• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

udiie

Odds are pretty terrible when ooening cases. Do it for the thrill of gambling. If you want a particular gun you are better off just buying it.

damn haha thanks i figured as much

Got a P250 SuperNova as a drop today.
hqdefault.jpg

Probably the best thing I've gotten from the Breakout case so far.

thats pretty badass...

I bought ten autosnipers from the huntsman's case, did the trade up and got a minimal wear Vulcan AK. If I sell it there's a net 20$ profit.

udiie

id seen some suspicious shit but that last game i played was against the most non-caring hacker ever. unreal stuff.
AlnKWAV.png

dont think i need to say who
hit probably 30-35 one shot headshots, majority were 1deags

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I dunno, some people just know how to carry. I mean look at this

KRZEULM.png

he was so greedy and not letting the team get kills :(

Was that just a random drop? holy shit

That's what I was thinking... goddamn

Yup :D

I had a Nitro drop last week as well, Battle-Scarred but still pretty. Good thing too, because I was about to buy an M4 skin. =)

Mine is battle scarred too, I love it though!

he was so greedy and not letting the team get kills :(

Jeez. I wish I could've had just 10 of those kills in my games last night...then I wouldn't have been the bottom fragger.

Much better gamble:

Buy 10 autosnipers from the huntsman case, do the trade-up contract. Costs ~35-40$

50% chance of getting a Vulcan AK.

Did it: Minimal wear Vulcan worth about 68-70$
Your other option is getting a M4A4 worth about 18-20$

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well after a year of on and off playing I finally got placed into a league, Gold Nova 2, which is pretty bad, but I did have a few games in placement where 1 - 3 members of my team left.

Clydefrog

I don't get why people smurf. I've been seeing more and more of them (unless they are actually cheaters with new accounts). The best part of competitive play is when it's actually competitive.

udiie

Could just be game sense. Looking at the kill spread on that board, the skill range seems pretty wide on both teams, so he's probably high rank.

It doesn't mean he wasn't walling or something, of course.

Last night half way through the two bottom fraggers who had about 3 kills between them disconnected for a couple rounds. They came back and started hitting multiple people with AWPs while CTs crossed to B on Dust2. I didn't report them and maybe they were just fucking around the other half of the match when they missed every single shot? Either way it was kind of suspicious.

We won and they only clipped people through smoke a couple times, so who knows if they really were hacking or not. I've only been given one overwatch case so far where the dude was obviously hacking.

i suppose i underestimated some people in this game, i guess if someone was walling it would still be really hard to tell if they were actually hacking or not. his rank was a master guardian 2 if i recall correctly. seriously imbalanced matchmaking in that case

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get why people smurf. I've been seeing more and more of them (unless they are actually cheaters with new accounts). The best part of competitive play is when it's actually competitive.

What you have to understand is, some people are cunts and they will grief any way they can.

cresto

This damn game... Ever since I walked into a LAN Center 12 years ago, it has sunk its teeth into me and not let go. It frustrates the hell out of me. I get sick and tired of the bull shit that happens in the matchmaking, my laptop can barely run it at a consistent 40-50 fps, I don't have enough time in the day to really hone my skill, yet I continue to come back to it time-and-time again.

SHIT IS TOO MUCH GOOD TO ME.

On another note, it's been nice having a fellow GAF'er to play with in phantomspiker. Buddy, you are a little rough and watching you AWP makes me cringe, but I enjoy playing with you nonetheless.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having a problem hearing people over their mics, I have voice_enable 1 but I can never hear my team mates speak, nor do I get any indication anyone is speaking. Any ideas?

cresto

I'm having a problem hearing people over their mics, I have voice_enable 1 but I can never hear my team mates speak, nor do I get any indication anyone is speaking. Any ideas?

What is your "voice_scale X" set at? Try it at .75 or something closer to 1. I tend to keep it around 0.5 personally.

This damn game... Ever since I walked into a LAN Center 12 years ago, it has sunk its teeth into me and not let go. It frustrates the hell out of me. I get sick and tired of the bull shit that happens in the matchmaking, my laptop can barely run it at a consistent 40-50 fps, I don't have enough time in the day to really hone my skill, yet I continue to come back to it time-and-time again.

SHIT IS TOO MUCH GOOD TO ME.

On another note, it's been nice having a fellow GAF'er to play with in phantomspiker. Buddy, you are a little rough and watching you AWP makes me cringe, but I enjoy playing with you nonetheless.

40-50 fps!?! Even with all the settings on low?

Haha, most of the people we play against are Badges! It's pretty nuts, but I've been enjoying the challenge anyways. Starting to DM a lot again to improve my aim and reaction time a little more.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
What is your "voice_scale X" set at? Try it at .75 or something closer to 1. I tend to keep it around 0.5 personally.

It's at 1,it's not that people are quite, it's like they're not speaking at all.

cresto

40-50 fps!?! Even with all the settings on low?

Haha, most of the people we play against are Badges! It's pretty nuts, but I've been enjoying the challenge anyways. Starting to DM a lot again to improve my aim and reaction time a little more.

Ya, man it can really hamper my aim with smokes all over the place the new operation is especially bad too. I ave around 30 and dip below that depending on the spot. I'll be upgrading soon, hopefully.

DM is the way to go if you wanna work on aim. I do that before MM no matter what.

darkace

Banned
I could never play with 40fps, I get antsy when my fps drops below my 144hz refresh rate.

Part of the reason I dislike this operation so much, the maps are just terribly optimised.

Mist is the worst offender, if a couple of smokes pop off in that then I can be looking at ~60fps, and I get 300 in all the regular maps.

Hey everyone. Just starting to play CS again after so many years (last time I seriously played it was back in 1.5). Anyone have tips on mandatory config settings? I remember back in the day I would have to do cl_maxpackets, maxfps, etc.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hey everyone. Just starting to play CS again after so many years (last time I seriously played it was back in 1.5). Anyone have tips on mandatory config settings? I remember back in the day I would have to do cl_maxpackets, maxfps, etc.

Rates:

rate "128000"
cl_cmdrate "128"
cl_updaterate "128"
cl_interp "0"
cl_interp_ratio "1"

Remove mouse accel:

m_rawinput "1"
m_customaccel "0.00"
m_mouseaccel1 "0.00"
m_mouseaccel2 "0.00"
m_mousespeed "0.00"

Better sound:

windows_speaker_config "1"
snd_musicvolume "0.0"
snd_mixahead "0.05"
snd_headphone_pan_exponent "2.00"
snd_headphone_pan_radial_weight "2.00"

Misc:

cl_disablefreezecam "1"

cl_hud_playercount_showcount "1" (shows players left instead of icons, much better IMO)

cl_forcepreload "1"

Put it in your autoexec.cfg

cl_hud_playercount_showcount "1" (shows players left instead of icons, much better IMO)
I'm kind of confused why people would prefer it, it saves a little space but I like seeing exactly who on my team is alive at all times while also being able to see their general health situation.

Omega

Banned

i dont really play CS anymore but i did it to play with my terrible friends. i never used any good guns though. i used to just use the mac 10 or pistols.

i hope that doesnt make me a dick

For 3-4 rounds in a row I got shot at by teammates at the start. I couldn't resist shooting those dicks back. It was worth the 30 minute ban. My friend was in the same match and later they did the same to him. They teamkilled him then voted to kick him out.

Then after that they said we were the dumbasses on the team. I immediately spectated after the match to see the enemy stomp on them. Those asswipes deserved an assbeating.

Cardigan

just placed my first bet ever... on NiP. let's go team

0tQ7HBH.png

Placed my first bet last night and won. I just got back in to GO and don't have many skins so all I got was a 90 cent reward, but it was still very fun nonetheless. Also bet on NiP today so I'm hoping for the same result as you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom