• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardigan

highfive.gif

These odds though....

Yeah, I don't trust mouz on LAN. Going to place a small crap skin on planetkey.

cHinzo

78f19fe306.jpg

Won an AWP Boom Factory New (42 value :D), AK Redline Field Tested and a Deagle Conspiracy Factory New together with some other crap from the Planetkey game. Trying to build up my bank again after the 200 value loss from yesterday hehe. :D Which means no more 90-10 bets for me for a while. :C

Shadownet

Banned
I bet $1 on Planet. Will get $6.50 in return. I would call that a win if they win. Hopefully someone else bet bigger than I did lol

Divius

I put 8 cents on planetkey. Go big or go home, right?

edit: Do you guys think we need a separate CSGO betting thread? Most of the talk in here seems to be about betting lately, but remove that and this thread may die.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

edit: Do you guys think we need a separate CSGO betting thread? Most of the talk in here seems to be about betting lately, but remove that and this thread may die.

It's getting a bit monotonous seeing nearly every post in here being about betting, so yeah, maybe a separate thread would't be a bad idea.

Arucardo

I've got 1.55 value on PK :p and no I don't think betting is worth having a separate thread for, don't see the harm in bet discussion keeping this thread up there on the community side.

It's getting a bit monotonous seeing nearly every post in here being about betting, so yeah, maybe a separate thread would't be a bad idea.

It's not drowning out the other discussion though, not in my opinion at least.

ViviOggi

If mouz don't pull themselves the fuck together I'll lose everything I pulled from yesterday's upset and then some. Then again that's peanuts to some high stakes players here :p Fnatic save me

I'd be totally fine with a separate thread but the underlined is a real concern.

Sajjaja

No, I like it the way it is.

Divius

As long as it is as much about the matches being played as it is about stuff people have bet, I think keeping it in the same thread should be okay.

ChrisW

So after watching some of frankieonPC's videos I've noticed that I move my crossair up and down way too much instead of keeping it slightly pointed upwards and just moving it left to right, to get the head shots, I'll give it a shot this evening to see if it helps!

Any other tips you guys have for a bit of a newb? I've only got about 30 hours in game so far

Arucardo

So after watching some of frankieonPC's videos I've noticed that I move my crossair up and down way too much instead of keeping it slightly pointed upwards and just moving it left to right, to get the head shots, I'll give it a shot this evening to see if it helps!

Any other tips you guys have for a bit of a newb? I've only got about 30 hours in game so far

Keep your crosshair where you expect your opponents head to be. The biggest mistake I see from new players in most fps' is that their crosshair is pointed at the ground or too high up so when they go against someone they always need to move their aim over and they miss out on easy kills that you can get with some anticipation.

Also, when rounding corners try to have your crosshair aiming "behind the corner" or right on the corner, so when you strafe around the corner you'll have your aim ready when you see what's behind it.

When you're in the opposite situation and expect an enemy to come around a corner don't have your crosshair too close to the corner, give yourself some room to react. Unless you're incredibly confident in your reaction time it's best to leave some room between the crosshair and the corner.

Divius

Even though mouse should probably win this game because of their great CT side I really do hope planetkey just takes it.

edit: mirage it is

ChrisW

ok next two questions, my mouse goes up to 8,200 DPI, is it better to have a super high DPI and turn down sensitivity in the game or try get a mid range for both?

ironmang

I think I just developed a crush on Lauren Scott..
My taste in girls are probably below average. But I think she's cute.

She's plenty attractive. Nothing wrong with your taste. Though it feels wrong even talking about her after seeing some pretty ugly stream chat this past couple hours.

Wunder

Pansy is a super cool caster. Sadly even though she's been in the FPS scene for ages, people still don't give her enough credit and/or have the courtesy to treat her the way one would treat almost any other caster in the scene. Her stream is pretty funny too, although she doesn't stream with a lot of regularity.

Pansy is a super cool caster. Sadly even though she's been in the FPS scene for ages, people still don't give her enough credit and/or have the courtesy to treat her the way one would treat almost any other caster in the scene. Her stream is pretty funny too, although she doesn't stream with a lot of regularity.

Agreed. She's been around a while. Pretty knowledgeable. She's a good caster

Shadownet

Banned
I gotta say I hate the people on Twitch streams. Everyone is a troll, boasting when their team is ahead, and then shutting up when they're losing.

Hate this phrase. "ez skins ez life." Skins are never easy. Nothing is a sure bet.

I dislike humanity sometimes.

ViviOggi

I gotta say I hate the people on Twitch streams. Everyone is a troll, boasting when their team is ahead, and then shutting up when they're losing.

Hate this phrase. "ez skins ez life."

That's the good part though. Twitch chat is basically everybody's unfiltered id united in spam, you need to learn to embrace the stupidity (and ignore the misogynistic and homophobic shit that sadly pops up once in a while).

And yeah, Pansy is doing a great job, haven't seen her before. I really like her casting style, very fluid and varied flexion.

CoolS

Hate this phrase. "ez skins ez life." Skins are never easy. Nothing is a sure bet.

That's why I never ever view the chat on twitch CS games anymore. Even the subscriber only chats are really bad.

CoolS

Mouz is so inconsistent, it's not even funny. They have days where they beat everyone including NiP, and then this. Good thing I didn't beton threm today because I only had one skin left and wouldn't have gotten something back even if they won.

Arucardo

Made some good bets today, haha. Both glad and disappointed that I didn't bet more on PKD because that was intense :D

Fnatic vs Mouz not looking too good for mouz

twitch really is the lowest common denominator, alongside most of hltv. I find the term ez skinz ez lyfe humorous in an ironic way because it's so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom