• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lourio

LOL @ zombie Counter-Strike...

Just an FYI in case anyone was wondering, Stattrak weapons can't be used in the Trade-Up Contract...

:-/

soultron

Banned
LOL @ zombie Counter-Strike...

Just an FYI in case anyone was wondering, Stattrak weapons can't be used in the Trade-Up Contract...

:-/

Yeah, I discovered that last night too. I usually sell STs if I don't like them, since I know someone will pay money for them.

In other news, I'm an idiot for not figuring out the Trade Up contract sooner. I thought you had to have 10 of the exact same skin to use it. When I found out it's 10 of the same category (ex. blue or purple weapons) it opened up a whole new world. I've gotten 2 purples from it so far.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So I blocked all the servers apart from EU West to avoid Russians, and I get put with 3 French guys who didn't speak a word of English the whole game. I wish I could play from America :(

Divius

It's still such a shitty system that when a player gets disconnected his team gets punished. I just played a game where a player on the opposite team disconnected and they didn't stand a chance afterwards. Didn't help they were constantly wining and ended up kicking the entire team and the last one surrendered. That's not fun.

Clydefrog

I've got that weird feeling where I completed both my missions!

I had "win 16 rounds on cobblestone" so I queued up by myself. Took about 8 minutes to find a game. But when I did... we won 16-0. LOL

The other one was "get 30 rifle kills on casual". Good lord, casual servers are the WORST. It's just a bunch of children, literally, mic spamming and playing music.

These mission drops are breaking my spirit.

330x192

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
These mission drops are breaking my spirit.

330x192

Every single one has been worth no more than 4p. I just did 35 kills with a bloody LMG for a 4p skin, which I will get 2p from. It's just not worth the effort.

Divius

Every single one has been worth no more than 4p. I just did 35 kills with a bloody LMG for a 4p skin, which I will get 2p from. It's just not worth the effort.
Yeah! Free money from playing video games just isn't fair! *pouts*

I understand what you're saying though ;)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah! Free money from playing video games just isn't fair! *pouts*

I understand what you're saying though ;)

Maybe if I play for 50 years I'll be able to afford a can of coke with my winnings! :D

Doing this fantasy league now, turns out I had an ESL account from way back when I played. Get_Right and Scream are must haves, haven't decided on the last 3 yet.

Maybe if I play for 50 years I'll be able to afford a can of coke with my winnings! :D

Doing this fantasy league now, turns out I had an ESL account from way back when I played. Get_Right and Scream are must haves, haven't decided on the last 3 yet.

I got get right, nothing and swag and two low cost players. Not sure if it was a wise move. I've never played these things before.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I got get right, nothing and swag and two low cost players. Not sure if it was a wise move. I've never played these things before.

I had to sell Get_Right, he's just too expensive.

I went with Scream, Nothing and Snax as my heavy hitters, and my 2 cheap players are Fifflaren and Starix. I know Fifflaren gets some hate but even he can perform against Team Wolf.

Blog
The ESL One Cologne 2014 CS:GO Championship is just days away, so make sure you link your twitch.tv and Steam accounts!

When you watch a match on GOTV, or on twitch with a linked account, you’ll have a chance to receive a souvenir package commemorating the event.

Each souvenir package contains a weapon from the collection of the map that was being played (e.g., a Dust 2 Collection weapon if the teams were playing on Dust II), with a pre-applied sticker from the two competing teams, along with a special ESL One Cologne 2014 event sticker.
Souvenir packages will also be the first chance for you to find weapons from the brand new Cache collection!

Log
MISC
Updated the Challenger ESL sticker.
Team MTS Gamegod Wolf updated their sticker.
Enabled the Virtus.Pro (Holo) | Cologne 2014 sticker to be used for the Cologne Pick'Em Challenge.
Spectators can now hear the caster via GOTV on official event matches and toggle a variety of options (from the scoreboard) that allows caster to control the local user spectator experience.
Fixed an exploit that allowed players to use an sv_cheats-protected sound mixer state on non-sv_cheats game servers.
Fixed upside-down label position on butterfly knife model.
Fixed the string "X saved Y by killing Z" showing X as Z for spectators.
When a camera switches between nearby players when spectating, it now interpolates (disable via game options menu).
The spectator panel no longer goes away when the scoreboard comes up, but the player health sub panel still does.
The HUD no longer goes away when the bomb explodes for spectators/gotv viewers.
The scoreboard mouse cursor now comes up automatically when you are an HLTV spectator.
Added panels to the spectator panel that will show a variety of information about current matches during official events.
Rumor has it:
Several people are reporting being incapable of changing game settings while they're the leader of a party: if you are also affected by this, please reply to this comment
Souvenir drops have changed for Cologne.

Finally in game announcers.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
A huge step in making Counter Strike an even bigger eSport. I really can't wait until Cologne. Being able to watch the games in crystal clear 1080p with commentary is going to be great, I predict I'll be spending lots of time in my boxers watching CS on my TV.

The Famas, Galil and Five 7 skins are sexy as fuck.

One thing I'm surprised they didn't do yet. Why can't I check anything else other than inventory in the lobby?

Can't even switch options, that's absurd.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
One thing I'm surprised they didn't do yet. Why can't I check anything else other than inventory in the lobby?

Can't even switch options, that's absurd.

Yeah that shit is super annoying.

CoolS

Oh hell yeah, that caster support ingame will be sooooooo sweet. I don't dislike twitch but I have crappy internet depending which time of the day it is and even on high its sometimes a bit blurry. So yay

soultron

Banned
Got a Huntsman case today, M4A4 Desert Strike. Jesus. I need to stop spending money on cases, but getting red/orange weapons on my last few openings is going to get me hooked.

ironmang

Got a Huntsman case today, M4A4 Desert Strike. Jesus. I need to stop spending money on cases, but getting red/orange weapons on my last few openings is going to get me hooked.

I've been severely limiting the cases I'll buy keys for nowadays. Usually just the "new hotness." Most other cases just aren't worth it with even a couple red/oranges being worth less than the cost of a key.

A huge step in making Counter Strike an even bigger eSport. I really can't wait until Cologne. Being able to watch the games in crystal clear 1080p with commentary is going to be great, I predict I'll be spending lots of time in my boxers watching CS on my TV.

The Famas, Galil and Five 7 skins are sexy as fuck.

The level of interest in the game has been blowing me away lately. I just made the jump from 1.6 in January but even since then I'm noticing a lot more happening in the community. Even though I'm sure a lot of viewers have csgolounge interest, there's regularly 20-30k+ viewers for random weekday matches. There's a lot going for the game which is nice after years of 1.6 competing with shitty source for top players and viewers.

CoolS

The level of interest in the game has been blowing me away lately. I just made the jump from 1.6 in January but even since then I'm noticing a lot more happening in the community. Even though I'm sure a lot of viewers have csgolounge interest, there's regularly 20-30k+ viewers for random weekday matches. There's a lot going for the game which is nice after years of 1.6 competing with shitty source for top players and viewers.

Yup, Valve did an amazing job making GO popular and having many players make the jump. Of course skins probably play a huge role in the popularity but you know what? As long as that means there will be a lot of other people to play with and the esports scene is continiously growing, it can only be a good thing

MayMay

Banned
Several people are reporting being incapable of changing game settings while they're the leader of a party: if you are also affected by this, please reply to this comment

Happens to me every time a game ends, lobby leader has to leave so that options can be changed again. Annoying ._.

ironmang

Got a question for any of you guys that do a lot of trading. What are the best ways of trading relatively low value weapons or less desired medium value ones like Augs and such for stuff that's either tradeable (keys) or higher desired guns of the same value (awps, aks, etc).

Saw a knife in a case last night.. rolled right past me though. Hook line n sinker :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Anders and Semmler deserve a lot of credit, those guys put in a lot of work to make CS GO enjoyable to watch. And obviously Valve, they turned GO from a bag of shit (beta) to a really awesome game. Valve fixing the issue where idiots could DDos the server was a big step as well, sadly the players are still vulnerable to this and matches are often delayed or cancelled because someone didn't get enough hugs as a child.

CS GO is only getting more popular and I can't wait until it has its first $1m tournament.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm, I just tried playing and my sensitivity feels way faster after the patch? Is the happening to anyone else or am I going crazy.

Zia

LvRhOnN.png

BOUGHT A KEY TO COMMEMORATE A CLOSE DUST 2 GAME

VICTORY IS STRONG

Jesus. There's not even one for sale on the Market .

I've opened probably ten crates, with the best items being shitty StatTraks. Most were brown or tan pistols and SMGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom