• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping most successful cheaters would float past the AK ranks... Is that not so?

I've never run into cheaters (that I know of) in the AK ranks. but plenty of people who kick and scream about them.
I figure there's just a lot of people that can't believe there are players out there with superior game sense and/or mechanical competence, and would rather blame their loss on "cheaters" than admit that they might not be as good as they think.

That's not to say there aren't cheaters at that level, there obviously are. But the amount of cheaters vs. the amount of whiners seem to be on an inverse scale.

Divius

I couldn't help myself... I'm a proud owner of a Pro90 Asiimov (factory new) now..
Cool! Very sexy gun. I wish you many spraydowns with it.

edit: won both my bets today. Didn't get to see the matches unfortunately. I've got a small bet on OG for the next game but honestly I doubt they will cause an upset so I'll probably just switch to VP.

impact

Banned
That will never be a problem for most people. lol

It's really not that hard if you're a smart better. A month ago I had a shitty gut knife worth hardly anything, now I've bet, won and traded enough to (almost) have any knife. Of course now I don't have very much value in skins anymore, but that's easy to work back up through smart betting as well. CSGL is one of the best things to happen to this game imo.

Shadownet

Banned
It's really not that hard if you're a smart better. A month ago I had a shitty gut knife worth hardly anything, now I've bet, won and traded enough to (almost) have any knife. Of course now I don't have very much value in skins anymore, but that's easy to work back up through smart betting as well. CSGL is one of the best things to happen to this game imo.

how do you bet smart?

cHinzo

2cf392d91e.png

Whoop whoop, thanks B&H. :D

garath

Anyone else having troubles placing a bet? It's my first try at it and it says my profile isn't public though it is. Just server load?

how do you bet smart?

do research on teams, their history. Bet on skewed odds. People on CSGL aren't professionals, many times odds on CSGL are 80:20 when then should be 70:30. Or 60:40 when they're probably more like 70:30. On the 60:40 game, you bet on the 60 team and take the extra payout. because people think it's a much closer game than you think it is.

ViviOggi

Anyone else having troubles placing a bet? It's my first try at it and it says my profile isn't public though it is. Just server load?
Yep, you'd have to be insanely lucky to get a bet in once the games for the day have started. The other day I tried for three hours in the evening while doing other stuff on the side, no dice.

Divius

Amazing play from OG on their CT side, absolutely crazy. Beautiful to watch how VP could not figure out how to push through their defenses.

Of course I lost all my skins, again, so I'm starting from scratch, again.

Sajjaja

Not mine but.................jesus....
77176170232851cd8298632c9d36cea3.png

http://gyazo.com/77176170232851cd8298632c9d36cea3

pls. i want tips betting.

garath

Yep, you'd have to be insanely lucky to get a bet in once the games for the day have started. The other day I tried for three hours in the evening while doing other stuff on the side, no dice.

Ah thanks. Just wanted to make sure I had it all together. I'll try again tomorrow morning.

Haroon

It sure is amazing to see that each time we win a match, people call me a hacker. They don't even consider the fact that the individual might be better than them.

Uriah

It sure is amazing to see that each time we win a match, people call me a hacker. They don't even consider the fact that the individual might be better than them.

Sounds like something a hacker would say

I kid
Or not?

MayMay

Banned
Not mine but.................jesus....

Oh my god, if that'd happen to me I'd retire from CSGO and become fulltime gambler lol.

I'm thinking about buying myself a nice item or two, Stattrak AK Redline or/and a Stattrak AWP Redline just because I love the look of those (and they're my most used weapons). But I'd probably be stupid and use them for bets -> lose them. I already lost all my items once, betting on "safe" bets - so I'm really unlucky lol

cHinzo

better to ask chinzo LOL but my best advice is don't bet on americans

Probably going for A51 tonight. I've lost all my bets on de_season so dnno how much value u can put on my bet lol: -220 on the rigged iBP vs Netcode game and a small -10 underdoge bet on NCG vs C9. :"D
and guess what, every game tonight is on de_season. It's cursed I tell ya. T_T

Any tips on learning good smoke/flashbang spots?

Can you recommend any channels in particular?

I really like adreN's channel.

Oh my god, if that'd happen to me I'd retire from CSGO and become fulltime gambler lol.

I'm thinking about buying myself a nice item or two, Stattrak AK Redline or/and a Stattrak AWP Redline just because I love the look of those (and they're my most used weapons). But I'd probably be stupid and use them for bets -> lose them. I already lost all my items once, betting on "safe" bets - so I'm really unlucky lol

you don't bet on 'safe bets'. You make bets on matches that give you +Expected Value. That arises from Odds that don't match the reality of the game. This is a better way of expecting EV: http://www.cardschat.com/poker-odds-expected-value.php

impact

Banned
Just won medium on elevate. Hard to trust them with a high bet anymore to be honest, but NCG are just awful so I felt confident in the odds.

chessnut

Finally won big, still recovering from my huge shit streak 2-4 weeks prior though.

What do you guys think about vp vs fnatic and germany vs finland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom