• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

impact

Banned
Great to see some Cache changes, even if they're minor. It's definitely one of the best maps in the game right now. If they seriously want to fix the Operation Breakout maps they're gonna have to do much more than that though. Those maps are beyond broken at this point and all have 5+ minute q's (for good reason)

Funny how all my friends are starved for new maps, then once we get new maps all we play is inf/mirage/cache because the new maps blow :x

impact

Banned
They just remind me too much of CoD maps, and I quit CoD because the map design went straight in the toilet after CoD4. Castle is certainly much better since it was patched, but that doesn't mean it's even remotely fun to play.

I wish I didn't work nights though so maybe I'd have a chance to catch some GAF games. Didn't even know you guys played together.

e: I also think cbble is fun. Started T side the other day and won 12-3, then the other team just complained "lol wat kind of fukin nerd knows how 2 play cobble lol fagits"

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If I saw hudless screens of Rush or Black Gold I would straight up say they were for a CoD game.

Lol Black Gold pretty much is:

pODHYFB.jpg

KiKaL

Great to see some Cache changes, even if they're minor. It's definitely one of the best maps in the game right now. If they seriously want to fix the Operation Breakout maps they're gonna have to do much more than that though. Those maps are beyond broken at this point and all have 5+ minute q's (for good reason)

Funny how all my friends are starved for new maps, then once we get new maps all we play is inf/mirage/cache because the new maps blow :x

Like said above, overgrown is actually pretty decent. I feel like Black Gold has potential but just needs to be massively cleaned up. All the grates, and piping just makes things confusing on what you can and cant shoot through.

Rush does completely feel like a COD map. I of course have a mission on it and the one time I played we went 15:15 : /. I don't think I will be completing that mission because I don't want to play rush during my limited play time.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have to say I'm not a massive fan of the maps this time around, I much preferred the Bravo maps (I stopped playing between then and now so missed some). How long until the next DLC?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Are yall us-based? If you are, feel free to add/invite me if you need one. Steam: Lastflowers

Is your steamprofile end in lasflowers or that's your name? I get two different results that pop up.

Had a great match on dust 2 last night, 16-14. We were trailing at one point (which is weird because originally won 6 straight games at the start) until they started stacking with awps and autos. But executing new strategies (stacking flashes) as well as good communication, I can really attribute that we won because of great teamwork and strategy. Really proud of that match. I'd hang it up on a wall if I could.

Also, I just watched a video of some kid buying 20 keys and getting two knives after 8 tries, i'm tempted to burn through $50 to get a rare weapon, then proceed to sell it and get an asiimov awp or m4a.

CoolS

Also, I just watched a video of some kid buying 20 keys and getting two knives after 8 tries, i'm tempted to burn through $50 to get a rare weapon, then proceed to sell it and get an asiimov awp or m4a.

Yeah, if you do that, fully expect to maybe get 20$ of weapons back if you are lucky. Case openings are so much like a lottery its not even funny. Of course you can get lucky but the odds are pretty much against you.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Yeah, if you do that, fully expect to maybe get 20$ of weapons back if you are lucky. Case openings are so much like a lottery its not even funny. Of course you can get lucky but the odds are pretty much against you.

I know ._. I've been burned before. But god damn it when I watch other people win it makes me feel like I can win!

spootime

Zowie FK1 is super nice. The weight feels perfect and the button action feels great, almost like going from membrane keys to mechanical keys, if the analogy works. My SS Rival's clicking action feels weak/cheap now in comparison.

fffff dont say this. I just bought a rival.

jordisok

The US cs group sounds fun, you guys record anything?

Damn I'm struggling atm, feel like I've started doing something different but can't tell what.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just found out the gaming organisation I used to play for back in 1.6 have reopened their doors recently after being closed for like 8 years. The nostalgia is amazing, they're even using the same logo I helped pick all those years ago. I wish I could rewind time and do it all again, it was the best gaming experience I've ever had.

soultron

Banned
fffff dont say this. I just bought a rival.

The Rival is still the mouse I'd use if Zowie didn't exist. :) I use my Rival at work now. It's still good!
The FK1 is just... better, in my opinion.

I used a Razer DeathAdder 2014 before and it was hot garbage, for reference. I also had a Logitech gaming mouse at work that I didn't really like either.

cresto

I just found out the gaming organisation I used to play for back in 1.6 have reopened their doors recently after being closed for like 8 years. The nostalgia is amazing, they're even using the same logo I helped pick all those years ago. I wish I could rewind time and do it all again, it was the best gaming experience I've ever had.

CAL?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
...Annnnnnnnnnd Valve has you by the balls

Cmon man, this is vegas baby.

The US cs group sounds fun, you guys record anything?

Damn I'm struggling atm, feel like I've started doing something different but can't tell what.

Kanokare recorded one of our earlier matches but I can't find it. I don't have shadow play so I can't record them myself and i'll be damned if I stream comp. Really wish we had last nights, well i could always watch the replay.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

I'm from the UK, so we didn't compete in CAL. For us it was CSGN, Enemy Down and Clanbase back then. CSGN was the main league and we won the top division the year before we disbanded. We were also part of an ESEA promotion called "play with the pros", where regular people could come play with and against us as a premium bonus. Back then the UK scene was so full of talent, these days I never see a UK team in any European tournament which is sad. It was a great time to play CS and I loved every minute of it.

soultron

Banned
Anyone finding that mission drops are always repeats? I keep getting the Green Plaid CZ75A skin and I don't even use the dang gun.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone finding that mission drops are always repeats? I keep getting the Green Plaid CZ75A skin and I don't even use the dang gun.

My last 3 have all been different, but they've all been trash so I've sold them all. All the trash skins start to add up though, I'm currently "saving" for a USP Orion skin which is about £5 on the market. I'll probably have enough next week from selling cases and skins.

jambo

I've had two mission drops that were identical and also 2 missions that were identical.

Kills in Arms Race.

Easy, but annoying.

udiie

i hardly get any missions :( maybe 6 over the course of 20-25 games
also im new here. had an extremely positive competitive experience today, matched up with a bunch of guys and we did great. also, joined the GAF CS group, same name on steam as here.
if anyone wants to play, message me. im pacific time, usually play weeknights; ranked gold nova 1
Of294p8.jpg

Giggzy

I'm from the UK, so we didn't compete in CAL. For us it was CSGN, Enemy Down and Clanbase back then. CSGN was the main league and we won the top division the year before we disbanded. We were also part of an ESEA promotion called "play with the pros", where regular people could come play with and against us as a premium bonus. Back then the UK scene was so full of talent, these days I never see a UK team in any European tournament which is sad. It was a great time to play CS and I loved every minute of it.

4K was one of my favorite teams back in the day. Mangiacapra was a beast.

i hardly get any missions :( maybe 6 over the course of 20-25 games
also im new here. had an extremely positive competitive experience today, matched up with a bunch of guys and we did great. also, joined the GAF CS group, same name on steam as here.
if anyone wants to play, message me. im pacific time, usually play weeknights; ranked gold nova 1
Of294p8.jpg

I really don't like that missions are what upgrades the coin with them being random. I can understand them being that way since they are tied to drops but I much preferred just pure wins for coin upgrading.

udiie

I really don't like that missions are what upgrades the coin with them being random. I can understand them being that way since they are tied to drops but I much preferred just pure wins for coin upgrading.

never got to play the other missions, but i like that concept a lot more. i cant understand how anyone would ever have more than one mission active with the way ive been getting them...

Sorry if this isn't the place for this, but the Steam forums have been no help so I figured I'd give it a shot. I came back to CS after about a 4 month break, and couldn't get a match via competitive matchmaking. Casual was no problem, but if I went for Competitive I'd sit in queue for like 5 minutes, then get told there were no matchmaking servers found with my acceptable ping settings. I validated steam files, went back in with my acceptable ping set to 100, and voila, found a server immediately. Singapore. I'm US West. I have 200 ping. I can literally only connect to the Singapore MM servers now, always with a ping of about 200. Nothing I've tried since then has worked.

Sorry if this isn't the place for this, but the Steam forums have been no help so I figured I'd give it a shot. I came back to CS after about a 4 month break, and couldn't get a match via competitive matchmaking. Casual was no problem, but if I went for Competitive I'd sit in queue for like 5 minutes, then get told there were no matchmaking servers found with my acceptable ping settings. I validated steam files, went back in with my acceptable ping set to 100, and voila, found a server immediately. Singapore. I'm US West. I have 200 ping. I can literally only connect to the Singapore MM servers now, always with a ping of about 200. Nothing I've tried since then has worked.
Did you happen to change your download region in the Steam client?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone just watch the ESG game? I am so embarrassed for Maik, he was crying about the other team cheating lol. For a second I forgot I was watching a pro match as it looked like your average matchmaking chat. Apparently his ego needed that stomping.

Did anyone just watch the ESG game? I am so embarrassed for Maik, he was crying about the other team cheating lol. For a second I forgot I was watching a pro match as it looked like your average matchmaking chat. Apparently his ego needed that stomping.

Yeah, he was pathetic.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, he was pathetic.

Ha, this drama just gets better and better. First it's proven flamie wasn't VAC banned, then it's discovered Delpan who was a big time cheater back in 1.6 didn't have the ESL anti-cheat active for most of the night, which is grounds for automatic DQ. Apparently he didn't have the anti-cheat active in another match as well when he did some questionable shots. It's probably not a good idea to kick up a fuss about someone cheating when you yourself are cheating.

So I played CS:GO woth my new steam acc. I named tinfoilhatsron. Just got gold nova 2 :)
Any tips you guys got for me to rank even higher?

Play Deathmatch to help with your aim and communicate with your teammates.

Ha, this drama just gets better and better. First it's proven flamie wasn't VAC banned, then it's discovered Delpan who was a big time cheater back in 1.6 didn't have the ESL anti-cheat active for most of the night, which is grounds for automatic DQ. Apparently he didn't have the anti-cheat active in another match as well when he did some questionable shots. It's probably not a good idea to kick up a fuss about someone cheating when you yourself are cheating.

Yuuuuuup, ESC is protesting their match with them.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I actually got a knife tonight (after like 16 unboxings) and I think i'm finally done lol. I sold it even though I was kind of sad to see it go, I guess I was really in it for the rush of gambling. Made back (mostly) what I spent, and originally I was pondering on buying what I wanted to buy. But at this point i think i might just save it and spend it on actual games @___@

Also I think we may have won one match tonight (out of five?), it was not our night.

I actually got a knife tonight (after like 16 unboxings) and I think i'm finally done lol. I sold it even though I was kind of sad to see it go, I guess I was really in it for the rush of gambling. Made back (mostly) what I spent, and originally I was pondering on buying what I wanted to buy. But at this point i think i might just save it and spend it on actual games @___@

Also I think we may have won one match tonight (out of five?), it was not our night.

What was the knife?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have virtually no skins to trade and no money to buy them, so I've pretty much accepted the fact I'll never have a knife, or an AK Vulcan for that matter.

udiie

Is there any actual solid figures for odds of getting certain guns? I'm always tempted to open cases but I've been burned so many times already

Is there any actual solid figures for odds of getting certain guns? I'm always tempted to open cases but I've been burned so many times already
Odds are pretty terrible when ooening cases. Do it for the thrill of gambling. If you want a particular gun you are better off just buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom