• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

I've only ever had 1 ace, and I didn't even notice it until my teammates told me.

I did have 3 4Ks in a single game a few days ago

Hugstable

Banned
This is true. I kind of want to buy a stat trak glock to match my stat trak stainless USP (it's so awesome)

I wanted Stat Trak everything also lol. I opened up my first case since I started playing again, got myself an AK Redline so I decided to check how much the Stat Trak cost considering the gun I had sells on Marketplace for 10$ it can't be all too much more expensive right? Wroooong. I highly doubt I'm ever going to own an AK Stat Trak unless I actually win one now lol. What's so much different about the Minimal Wear version also because the price skyrockets with the quality which is crazy considering how much the Stat Trak versions of teh lesser qualities already cost.

Oh well I'll actually pretty happy with my Stat Trak Doom Kitty and P90!

Animal

Banned
The random number generator Valve is using for these capsules is broken. I have 3 Copenhagen Wolves and 3 Hellraisers. All obtained one after the other.

Ocho

Does anyone here use ESEA? I have dabbled in AltPUG, but the constant leaving gets old quickly. I know ESEA is a bit different due to the subscription and karma system, but is there any form of matchmaking similar to competitive?

I play ESEA, some days. Pug matchmaking is fine. People are mostly decent, the server are high tick rate, and rarely someone leaves, and if they do, other people can take their place. Matchmaking for teams is good as well.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I wanted Stat Trak everything also lol. I opened up my first case since I started playing again, got myself an AK Redline so I decided to check how much the Stat Trak cost considering the gun I had sells on Marketplace for 10$ it can't be all too much more expensive right? Wroooong. I highly doubt I'm ever going to own an AK Stat Trak unless I actually win one now lol. What's so much different about the Minimal Wear version also because the price skyrockets with the quality which is crazy considering how much the Stat Trak versions of teh lesser qualities already cost.

Oh well I'll actually pretty happy with my Stat Trak Doom Kitty and P90!

for popular guns, stat trak weapon prices are quite ridiculous. this includes deagles, awps, m4a, ak47, and obviously knives.

jerry1594

It's weird to me some skins look like ass even if they're factory new (famas especially) and some well-worn look good as new (got me a first class ak that looked good enough :p)
Also, why do people pay ridiculous prices for some of these things? Do they just want them that bad?

Anilusion

God damn it, I just noticed that every single weapon skin is different. Some have different patterns, all that are not factory new are scratched diffrently (which is nice, since some "low quality" skins can look almost flawless because of this), and on some the patterns position is random. It's pretty cool that is works this way, but it makes shopping for skins so much more tedius (but possibly more rewarding).

udiie

God damn it, I just noticed that every single weapon skin is different. Some have different patterns, all that are not factory new are scratched diffrently (which is nice, since some "low quality" skins can look almost flawless because of this), and on some the patterns position is random. It's pretty cool that is works this way, but it makes shopping for skins so much more tedius (but possibly more rewarding).
Yup. My field tested AK emerald pinstripe looks factory new. When they showed me in the picture I was thinking oh man 16 dollars here I come... But I was wrong :(

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

Case Hardened is the perfect example of this. A normal CH item might not be worth much, but add in a lot of blue, and the value will jump.

Fox318

I really like the idea of the bracket but I don't know enough about the teams to make an educated guess.

I do enjoy watching competitive when its on twitch every now and then and the drops are nice.

udiie

How do the stream drops work? Can I leave my computer idling with the twitch stream up if I'm not home when it's on?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Would valve ever buy 120 tick servers

Unlikely, apparently most people don't get the required frame rate to benefit from 128 tick. I think competitive games should be on 128 tick, at least at certain ranks, maybe anything past the Novas.

Valve has me by the balls because I want Stattrak everything.

I've probably said it before, but I fucking hate that stattrak isn't something that drops on it own, and can be placed on whatever weapons you choose instead of coming already attached to the weapons. I wish they had changed that from the drop system in TF2.

Anilusion

I've probably said it before, but I fucking hate that stattrak isn't something that drops on it own, and can be placed on whatever weapons you choose instead of coming already attached to the weapons. I wish they had changed that from the drop system in TF2.

They should make it like in Dota where "stattrak" is a gem you put in the items. You can remove gems from items you get in chests and put them in other items you own.

Van

my day 1 picks
ruZWrQr.png

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't got all the stickers I need, but my picks will be:

NiP
Epsilon
Virtus.Pro
iBUYPOWER
Dignitas
London Conspiracy
NaVi
Titan

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Just played hands down the worst game of all time, because we had 2 random queue people who were dead set on deranking. As soon as we hit 10 wins, they suicided every round, there are no words to describe the kind of pricks who join a competitive match for the sole purpose of bringing the team down. I hope valve implements a system where a certain amount of suicides amounts to being banned from competitive play, because I am fucking outraged I had to sit through that match.

Then again, if valve did implement that, they would find another way. but it won't be as easy.

Sounds like smurfs trying to stay low.

Don't think I can go back to solo queuing again, the people I played with tonight were terrible in every respect.

Chiramii

I can remember firing up Global Offensive on launch, but could never get used to the gunplay after spending around 1100 hours on Source. But I've been playing it for the last 2 week or so now with friends and I'm having a blast! As a guy that has been playing Counter-Strike since the 1.5 days I'm baffled by the lasting effect this series has.

Also, Gabe decided to give me a Stattrak™ AWP Asiimov (Field-Tested), so I guess I'll have to use that from now on. Such a stunning looking skin.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Won both my games today, first one was really nice, top fragged and my team were nice guys, second game we won 16 - 2 but it wasn't enjoyable at all. My team were all low ranked super smurfs that talked shit all game in foreign, you'd miss one shot "OMG LOW NOOB SILVER ARE YOU? ". Sure a win is a win but that wasn't fun at all. I wish they'd at least let us select a preferred language.

Wunder

Won both my games today, first one was really nice, top fragged and my team were nice guys, second game we won 16 - 2 but it wasn't enjoyable at all. My team were all low ranked super smurfs that talked shit all game in foreign, you'd miss one shot "OMG LOW NOOB SILVER ARE YOU? ". Sure a win is a win but that wasn't fun at all. I wish they'd at least let us select a preferred language.

they have a language thing in DOTA, it doesn't help at all.

edit: I should say, it doesn't help because it doesn't force you to select a preferred language, it just defaults to English. I suppose if you speak a foreign language and are looking for like-minded players, it might work, but for English speaking players, you get the whole lot.

Wunder

Just ranked up to Master Guardian I and had a Factory New Tec-9 | Red Quartz drop, thanks gabeN

Congratulations, the climb out of Gold Nova was one of the most satisfying moments of CS:GO so far. I'm relatively happy sitting between MGE/DMG, especially since I have lost the drive to practice and play every day. Maybe someday the climb to Eagle will present itself, but I'm content to sit here for now.

Chiramii

Jelly! I just want that AWP and a Butterfly knife; am I asking for too much? :p
You'll get it, one day! I had been dreaming about the Asiimov AWP since I returned to GO. Yesterday I decided to put down 5€ on some keys for my cases, and to my surprise, it dropped!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I figured out why my aim was so shaky, software decided to mess with my dpi settings. No wonder why I was doing so bad yesterday.

You'll get it, one day! I had been dreaming about the Asiimov AWP since I returned to GO. Yesterday I decided to put down 5€ on some keys for my cases, and to my surprise, it dropped!

I love and hate you

i wanna play with paulink :(

your rank is 2high4me

soultron

Banned

Maybe if I pay for my keys in euros instead of Canadian dollars, I will get an Asimov AWP too. I just got a Asimov P90 on the weekend.
REGION-LOCKED WEAPON DROPS CONFIRMED.

Divius

Congratulations, the climb out of Gold Nova was one of the most satisfying moments of CS:GO so far. I'm relatively happy sitting between MGE/DMG, especially since I have lost the drive to practice and play every day. Maybe someday the climb to Eagle will present itself, but I'm content to sit here for now.
Thanks. After ten wins I got ranked 4star nova so I've been pretty steady. Dropped down to 3 star once because I was messing around with friends, but gained that ranked back very quickly. I'm at 53 wins now, I don't play that much comp.

Lourio

I do have a Phoenix case.... but I been saving my Steam monies to open Breakout cases.
Hmm... Now you got me thinking Chiramii :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
They should make it like in Dota where "stattrak" is a gem you put in the items. You can remove gems from items you get in chests and put them in other items you own.

Honestly, I'd be fine with that. I'd buy Statracks for the defaults to slot onto. Better than the random drop system.

ironmang

Just got stuck in a MM game against a party of blatant cheaters who all brag about how they make 60 dollars boosting accounts to global. My team was also great with 1 guy who just trolled us the entire time and another named "road to silver" who didn't mind playing against cheaters since he planned on dragging his team down anyways. Early morning csgo is fun.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just got stuck in a MM game against a party of blatant cheaters who all brag about how they make 60 dollars boosting accounts to global. My team was also great with 1 guy who just trolled us the entire time and another named "road to silver" who didn't mind playing against cheaters since he planned on dragging his team down anyways. Early morning csgo is fun.

I never play too late or too early. I try to play around 5 - 7pm when the adults are back from work.

Lourio

Ridiculous.
Do you guys think they'll ever lower the prices for keys? Now that I been buying keys, I don't know but $2.50 for a key is kind of overkill..

ironmang

Any time I get an urge to open a case I just remember how shitty my drops have been and that key would be better spent betting on the csgolounge. Got tired of opening $0.10 skins all the time.

Cardigan

Is there a group that plays MM semi-regularly? I'm not very good, but I'm sick of getting stuck with mic spammers and quitters.

Ridiculous.
Do you guys think they'll ever lower the prices for keys? Now that I been buying keys, I don't know but $2.50 for a key is kind of overkill..
Likely never, as with TF2 I'm sure the GO team wants to keep it a standard in the game's economy. I don't know what ended up devaluing Dota 2 keys though, I believe it was a chest that didn't need keys to open, but I doubt the end result was Valve's intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom