• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haroon

So who are you all betting on for tomorrow? lol
I probably won't get any sweet weapons, but I wanted to bet anyways to get something out of it.
Yvoxp6F.png

Clydefrog

May I ask why?

the other team, planetkey, apparently has a russian guy (cly) who has been vacbanned before and questioned many times before that.

this game is going to be played via LAN instead of online so hacking is out of the question.

don't take my word for it but i'm not moving my bet. just $15 on mtw

Omega

Banned
i wish i had good enough skins to make an upset bet worth something. i could bet $.02 skins and hope for the best i guess

Apparently having Raw Input off with 6/11 Windows Mouse sens is the best way to go for CS GO. From what I read, Raw input adds input lag.

Not sure if it's placebo, but I tried it out and it felt better.

Haroon

Apparently having Raw Input off with 6/11 Windows Mouse sens is the best way to go for CS GO. From what I read, Raw input adds input lag.

Not sure if it's placebo, but I tried it out and it felt better.

Ah, I did not know about this. This probably means that the mousefix is the best option?

chessnut

the other team, planetkey, apparently has a russian guy (cly) who has been vacbanned before and questioned many times before that.

this game is going to be played via LAN instead of online so hacking is out of the question.

don't take my word for it but i'm not moving my bet. just $15 on mtw

Yeah but planetkey went to dreamhack valencia and they had decent results. cly didn't cheat in a league game (i think), he's still a decent player. If anything, he will be motivated to bring his A game to prove to everyone that he doesn't need cheats

Ah, I did not know about this. This probably means that the mousefix is the best option?

I think as long as you turned off all sorts of mouse acceleration in CS GO config and windows with the sens of 6/11, it'll be the best option to have raw input off.

I know Shroud from C9 doesn't use raw input and he stated that if you have 6/11 with no enhance pointer precision, it should be nearly the same.

According to redditors, 4/5 Nip members have the Raw input option off in CS GO.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/1f8km4/csgo_raw_input_faulty/

Edit: I'll try out Mousefix tomorrow.

ChrisW

So played my first ever competitive match last night and I was on fire, best match of CS GO I've ever played I got MVP 5 times, 25-15 (best K/D ratio) and we won.

I thought I must be playing against similar skill to me, but looking at people coins showed me there were some pretty good people playing!

Does anyone know the native dpi of the Roccat kone pure btw, I'm playing on mac so it's difficult to find this info out and I can only use the top buttons to change dpi and software isn't for mac :(

spk

The raw input being bugged thing is old and has never been proven. It doesn't add input lag that's not how raw input works...

http://www.hltv.org/forum/464795-m-rawinput-1-is-not-bugged

Having it on will be more consistent because your sens wont be affected by FPS fluctuation. Use what you want but NiP having it off doesn't mean anything. New players should just play and not worry about what Pros do

more info about settings here http://www.overclock.net/t/1405271/regarding-mouse-optimization

Well, if finally happened, hit Master Guardian and now the struggle is real, espically on T side. Still I'm happy to be only two ranks below my inital goal and only in a few months as well.

The raw input being bugged thing is old and has never been proven. It doesn't add input lag that's not how raw input works...

http://www.hltv.org/forum/464795-m-rawinput-1-is-not-bugged

Having it on will be more consistent because your sens wont be affected by FPS fluctuation. Use what you want but NiP having it off doesn't mean anything. New players should just play and not worry about what Pros do

more info about settings here http://www.overclock.net/t/1405271/regarding-mouse-optimization

Those links explain the detail of raw input, but doesn't explain much on why certain players feel like it's more laggy with it on with CS GO. Plenty of ESEA players posted that it feels much better with it off.

Regardless I'll just use it with it off and use Markc window's fix.

Xizk

Thanks for the mouse talk; I noticed I had mouse accel on in windows, feels much better now that it's off. I tried playing with raw input on and off and having it on felt a bit better. I need to test it more.

Divius

I was without internet for a day, let's check my winnings for the dAT game.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

edit: I actually went on the market and bought skins specifically to bet on dAT.

spk

Those links explain the detail of raw input, but doesn't explain much on why certain players feel like it's more laggy with it on with CS GO. Plenty of ESEA players posted that it feels much better with it off.

Regardless I'll just use it with it off and use Markc window's fix.

Because the "different" feeling is not lag

Controversy over added input latency or smoothing effect reported by users: Raw input regardless of game engine will almost always buffer polled rate faster than that of the average frame rate you pull in game. There may be an “unconnected” feeling for many users as movement is no longer based on in-game fps.

The only time where this is not the case is if you happen to use a lower polled mouse rate and render in-game frames at or above your buffered setting.

Did you feel it was "laggy" before you read all that rumor

Haroon

I was without internet for a day, let's check my winnings for the dAT game.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

edit: I actually went on the market and bought skins specifically to bet on dAT.

It will be okay. The Person had it in the bag all along.

ChrisW

Can you only place beta with certain items? Cause I just bought some 0.03 items to place on ducks but it can't find anything in my backpack, says my profile might not be public, but it is

ViviOggi

Can you only place beta with certain items? Cause I just bought some 0.03 items to place on ducks but it can't find anything in my backpack, says my profile might not be public, but it is

Chances of winning the lottery are higher than getting a bet in after the games have started.

Also there's no way in hell Ducks take this, better save that stuff for a more realistic upset.

Arucardo

Chances of winning the lottery are higher than getting a bet in after the games have started.

Also there's no way in hell Ducks take this, better save that stuff for a more realistic upset.

Says the guy who just lost his AK ;) heh heh heh.

don't get mad :D

Shadownet

Banned
Just won the following that's worth mentioning.

Stat Track Nova Koi (New)
SCAR-20 Cyrex (New)
M4A4 Bullet Rain (Tested)

All 3 skins that I wanted.

I should quit while I'm ahead.

Arucardo

Hasn't started yet though, or do you need beta in a while before the game?

What he means is there's so much traffic on the site and the steam market that you'll be unlikely to get a bet in this late, especially without a dedicated bot (that you can buy from the site, but even that often won't help much when there's heavy traffic).

The easiest way to bet is to put skins on matches that are considered "easy wins" and when it's over don't get your returns and winnings traded back to you on steam, keep them on the site so you can bet them again without having to do any trading. Makes betting even in high traffic situations possible.

ViviOggi

Says the guy who just lost his AK ;) heh heh heh.

don't get mad :D

rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif

It was just a $1.60 AK I bought for betting anyway. I didn't expect much going in and you could definitely see mTw flare up in a few rounds, in the end they were just too inconsistent. Win some, lose some, but I really should have gone with my gut feeling and stayed the fuck away from that game.

Hasn't started yet though, or do you need beta in a while before the game?
It's not about the specific game you want to bet on, you can generally flush the entire site down the toiled a few hours before the first game of the day begins.

ViviOggi

What he means is there's so much traffic on the site and the steam market that you'll be unlikely to get a bet in this late, especially without a dedicated bot (that you can buy from the site, but even that often won't help much when there's heavy traffic).

You can't even get a dedicated bot since they've disabled donations lol, site's such a mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom