• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

DryvBy

PlayStation 3 user here. So I have a mouse/keyboard (duh) but the game is not recognizing my mouse which is a Microsoft Sidewinder. The PlayStation does but the game finds it unresponsive. Any help?

rCIZZLE

Nothing has changed since Source, it's just random running around and spraying.

If you're serious about the game and want to play with a much higher concentration of good people then check out ESEA. Better servers than you'll find through the client, anti-cheat support, league support, etc. Very much worth the $6-7 per month.

Smokey

something seems off here..the feedback from shooting somebody doesnt seem right

i sit there and crouch and unload a clip into somebody yet doesnt even appear that i am hitting them..

Mileena

Banned
If you're serious about the game and want to play with a much higher concentration of good people then check out ESEA. Better servers than you'll find through the client, anti-cheat support, league support, etc. Very much worth the $6-7 per month.

QSbD2.gif

I know what ESEA is

Djamb3

something seems off here..the feedback from shooting somebody doesnt seem right

i sit there and crouch and unload a clip into somebody yet doesnt even appear that i am hitting them..

This is not cod, you can't just spray and hope every bullet goes straight

here's a youtube history of counter-strike video. Not exactly comprehensive in the slightest, and I could barely hear him on my works laptop speakers, but interesting nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBuh0de-oK4&hd=1
man, i was really hoping to reminisce on the early betas, but this video was pretty much a 1.3 vs 1.6 comparison. barely even touched source. would've been nice to at least started 1.0. seems very brief, as if this guy hasn't even played the earlier versions pre-1.6.

i've played it since the very first beta, but beta 5 and 6 was when i really started to get addicted. beta 7.1 was soooo good.

rCIZZLE

People can't play games that don't give you a gigantic X in the middle of the screen when your bullets make contact anymore.

To be fair, 1.6 didn't really need an X for contact to be known. Contrast between models and surroundings and the obvious blood splatters and character flinches gave it away. It's a lot harder to tell if you hit someone in source or GO if you have the video settings set to minimum, like I do.

antitrop

To be fair, 1.6 didn't really need an X for contact to be known. Contrast between models and surroundings and the obvious blood splatters and character flinches gave it away. It's a lot harder to tell if you hit someone in source or GO if you have the video settings set to minimum, like I do.
I actually won't disagree with this, but it can be said that it requires a certain amount of perception to notice something like that. Rather than just a gigantic X directly in the middle of your crosshairs where 99% of your attention is focused on in a first person shooter.

feel

About the reticule, are you guys playing with the Classic one or the new one?? I found the new one ugly when I first tried the beta a while back and switched to Classic and never went back, but I wonder if I'm getting screwed over by my adversaries possibly having better recoil feedback than me.

antitrop

About the reticule, around you guys playing with the Classic one or the new one?? I found the new one ugly when I first tried the beta a while back and switched to Classic and never went back, but I wonder if I'm getting screwed over by my adversaries possibly having better recoil feedback than me.
As a 12-year CS veteran I consider the new reticle a minor improvement, but it doesn't affect my play at all.

It's subjective, though and they have both to easily switch between based on preference, so it's really a non-issue.

Veezy

que?
Love the game for the bit of time I've played it. I'm veezybaby on Steam if you want to add me. I'm terrible, but my voice over chat isn't weird and I take orders well.

rCIZZLE

About the reticule, around you guys playing with the Classic one or the new one?? I found the new one ugly when I first tried the beta a while back and switched to Classic and never went back, but I wonder if I'm getting screwed over by my adversaries possibly having better recoil feedback than me.

Never had a problem with classic and the new one is distracting anyways. Think of ret (assuming dynamic is off) as a watermark that just tells you where the center of the screen is. Doesn't affect the gameplay mechanics at all.

s7evn

I put on the classic and made it super small.

Just started playing today and it's been fun so far. Managed to knife 3 guys in a line one round because they all seemed to ignore their radar which was rad. However what the fuck is up with the neon-pink and black check wallpaper in dust 2? The texture destroys my eyes.

rCIZZLE

Just started playing today and it's been fun so far. Managed to knife 3 guys in a line one round because they all seemed to ignore their radar which was rad. However what the fuck is up with the neon-pink and black check wallpaper in dust 2? The texture destroys my eyes.

Sounds like your GPU may be overheating.

redhot_

Played a few hours on PS3, Arms Race seems to lag or have horrible frame at times. Its also full of P90 pray and spray noobs lol.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Goddamn, just played for 3 hours without even realizing it. So much fun to play CS again. It's refreshingly simple compared to most modern MP games and shooting feels as great as ever. Playing on PS3 and it plays better than expected with a controller, although the framerate can tank in Arms Race or when playing with bots. Normal games are smooth though. Trophies aren't bad either (except for winning Arms Race without dying, that's impossible). Got 48% in one sitting without noticing.

antitrop

Sounds like your GPU may be overheating.
I've seen other people complain about this exact same issue (although I haven't run into it myself). It's probably just a texture that failed to load properly, I doubt it's as serious as a GPU failure.

Xero

A texture didn't load right. This would happen all the time on custom maps, where for some reason some textures didn't load right.

So can you get the trophies offline and against bots and stuff? Information on the trophies is sparse but once I learn more I'm going to pull the trigger.

Try verifying the integrity of the game cache. That usually happens when a texture can't be found in Source games.

frame rate looks pretty bad on PS3, even during normal shoot outs....what a shame. I will confirm it tomorrow cause I have only seen youtube vids so far.

FLEABttn

Banned
frame rate looks pretty bad on PS3, even during normal shoot outs....what a shame. I will confirm it tomorrow cause I have only seen youtube vids so far.

It's manageable, in general, but unimpressive. I mean, I was running source at basically 60fps back in 2004 with giving little up to get there. There's probably something I'm not I'm not giving full credit to, graphically, and yes it's a graphical improvement, but I'm underwhelmed. Especially considering that it's not 30fps locked, to my eyes at least.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So can you get the trophies offline and against bots and stuff? Information on the trophies is sparse but once I learn more I'm going to pull the trigger.
Yep, you can get trophies against bots.

The framerate is smooth in normal games, it only gets choppy in Arms Race and with bots.

It's manageable, in general, but unimpressive. I mean, I was running source at basically 60fps back in 2004 with giving little up to get there. There's probably something I'm not I'm not giving full credit to, graphically, and yes it's a graphical improvement, but I'm underwhelmed. Especially considering that it's not 30fps locked, to my eyes at least.

Just another engine that runs like complete shit on PS3. Sony stuff aside, PS3 has been a complete disaster in the hands of third parties. No wonder why Valve hasn't shown Half Life 3 yet, they are waiting for better consoles!

oh well, I will check it out tomorrow.

Yep, you can get trophies against bots.

The framerate is smooth in normal games, it only gets choppy in Arms Race and with bots.

hm didn't look that great in youtube vids, but I will check it out tomorrow for sure.

Having some PS3 issues. Using kbam (Lycosa + G9x).
Forward (W) getting stuck, and not even backing out to the main menu fixes it. Restarted.
Then my keyboard wasn't recognized for some reason. Restarted.
Game just locked up on me when trying to exit a public match. Reboot system.
Mmm.

So I was never a fan of the competitive nature of CS:S. The way some people obsessively memorize the maps and the hitbox locations didn't make the game fun for me.

Is this version going to be worth it for me or more of the same?

KPunk

So I was never a fan of the competitive nature of CS:S. The way some people obsessively memorize the maps and the hitbox locations didn't make the game fun for me.

at first it was more or less the same. but since the most recent beta patch and the official release. the game feels a lot more like 1.6 as far as recoil and hitbox etc. its none of that spray and pray source crap. as a old time CS player, i am honestly really enjoying GO. that being said the game is still very competitive and feels like CS. if you didn't like it before you probably wont like it now.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!

they've added some new modes to appeal to a more casual crowd so I would give it a shot. But I wouldn't expect a big difference to be honest. If you're not a competitive gamer, steer clear of CS imo.

trinest

Thinking of picking up the Xbox version when ever its up. I bought the final steam one, but my computer runs it like shit.

Mileena

Banned
This game is so depressing. I didn't play the beta for months to see if they could improve it and it's still just awful. These Source hitboxes are just complete shit and the AK/M4 still don't feel good recoil-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom