• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

udiie

I'm going to try and play 2 competitive games a day, which isn't a lot to most people but I really don't game much any more. I bought GO about a year ago and played casual for a few months and then stopped playing until a week or two ago when I decided to get into competitive, a few days ago I got put into Nova 2, then I ranked to Nova 3 the next day and Nova Master the day after. I currently have 2/2 wins at NM so I should be able to rank up tomorrow God willing. I always queue solo and I haven't had a single troll on my team for awhile, so I'm sure my "no idiots" luck will run out soon. I think MGE is the goal for now, I like how it's on the 3rd row of ranks :D

pls send me some of your matchmaking luck thnx

my experience is very similar to yours, started about 2 weeks ago, got ranked as silver elite, then have ranked up quite quickly to gn2. but ive gotten tons of mm trolls :(

edit: wow that smoke defuse was hilarious omg

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently all the fans were told to leave the venue after the first map as the tickets were only valid until 10pm. What a massive slap in the face to everyone who bought tickets (£22) to support the tournament and scene in general. The event started and ended on a low note.

Apparently all the fans were told to leave the venue after the first map as the tickets were only valid until 10pm. What a massive slap in the face to everyone who bought tickets (£22) to support the tournament and scene in general. The event started and ended on a low note.

Whaaaaaaat!?

This event had many ups and downs.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
If it's a gun I don't use or a skin I dsilike I sell the sucker. Just know you can easily spend those 32 on keys and not get anything nearly as rare again.

this is my experience, fml. I should have just kept the m4a1-s cyrex

I think we won every comp game we played today, it was weird. The last two matches were complete pushovers, and so I ranked back up to my original rank, silver elite.

this is my experience, fml. I should have just kept the m4a1-s cyrex

I think we won every comp game we played today, it was weird. The last two matches were complete pushovers, and so I ranked back up to my original rank, silver elite.

lol dude that's a pricey gun.

c949096f-41fd-407e-b1ef-8ad16b10c220.jpg

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
im actually really sad this didnt turn out better for you :(

In the end I have learned, the luck system is totally not within your favor. I tried brute forcing it, surely one of them would be a butterfly knife. Wrong, I ended up digging a deeper hole. Nothing I got was as rare as that cyrex, not even close. I am confident I have opened over 100 breakout cases.

Either way, this has not soured me on the game thankfully, I may have sold (most) of my skins, but I play for the great game itself, not the drops or cases.

In the end I have learned, the luck system is totally not within your favor. I tried brute forcing it, surely one of them would be a butterfly knife. Wrong, I ended up digging a deeper hole. Nothing I got was as rare as that cyrex, not even close. I am confident I have opened over 100 breakout cases.

Either way, this has not soured me on the game thankfully, I may have sold (most) of my skins, but I play for the great game itself, not the drops or cases.

I learned by watching Tweedays unboxing videos. This guys has opened hundreds if not thousands on livestreams and youtube and there are times where he goes through 100 with nothing. I learned there never to force it. I'll keep selling the more expensive cases and buying a key or two every now and then to see if I get lucky.

I take back what I said about the mission drops, they drop so often that it's going to be trivially easy to upgrade the breakout coin. I still kind of wish they were tied to competitive wins just because it incentives people to play competitive matchmaking on maps that they wouldn't normally play comp on, and thus makes it easier to find games on them.

cresto

Welp, I had a solid couple of games this weekend and I ended on a simi-high point. I was bumped up from a Distinguished Master Guardian to a Legendary Eagle. Kind of scary considering I maybe get 1 game a night in on average

Hugstable

Banned
Ugh I've put almost 17 hours into the game since the drops reset, and haven't had a single drop whether it be a case or skin. I'm wondering if I did something wrong with not getting drops or something, but all my 17 hours have been in casual and comp and just wondering if it's just really bad luck or why I'm not getting any drops :(

Cardigan

I take back what I said about the mission drops, they drop so often that it's going to be trivially easy to upgrade the breakout coin. I still kind of wish they were tied to competitive wins just because it incentives people to play competitive matchmaking on maps that they wouldn't normally play comp on, and thus makes it easier to find games on them.

My first five mission drops were very fast, but after that they've slowed down significantly.

Ugh I've put almost 17 hours into the game since the drops reset, and haven't had a single drop whether it be a case or skin. I'm wondering if I did something wrong with not getting drops or something, but all my 17 hours have been in casual and comp and just wondering if it's just really bad luck or why I'm not getting any drops :(
The drop system is a fickle beast. At times it feels like there's no rhyme or reason to how quick/slow it is to drop.

Clydefrog

What is the most expensive item that you can get as a drop?

I saw someone get a M4A1-S Nitro last night. dat drop noise *BOOM-KASHLANK!*

Lourio

An M4A1-S Knight dropped for someone the other day; I was sooo jelly :p
Opened my 3rd Breakout Case, got myself a Supernova Stattrak P250.

God damn MIST comp. mission, win 16 rounds, feels impossible to complete...

udiie

An M4A1-S Knight dropped for someone the other day; I was sooo jelly :p
Opened my 3rd Breakout Case, got myself a Supernova Stattrak P250.

God damn MIST comp. mission, win 16 rounds, feels impossible to complete...

I had never played that map before (as well as 3 other people i got matched with) and got the mission, so me and my team in comp agreed to abuse shotguns and LMGS and we won

kasane

back then i was happy getting cases cause i can sell them for a hefty price

now it just sits in my inventory staring at my soul wanting me to open it

soultron

Banned
Wow, Overpass is actually playable in Comp now. Lots of new paths added since it first came out.

We got rocked hard as CTs and then came back to tie it. It feels bit T sided still.

CoolS

Wow, Overpass is actually playable in Comp now. Lots of new paths added since it first came out.

We got rocked hard as CTs and then came back to tie it. It feels bit T sided still.

Just playe it by chance as well. We absolutely dominated them as T and won 16-6 in the end. Seems a bit T sided, but if the continue taking in the feedback from pros it will be a great map. I really really like it.

I'm more hyped for ESL Cologne than any other GO tournament so far. Getting two new(ish) maps is going to be great. Can't wait to see how the pros handle them. Even if they aren't perfectly developed yet, games should till be fun. Competitive CS was awesome long before maps and metas were perfected. <3 eoL beasting everyone on old cbble.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I feel so dirty, I just got promoted to MG1 and I really didn't deserve it the way I played, I'd say that's the worst I've played in 10 years. The other team weren't even good (MG1/MG2) but I just couldn't hit the backside of a barn. We ended up drawing which was enough to get promoted. I know I said I wanted to play 2 games a day but fuck that lol, I need to wash the fail off my body.

Where the fuck is my ten year coin Valve?

Steam has only been tracking playtime for around 8 years I believe, so you just gotta wait a couple of years.

I feel so dirty, I just got promoted to MG1 and I really didn't deserve it the way I played, I'd say that's the worst I've played in 10 years. The other team weren't even good (MG1/MG2) but I just couldn't hit the backside of a barn. We ended up drawing which was enough to get promoted. I know I said I wanted to play 2 games a day but fuck that lol, I need to wash the fail off my body.

I'm living proof that you can play like an idiot and still get to MG2. I was even a double AK for like 3 games.

I see, thanks. Do missions count towards the drop cap, or only chests/skins?
Mission drops do count towards your drops for the week (the missions themselves, not rewards for completing them). And it's most definitely not a hard cap of 4 or anything. I think the most I've gotten in a week before was 7 or so. Might have actually hit 8 once.

mkenyon

Banned
Probably OFN, but http://twowordbird.com/csgo/spraylab.html

Using that, I made this handy comparison.

GI8KZJg.png

I also found out the following interesting info.

Discounting headshots, and only looking at UNARMORED Arm/Torso/Pelvis/Abdomen shots, the Bizon and P90 both require 4 shots to kill. The P90 does it in .28 seconds, the Bizon in .32. Bizon has a better 4 round spray pattern.

That being the case, and the fact that it's $1000 cheaper, that makes the Bizon a seemingly clear winner for a round 2 win against certain eco rounds. It also nets you a higher kill reward, and combined with the $1000 cheaper price, helps you hedge against a possible loss.

Also, the M4 Silenced has a larger spray pattern than unsilenced. The myth that silenced is more accurate is not true.

So after putting some time into Operation Breakout here is my thoughts on the maps:

Pretty Good:

Overgrown: This just seems like a solid well designed map that plays good in 5v5. Not too many routes and adheres to the a-side, b-side, mid with connectors pretty well. Like it.

Mist: I like this but it does have some gimmicky stuff like the tower, and I think the verticality of it really throws people off and makes it seem confusing. There are also sightlines like in the shaft area that really take some time to get used to. However I think its the 2nd solid competitive map that is good for 5v5 in the operation.

Good:

Black Gold: I enjoy playing this in casual but I really think it is just very visually busy and the rafters and open areas make it really difficult to hold areas. It almost makes it seem a bit 'random', as people can come from almost any direction and level. Still, enjoying it.

Castle: It's a pretty simple map, has some unneeded areas but it's still enjoyable. Might be too big for 5v5 but works good in casual.

Bad:

Insertion: I hate playing this, it's like the opposite of what a CS map should be. Wide open areas with people coming from literally any direction that you can't predict. The only way to play safe on T side is just camp the houses which is boring, and the houses are too cramped anyway.

Rush: Can't see anything on this map and it's an AWPers wet dream. Do not like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom