• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
For 3-4 rounds in a row I got shot at by teammates at the start. I couldn't resist shooting those dicks back. It was worth the 30 minute ban. My friend was in the same match and later they did the same to him. They teamkilled him then voted to kick him out.

Then after that they said we were the dumbasses on the team. I immediately spectated after the match to see the enemy stomp on them. Those asswipes deserved an assbeating.

Damn dude, that sucks. Playing with randoms can really be hit or miss, what rank are you guys?

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

swag from iBP is one of the best players in the NA scene.

It's right on his Twitch page:
Other: Windows 6/11, 400 DPI, 1000 HZ, 1.3 Sens, Accel Ingame: 1.05 Raw Input: Off

http://www.twitch.tv/swagcs

just placed my first bet ever... on NiP. let's go team

0tQ7HBH.png

I went 1 for 3 on bets last night.

Robot Pants

GAF, what say we try to petition Valve to get them to implement OpenAL in Global Offensive? I find the positional audio solution they have to be pretty shitty, it can be way better.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=123169982#post123169982

Source games under Linux/OSX already use OpenAL, but Valve is neutering it. We could have amazing audio for headphone users, and I think, it would push the envelope for pro gamers.
Anything tnat helps with footsteps on nuke and vertigo and maps like them is welcome.

Also fuck these stupid missions. These are the absolute worst thing valve has come up with so far. I've done ten and haven't even gotten a skin higher than the grey (lowest quality). Has anyone gotten something good?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm going to start a GoFundMe for a knife skin.

About to finally buy a new gaming monitor. It's not the best and not 120hz but I can't afford anything else at the moment and I'm sick of playing on this this. Yes it's that old. Going from 4:3 to widescreen and 25ms response to 2 is gonna be an interesting adjustment.

udiie

Also fuck these stupid missions. These are the absolute worst thing valve has come up with so far. I've done ten and haven't even gotten a skin higher than the grey (lowest quality). Has anyone gotten something good?

I haven't gotten shit either. I think I'm at 8 missions now and nothing above green plaid mp9s and light gray rarity. Kinda disappointing.

I got a dark blue worth about 50 cents. I've been enjoying the missions though, mixes it up a little bit for me.

cresto

All my missions have been some sort of casual play list challenge and I want to die everytime. I can't stand watching casual players. They make me want to scream into the mic its so sad. I literally went 20-0 yesterday on office to get a stupid repeat skin. Wasted 20 minutes of my life on that crap.

I do enjoy the missions as I tend to just not care about my play when I am doing them, I can just relax and have fun but it isn't very exciting getting nothing over 5c. I usually just throw all the crap like that into the contract thing as I hate it cluttering up my inventory.

The game doesn't auto record MM games does it? I always forget to start a demo.

Damn dude, that sucks. Playing with randoms can really be hit or miss, what rank are you guys?
Last silver rankings. Sadly we were winning before that. Apparently they were shooting at us for free weapons, so they can whore awp and auto snipers. Not my problem they kept buying expensive weapons and keep dying. It was a triple queue.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I do enjoy the missions as I tend to just not care about my play when I am doing them, I can just relax and have fun but it isn't very exciting getting nothing over 5c. I usually just throw all the crap like that into the contract thing as I hate it cluttering up my inventory.

The game doesn't auto record MM games does it? I always forget to start a demo.

All your recent competitive matches are under the watch tab, you can download and view them from there.

Clydefrog

apparently my bet last night didn't go through (which I would have won)

and now I try to place one tonight and it says i'm trying from a new device. so now I can't do any bets for an entire week! wooooo

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
guys, the buttefly knife is so cool, i've never felt this way about a knife before, rip wallet

and last night we got WRECKED on inferno, the aim on this team was really consistent. There were matches where I vividly remember half of the team gone in less than 2 seconds. Fortunately we picked it up the next two games.

jokkir

Can someone show me how to create an autoexec?

I've been playing for years and I never bothered to change the auto exec. I tried making one that runs with the game but it doesn't work :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone show me how to create an autoexec?

I've been playing for years and I never bothered to change the auto exec. I tried making one that runs with the game but it doesn't work :(

http://www.csgoautoexec.com/

Select all the settings you want and it'll make a neat autoexec for you, then simply download it and put it here: "Steam Install Location>Steam>steamapps>common>Counter-Strike Global Offensive>csgo>cfg"

Every time you start the game open the console and type exec autoexec

CoolS

The best thing about cloud9 picking up coL(except the players getting payed for their efforst) ist that their logo looks really nice and I'll probably put a few of their stickers on my guns.

If anyone wants to admin for the CSGAF group let me know. Not that it needs any moderation or anything but if anyone wants to use it to plan events or whatever.

If anyone wants to admin for the CSGAF group let me know. Not that it needs any moderation or anything but if anyone wants to use it to plan events or whatever.

I'd be down for that. I've been trying to do the same thing for TF2-GAF for a while as an admin for that steam group, but the community is pretty dead. I'd love an opportunity to meet more of the CS GAF community and set up some comp stacks or in-house games.

My steam name is :HIT: EmptyCanO'wupass for anyone that wants to add me, by the way.

I'd be down for that. I've been trying to do the same thing for TF2-GAF for a while as an admin for that steam group, but the community is pretty dead. I'd love an opportunity to meet more of the CS GAF community and set up some comp stacks or in-house games.

My steam name is :HIT: EmptyCanO'wupass for anyone that wants to add me, by the way.

Done.

Kanokare

Except..you know...bullets.

Also, fellow gaffer Kanokare posted a compilation of clips from steam SteamGAF CSGO over July with some funny moments in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGqJQk9sqig

Thanks! I forget to stray from SteamGAF sometimes and check some OTs haha. I will up my editing skills in the future. Maybe the next one will be a compilation of frags and funnies :D

I could watch the entire Hank Hill match like 10x before getting tired of that shtick.

Hahha. Even the enemy team can't hate a fellow like Hank Hill. Here's the entire game on dust2.
http://www.twitch.tv/kanokare/b/551963746

I feel like you guys are going to be silvers for a very long time lol.

Hey!!! .... Maybe.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

- Flagged smoke grenade particles to face player camera position instead of camera direction.

- Non-local player positions are now networked with full precision. This prevents small discrepancies in player bounding volume motion between clients and servers under certain circumstances.

That'll do pig, that'll do.

- Flagged smoke grenade particles to face player camera position instead of camera direction.

- Non-local player positions are now networked with full precision. This prevents small discrepancies in player bounding volume motion between clients and servers under certain circumstances.

That'll do pig, that'll do.

Those sound pretty cool.

Hey, I ranked up to Silver Elite playing with them!

Of course after ranking down twice to Silver 4 from Silver Elite Master after playing with them.

I'm not judging you! I'm beginning to wonder how I got to MG 2 on my own, I play like an idiot.

UI
  • Added cl_crosshairgap_useweaponvalue convar (0 or 1) that defines whether the crosshair gap changes with the equipped weapon (defaults to off, works with style 4 and 5)
That fixes my pistol issues with crosshairstyle 5 perfectly. Nice!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if anyone is interested but I edit my chat a little to make it a little easier to read, after every update it gets reverted which is a pain but it takes 2 minutes to fix. I just did it for the latest patch if anyone wants to try it out.

9ydBVG3.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/?kvpxy49f1d0bao7

Drop it here: SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\resource

That fixes my pistol issues with crosshairstyle 5 perfectly. Nice!

Yeah, I'm really digging that style now.

Not sure if anyone is interested but I edit my chat a little to make it a little easier to read, after every update it gets reverted which is a pain but it takes 2 minutes to fix. I just did it for the latest patch if anyone wants to try it out.

9ydBVG3.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/?kvpxy49f1d0bao7

Drop it here: SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\resource

That's awesome dude, I'll check it out.

Just did a practice match with the new crosshair change and it is just completely ideal, I love it. At the end of the match I got a drop for an easy mission too.

While I did have to use my AK, I gotta say it was a good day.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I had to restart my router and now I can't use the Steam Market for 7 days to "protect my inventory", WTF? I'm emailing them now, hopefully they can remove this restriction. What a load of old balls.

Sajjaja

I had to restart my router and now I can't use the Steam Market for 7 days to "protect my inventory", WTF? I'm emailing them now, hopefully they can remove this restriction. What a load of old balls.
Lol chances are your 7 days will pass by the time valve gets to your ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom