• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

soultron

Banned
Let's do this.
Ssw7VAs.png

Fjordson

I gotta say I hate the people on Twitch streams. Everyone is a troll, boasting when their team is ahead, and then shutting up when they're losing.

Hate this phrase. "ez skins ez life." Skins are never easy. Nothing is a sure bet.

I dislike humanity sometimes.
I've seen chats on some streamers I follow that are pretty funny, but when it's a big event (like competitive Dota or CS or something) it's basically 100% awful.

impact

Banned
twitch really is the lowest common denominator, alongside most of hltv. I find the term ez skinz ez lyfe humorous in an ironic way because it's so stupid.

same. I'm pretty sure everyone knows it's a joke/troll on the people who lost their skins lol

I find people who play music on their ingame mics the worst among the whole CSGO community

ChrisW

Think I need to start spending less time on this on evening, I'm on for like 4 hours a time and I'm getting tired then playing crap, I should stick to two hours and then take a break.

Apparently regular breaks are good for muscle memory too

Mr.Mike

Think I need to start spending less time on this on evening, I'm on for like 4 hours a time and I'm getting tired then playing crap, I should stick to two hours and then take a break.

Apparently regular breaks are good for muscle memory too

I try not to play more than 2-3 matches at a time, as I start to get tired and can't play as well. Usually I do warm ups in death match for a bit and then play two games of MM. A third if I'm doing really well.

Wunder

I try not to play more than 2-3 matches at a time, and I start to get tired and can't play as well. Usually I do warm ups in death match for a bit and then play two games of MM. A third if I'm doing really well.

yeah, thats pretty much what I do as well. I've stopped warming up as much too, which has led to mixed results. Sometimes I'll warm up if I know I'll be playing like 3-4 games. If it's just 1 or 2 i'll just jump right in

Omega

Banned
Man solo queue can just be soul crushing sometimes. Unfortunately that's the way I play most of the time.

it really is.

i don't play solo in any other game. no matter how much i might like it i'll never solo queue. just goes to show how good this game is

if you guys are betting on Fnatic vs VP, who are you betting on, and how much? I'm thinking about going all in on Fnatic.

it really is.

i don't play solo in any other game. no matter how much i might like it i'll never solo queue. just goes to show how good this game is

if you guys are betting on Fnatic vs VP, who are you betting on, and how much? I'm thinking about going all in on Fnatic.

I'm going for Fnatic, but I wouldn't count my opinion for much. I'm terrible on my bets.

15-15 on insertion.. 2 fuckin boosters carried their team with 30 kills each. Had to play a whole 'nother match to get a battle scarred indigo mac10. praise gaben

ironmang

Funny how the ranking system works. Have an average game then a bad game where we win both close and rank up to LEM. Drop a 30 bomb in a close loss and rank down.

Robot Pants

Man I want to sell my knives for real money but it's such a hard process. Valve should make a real money auction house but I see why they don't.

Shadownet

Banned
Probably a super long shot but. If anyone has an M4A1 Cyrex (FN-MW) or a Guardian (FN-MW) they want to sell. Please Pm me. Been looking for one and I rather buy it from GAF.

CoolS

On the topic of warmup: I often don't warm up enough, which can be felt in the first competitive match then. Most of the time, for like 5-7 rounds I can't hit shit, untill I suddenly get better and play like my usual self.

I still wish there was casual MM with like 7vs7 at the most. While DM is good for aiming, it sucks for playing like you would in actual games because you get killed from behind all the time. And casual sucks because people just play plain stupid.

On the topic of warmup: I often don't warm up enough, which can be felt in the first competitive match then. Most of the time, for like 5-7 rounds I can't hit shit, untill I suddenly get better and play like my usual self.

I still wish there was casual MM with like 7vs7 at the most. While DM is good for aiming, it sucks for playing like you would in actual games because you get killed from behind all the time. And casual sucks because people just play plain stupid.

Something along the same line of thought, but I wish we could play DM against people of a similar rank. Not in the sense that it changes your rank, but allows you to match up against people of a similar rank.

Shadownet

Banned
Nice one, I keep checking market for people putting items on for way under value

Oh no. That guy was asking $47 for it. But I added him, and talked to him. I told him what if I give you a bunch of things that equal the value for his Guardian?

Anyway, he ended up asking for the following.

M4A1 Guardian (FN) - $14
AK First Class (FN) - $7
P2000 Guardian (FN) - $7
and a copy of CS:GO. (actually cost $15 but I bought it from a russian for - $8)

So $36 total and traded for a $47 gun. :D we're both happy with what we got so I didn't tell him.

Haroon

Man, what a horrible day. I lose all of my best skins to a bet, and Dead Rising 3 turns out to be a bad port :\ I hope it does not get any worse.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I managed to trade my butterfly case hardened for a ST M9 case hardened

Used to think karambit was best, but I dunno the M9 is a badass looking knife
CH M9 is a real beauty.

Divius

Just had a round on Inferno where a teammate disconnected after 2 rounds, and we were getting our asses kicked and ready to surrender when he returned just in time. We managed to turn it around even though it required me to pick up an awp (which I hate) but the win felt pretty good. Had to mute all my teammates (rus/ukr) except for 1 guy (nor) who just relayed their useful information to me while I could block out the namecalling, screaming and foreign language gibberish. Also worth noting we won 3 rounds on eco, lol.

Also; KZ vs B&H; anyone got any ideas on this one? I don't know the teams nor what to expect. I do want to place a bet on it though.

cHinzo

Ye I would like a 'rankless' 5 vs 5 or 7 vs 7 queue in CS:GO. Or at least one with a hidden rank, so you can practice in the same environment as the ranked MM games. Practicing in public servers sucks...

943e3c8c5a.jpg

Shadownet

Banned
Ye I would like a 'rankless' 5 vs 5 or 7 vs 7 queue in CS:GO. Or at least one with a hidden rank, so you can practice in the same environment as the ranked MM games. Practicing in public servers sucks...

All those AWPs and they still can't even hit one guy through the double doors.

I agree. A rankless 5v5 or 7v7 would be fun. Sometimes you just wanna play competitive but without having to worry about deranking and you can play with your 6 other friends.

ChrisW

Just had a round on Inferno where a teammate disconnected after 2 rounds, and we were getting our asses kicked and ready to surrender when he returned just in time. We managed to turn it around even though it required me to pick up an awp (which I hate) but the win felt pretty good. Had to mute all my teammates (rus/ukr) except for 1 guy (nor) who just relayed their useful information to me while I could block out the namecalling, screaming and foreign language gibberish. Also worth noting we won 3 rounds on eco, lol.

Also; KZ vs B&H; anyone got any ideas on this one? I don't know the teams nor what to expect. I do want to place a bet on it though.

I've gone with KZ only made a small bet though and then I've gone with VP on later match

Cardigan

Seems like a 50-50 matchup to me. KZ has Adren from HellRaisers, but his ping is always shit when playing online. If the rest of the team has 100+ ping, that would be concerning to me. BH has Pita (NiP coach), so I think that has to count for something. I don't feel very confident about either side so I might just skip out on this one.

PriitV

I'm a silver 3 playing against other silvers, there's just so much time to place your crosshair on their heads whilst they panic when seeing an enemy.

Seems like a 50-50 matchup to me. KZ has Adren from HellRaisers, but his ping is always shit when playing online. If the rest of the team has 100+ ping, that would be concerning to me. BH has Pita (NiP coach), so I think that has to count for something. I don't feel very confident about either side so I might just skip out on this one.

Adren is not playing

Messiah

Man I can't wait to get away from silver/nova entirely so I never have to run into smurf teams and intentional derankers again. Those games make the easy ones you describe not worth it!

And then you run into cheaters as often as you used to run into derankers. There is no escape.

PriitV

Just played a game with 4 friends against golden ak's and higher, they said I did 'ok but I think they secretly hate me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom