• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the M4 Silenced has a larger spray pattern than unsilenced. The myth that silenced is more accurate is not true.
It's no myth, spray lab is using the pattern for the A1 once the silencer is removed; If you take the silencer off it sprays worse than the A4, if you leave it on it sprays less and is easier to control.
There is literally no reason to take the silencer off, it loses the only two advantages the A1 offers: silence and accuracy.

Update: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffen...unterstrike_global_offensive_update_for_late/

http://www.counter-strike.net/pickem/eslcologne2014

It's no myth, spray lab is using the pattern for the A1 once the silencer is removed; If you take the silencer off it sprays worse than the A4, if you leave it on it sprays less and is easier to control.
There is literally no reason to take the silencer off, it loses the only two advantages the A1 offers: silence and accuracy.

I kind of wish there was some advantage to using unsilenced m4 or usp because they sound so cool.

Animal

Banned
I don't understand why there are more stickers possible than there are picks for the 14th?!?

EDIT: I figured it out. there are two days of group stage (14th and 15th) 32 teams total. 32 stickers total.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I picked up some stickers and I'll probably buy a few more tomorrow, apparently they went up in value a lot last time. How long do they usually sell the capsules for?

Cool, the Cologne Pick 'Em trophies you can win will even appear as a Steam profile badge. This is the first game to be doing something like that.

soultron

Banned

The only reason for taking the silencer off would be to create a diversion by making noise if your team asked for it. But you need to have time to remove the silencer in the first place, which is a huge risk. You might as well take out your pistol at that point to do it... so long as you don't have the USP-S as your (default) pistol.

CoolS

I was excited about the picking winners for ESL One untill I read you need stickers to do so. That sucks and is just a moneygrab from Valve :(

Got a Desert Eagle Conspiracy today. It's quite beautiful. Not sure if it's prettier than the Heirloom one I'm currently using though.

Smart way of making stickers worth something. I just need A VP sticker.

Just a heads up, the Katowice sticker capsules are currently going for almost 4€,. These tournament stickers are obviously worth something to someone. Got nineteen of them currently lying in my inventory. Not certain if I should sell them now or hold on to them even longer.

I was excited about the picking winners for ESL One untill I read you need stickers to do so. That sucks and is just a moneygrab from Valve :(

I always buy a bunch of them anyway to support the teams directly. Got one of each team, including some holos and a red and blue sticker. Sold most of the extras. I wish they'd let people make predictions without stickers and just not letting them earn the badges though. Look at the bright side though,
the Indian teams sticker is really cheap, so you can easily bet on them.

Here's my day 1 predictions:
D4A063CCA5EF2448D7E2E3308A1C5CFD0F8C9C29

cHinzo

http://fat.gfycat.com/BewitchedEmbarrassedAngelwingmussel.webm

My 4k with the USP. Almost got the last one, but the guy next to me took it, so I had to cut it off at the 4th kill. D: My aim sucks, but luckily holding good angles aint too hard.

I kind of wish there was some advantage to using unsilenced m4 or usp because they sound so cool.

It used to do more damage unsilenced in 1.6 iirc, but too bad u don't have that choice anymore in CS:GO.

KingKong

I mean yeah, basically, but unless I'm missing something, you should be able to buy the stickers to use for this game and then sell them on the final day or after for basically the same amount you paid for them. If I remember last time they actually removed the capsules pretty quickly, so the prices might even go up

Lourio

People on marketplace really screw up with their listing prices. How does a battle scarred skin go for more than a field tested one?

Why.jpg?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
People on marketplace really screw up with their listing prices. How does a battle scarred skin go for more than a field tested one?

Why.jpg?

FT is more common than BS.

CoolS

Played with someone ranked MGE today, the enemy team consisted of mainly MG1 and II.
I thought I would get wrecked, but surprisingly I managed a respectable score. Just ranekd up to GN3 today as well.
#

Edit: the other team got carried hard during the first half. It really was insane.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Spent £20 on keys and got £3 back, why the FUCK do I do this? Never again. I keep telling myself "Oh Steve, maybe your luck will change". NOPE.

if you're going to spend money, do the Huntmsan trade-up trick.

Buy 10 of the autosnipers at ~4$ each (last I checked), do the trade up. You are guaranteed either the M4A4 or the Vulcan AK. That means for 40$ you get either a 20$ skin or a 60$ skin.

Either way you're getting a decent skin. If you're like me you sell the Vulcan for 70$ (get 60$ after steam tax), buy a redline AK or whatever cheaper skin....and only lose a teency bit of money. Use what's leftover on cases or steam games.

CoolS

Buy 10 of the autosnipers at ~4$ each (last I checked), do the trade up. You are guaranteed either the M4A4 or the Vulcan AK. That means for 40$ you get either a 20$ skin or a 60$ skin.

Either way you're getting a decent skin. If you're like me you sell the Vulcan for 70$ (get 60$ after steam tax), buy a redline AK or whatever cheaper skin....and only lose a teency bit of money. Use what's leftover on cases or steam games.
Does the trade up keep the quality of the weapons? Otherwise I don't see how this would work

udiie

Does the trade up keep the quality of the weapons? Otherwise I don't see how this would work

it doesnt, (if by quality you mean field tested, battle scarred) but it does guarantee a weapon of higher rarity so youre guaranteed not to have a burner skin and have something of value afterwards. i did this a couple times and came out on the positive end.

edit: yeah i think this explains it better (http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Trade_Up_Contract)
The contract allows players to trade 10 weapon skins of the same weapon grade from any collection for 1 new weapon skin of the next highest grade tier chosen randomly from one of the collections used. Regardless of the exteriors of the skins used, the new weapon skin's exterior will be randomly chosen. The process is sometimes called "crafting" by players.

it doesnt, (if by quality you mean field tested, battle scarred) but it does guarantee a weapon of higher rarity so youre guaranteed not to have a burner skin and have something of value afterwards. i did this a couple times and came out on the positive end.

ahh, I thought it did. Well it has for me the three times I've done it (tried it with cheap <.10 items as well)

cresto

Skins make me feel gross. I can't help but continue to spend money on it. Fucking Valve has the most genius people working there

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

The AK Vulcan is what I really want, but the bastard just wouldn't make an appearance.

Anilusion

What item is it you buy exactly?

What item is it you buy exactly?
I bought the cyrex Scar. It trades for like 3.70 at the cheapest. The Minimal wear ones were 4$ when I did it.

It has a better probability of getting a decent return in comparison to buying keys. However, if quality of trade-up items is NOT taken into account as another user says, this is still a pretty big gamble. Be wary. The cheapest Vulcan goes for like 25$ which isn't too bad.

CoolS

edit: yeah i think this explains it better (http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Trade_Up_Contract)

Well but the M4 skins are worth basically nothing in comparison to the skins you need for the trade up, and theres even some Vulcan ones that are rather cheap.

Anilusion

Yeah, seems like a decent alternative compared to buying keys. Buying 10 weapons costs 25-27€.

ZbASXCT.png

Assuming you have an equal chance at every item, there's a 40% chance of profit.

udiie

Yeah, seems like a decent alternative compared to buying keys. Buying 10 weapons costs 25-27€.
Assuming you have an equal chance at every item, there's a 40% chance of profit.

id reccommend trading to the bank collection ak47; about the same odds, but lower entry cost (4-5 dollars)
can end up with about 250% return on factory new, or lose about a dollar

Anilusion

id reccommend trading to the bank collection ak47; about the same odds, but lower entry cost (4-5 dollars)
can end up with about 250% return on factory new, or lose about a dollar

Did this, got a Field-Tested one, which apparently is the cheapest for some weird reason :p ah well, at least I have an AK now!

udiie

Did this, got a Field-Tested one, which apparently is the cheapest for some weird reason :p ah well, at least I have an AK now!
Hah I had the same happen to me but I wanted the emerald anyway lol
The good part is, if I wanna get rid of it, I'll pull back about 75% of what I spent which really isn't bad for the possibility of return
Valve has me by the balls because I want Stattrak everything.
I felt the same way until I realized the odds were just too low to open cases, and I couldn't justify 12-15 bucks for an AK skin I didn't care much for
I did bite on the usp and galil though :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have a NiP, Virtus Pro or Navi sticker spare they want to trade for my Hellraisers duplicate?

OG Kush

Got this game at launch and stopped playing after a week. Whats changed so far? Especially coming from someone who loved 1.6..

Got this game at launch and stopped playing after a week. Whats changed so far? Especially coming from someone who loved 1.6..

A LOT. It's waaaaay better than the beta. Definitely give it another weekend or two and see whether you like the changes.

It isn't 1.6, but I'm fine with that. I was never in love with it (though it's mechanically the best cs).

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
1.6 just felt right, I dunno. If I shot someone in the face they'd die, but in CS GO I sometimes sit there like "Huh? Why isn't he dead?". I don't know if the reg is worse or if it's because I always played on our top of the line servers in 1.6, and now we play on 64 tick shitters. I do seem to get really poor reg at times though, I could put it down to rusty aim but the most head scratching times are when I'm shooting someone in the back while they're not moving and just nothing seems to happen.

cresto

Does anyone here use ESEA? I have dabbled in AltPUG, but the constant leaving gets old quickly. I know ESEA is a bit different due to the subscription and karma system, but is there any form of matchmaking similar to competitive?

Just looked up my old ESEA account. I made it in 2004 :O Apparently, I am buddies with snatcch from iBP. I vaguely remember playing with him back in the day. Kinda weird. Don't really remember that far back since i was still in high school lol

Clydefrog

I got two aces last night... one of them was BADASS where I switched from AWP to AK to attack a site and clear it. Man, those moments feel so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom