FK1 for a couple days now and it is dreamy.

New Patch
UI
safezonex's min value can now go as low as 0.28 with triple monitor setups and will allow a min value of 0.475 with double monitor setups.
Added convar sv_server_graphic which allows the server to specify a 360x60 px image file (must be 16k or smaller) in /csgo/ that will display in the spectator view. Supports PNG transparency.
when the scoreboard is up, the radar will now switch to the square "overview" mode (disable with cl_radar_square_with_scoreboard, or in the Game Settings menu).

MISC
Fixed a crash on round end/restart or player spawn if a player was parented to another entity that was cleaned up.
Increased session communication buffer size to allow for up to 64-player sessions.
Added experimental cpu_frequency_monitoring convar to detect thermal throttling. If you have CS:GO performance problems on Windows, add "+cpu_frequency_monitoring 2" to the CS:GO command line to see if CPU thermal throttling is an issue. If the displayed CPU frequency percentage drops below about 80-85% then you may have a problem with your CPU slowing down due to overheating. If it drops below 50-55% then you may have a serious problem. CPU overheating can be caused by overclocking, insufficient cooling, insufficient airflow, failing or dirty fans, or other causes. The CPU frequency results are displayed with cl_showfps or net_graph. For more detail see https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2715-YIPD-6873
Added engine_no_focus_sleep convar (default value 50 milliseconds), which controls the amount of time the engine sleeps per frame when the game is not in focus.
Fixed incorrect material property on some breakable doors and scaffold models

SDK
Added a few more location "Place Names" for use by level designers

CACHE
Added solidity to gates in b halls and ct garage to allow for nade creativity.
Improved readability in B heaven.
Improved readability by quad.
Improved lighting by forklift.
Improved prop-consistency by quad by adding more rigid edges.
Increased visibility in vent.
Fixed missing texture issues.
Fixed various lighting issues.
Fixed texture translation issues.
Added clipping to prevent an exploit boost.
Slightly increased vent lighting.
Minor but important change to shadowing in some rooms.

INSERTION
Added fences/fallen trees/cliffs around the map to reduce the ammount of invisible walls.
Added a small window above the backdoor in the barn.
Added a big rock next to "SeaRock".
Minor gameplay tweaks.
Optimized the villa (thanks to Glitchvid).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom