• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

Just won medium on elevate. Hard to trust them with a high bet anymore to be honest, but NCG are just awful so I felt confident in the odds.

You know, I was going to bet for the first time on that game in elevates favour but the bots were offline. I tried twice and the bots were offline. Figured it was a sign to not do it. Come back and they won =/ Nothing lost I guess.

I feel like betting on VP over fnatic based off of nothing.

Omega

Banned
Has this thread become the official CS betting thread? I guess there's not much else to discuss.

Could be worse. We could be some of the other OTs that don't even talk about the game the thread is even for.

which just made me think, is there a DOTAlounge?

I love CSGL. It's actually made me watch other teams. I normally just used to watch coL/C9 and NiP since they were my favorite teams to watch. Now I watch everything if I can, including the poop NA scene.

ironmang

If I bet tomorrow I'll definitely be going with fnatic. At this point in time they're the type of team that I feel if I bet on all their matches I'll come out ahead in the long run. Very few if any other teams give me that kind of confidence. Even if they lose I know I wouldn't have bet against them.

Could be worse. We could be some of the other OTs that don't even talk about the game the thread is even for.

I love CSGL. It's actually made me watch other teams. I normally just used to watch coL/C9 and NiP since they were my favorite teams to watch. Now I watch everything if I can, including the poop NA scene.

As much as everybody shits on the NA scene, there's still a ton of talent here. Ya it looks bad when you take the best teams of Europe and compare them to Reliable and SKDC but there are teams here that can compete with anybody.

Omega

Banned
I just feel like outside of C9 there's no great NA team. There's great players, but they're spread throughout multiple teams.

ViviOggi

Of course, has been there since way before GO's hat update, so by now the buzz has died down a bit. DotaLounge also only relatively recently switched to the value system of CSGOLounge, you used to only be able to bet either cosmetics of the quality 'rare' (which for the most part aren't that hot), or keys. Hence the phrase:

BcLz6QX.jpg

See NCG. RIP my skins.

Bro do you ever sleep

Literally SingSing

Divius

What do you guys think about vp vs fnatic
I know it has the potential to be an amazing game, two top tier teams going at it for a best of five should be awesome. I'll definitely be tuning in, although I probably cannot watch the entire thing :(

On who will win; fnatic seems to slightly be favored but honestly it could go either way. It also depends on the maps and if there is a player(s) that will have a good day and go big.

CoolS

I know it has the potential to be an amazing game, two top tier teams going at it for a best of five should be awesome. I'll definitely be tuning in, although I probably cannot watch the entire thing :(

On who will win; fnatic seems to slightly be favored but honestly it could go either way. It also depends on the maps and if there is a player(s) that will have a good day and go big.
I can definitely see it going to 5 maps again. If its even half as fun as last week, it will be an amazing match.

Omega

Banned
i was just watching Dreamhack Summer 2013 highlights.

man, the scene is completely different yet NiP is still unchanged.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
i was just watching Dreamhack Summer 2013 highlights.

man, the scene is completely different yet NiP is still unchanged.
Their lineup is just_right.

So should I give up hope of ever seeing Valve release the rest of the CSGO maps that have been in dev since 2011-12?

CoolS

Their lineup is just_right.

So should I give up hope of ever seeing Valve release the rest of the CSGO maps that have been in dev since 2011-12?
Huh, which ones are you talking about? I remember hints of de_prodigy in some files, but that was ages ago.

ChrisW

What would you guys say is the most important, RAM or CPU? i'm deciding on what additions to get for a new iMac I'll be buying myself for Christmas, but I can only afford one or the other to keep finance payments down.

This is what it looks like atm:

2.9GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X8GB
1TB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1GB GDDR5

OR

3.1GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X4GB
1TB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1GB GDDR5

difference being;
8GB or RAM or 16GB
i5 2.9GHz or i7 3.1GHz

Bare in mind I do video editing as a job also and use programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects

These are both the 21.5" model
I could change these two for the 27", but it would only be a 3.2GHz i5 and 8GB of RAM

garath

So when DOES csgolounge work? Lol.

Getting server load error again. Last night it was the bots offline. Prior to that it was server load error.

cHinzo

What do you guys think about vp vs fnatic

Fnatic won the last couple of times they've played against Virtus Pro. Aim-wise Fnatic got the edge over VP, but I wouldn't count VP out. This is a bo5 which means we're probably gonna see a lot of maps being played. I expect VP to veto Cobblestone, since they don't play that map. I expect Fnatic to veto either Mirage or Cache. Both strong maps for VP. I think Fnatic is more comfortable on Mirage, so Cache will most likely gonna get veto'd out. (There is a small chance Fnatic is gonna veto their worst map, Nuke, though, but this means VP will get at least two of their strongest maps and Nuke isn't one of VP's best maps).

This leaves the following maps open:
-Inferno (Fnatic's pick)
-Mirage (VP's pick)
-Overpass (Fnatic's pick)
-Either Nuke or Cache (VP's pick)
-Dust2 (decider)

-Fnatic will win Inferno for sure after VP's horrible T-side performance against OverGaming yesterday.
-Virtus Pro's Mirage is world classon this map, beating NiP (on their worst map though) with 16-1 and Hellraisers with 16-5, but Fnatic plays that map also very well if u saw their performance against Na'Vi (also a good Mirage team) and Dignitas.
-Fnatic is slightly favored on Overpass since they won against VP on the same map during ESL One Cologne, although they lost against MyXMG on this map during the Starseries LAN. VP just lost recently against NiP on this map. However, VP has a change to upset on this map if they fixed their CT side. The sole reason VP lost on Overpass vs Fnatic was because they only had a B strat on their T-side which became very predictable and they didn't expect other teams to focus on taking A. No guaranteed winner on this map.
-VP should take Nuke after their wins vs great Nuke teams like NiP and Titan, while Fnatic doesn't practice this map. Cache should be VP favored, because it's their second strongest map, but Fnatic has a chance to make it very difficult for VP. Fnatic isn't really good on this map, but the two ex-LGB members, Krimz and Olofmeister are very familiar with this map.
-Dust2 should be slightly favored for Fnatic, because they have the option to use the double AWP setup with JW and Olofmeister. Neither VP or Fnatic are the best on this map though.

I'm not gonna give a prediction, but just sharing a bit of insight in these two teams. :)

ChrisW

Fnatic won the last couple of times they've played against Virtus Pro. Aim-wise Fnatic got the edge over VP, but I wouldn't count VP out. This is a bo5 which means we're probably gonna see a lot of maps being played. I expect VP to veto Cobblestone, since they don't play that map. I expect Fnatic to veto either Mirage or Cache. Both strong maps for VP. I think Fnatic is more comfortable on Mirage, so Cache will most likely gonna get veto'd out. (There is a small chance Fnatic is gonna veto their worst map, Nuke, though, but this means VP will get at least two of their strongest maps and Nuke isn't one of VP's best maps).

-Inferno (Fnatic's pick)
-Mirage (VP's pick)
-Dust2 (decider)

-Fnatic will win Inferno for sure after VP's horrible T-side performance against OverGaming yesterday.
-Virtus Pro's Mirage is world classon this map, beating NiP (on their worst map though) with 16-1 and Hellraisers with 16-5, but Fnatic plays that map also very well if u saw their performance against Na'Vi (also a good Mirage team) and Dignitas.
-Fnatic is slightly favored on Overpass since they won against VP on the same map during ESL One Cologne, although they lost against MyXMG on this map during the Starseries LAN. VP just lost recently against NiP on this map. However, VP has a change to upset on this map if they fixed their CT side. The sole reason VP lost on Overpass vs Fnatic was because they only had a B strat on their T-side which became very predictable and they didn't expect other teams to focus on taking A. No guaranteed winner on this map.
-VP should take Nuke after their wins vs great Nuke teams like NiP and Titan, while Fnatic doesn't practice this map. Cache should be VP favored, because it's their second strongest map, but Fnatic has a chance to make it very difficult for VP. Fnatic isn't really good on this map, but the two ex-LGB members, Krimz and Olofmeister are very familiar with this map.
-Dust2 should be slightly favored for Fnatic, because they have the option to use the double AWP setup with JW and Olofmeister. Neither VP or Fnatic are the best on this map though.

I'm not gonna give a prediction, but just sharing a bit of insight in these two teams. :)

You left out the part where you predict the future and win up all AWP skins!

ironmang

So when DOES csgolounge work? Lol.

Getting server load error again. Last night it was the bots offline. Prior to that it was server load error.

When all the shit you want to bet is in the returns or when there are no matches going on that you care about. Also when you (yes you specifically) are away from the computer. Basically works every time except when you need it.

garath

When all the shit you want to bet is in the returns or when there are no matches going on that you care about. Also when you (yes you specifically) are away from the computer. Basically works every time except when you need it.

Lol. Seems about right. After refreshing a bunch of times it finally loaded my inventory. Go to place bet and "bots are offline".

Ok. Guess the couple of skins I bought for betting I'll just use in game.

ironmang

Not the right odds to go big on this game. :d Would rather go hard on the Titan or Germany game.

Getting mixed results from the Germany game. Lineups in these matches are incredibly questionable so not sure I'd be going big unless I was sure about who was playing.

Probably just people trying to sway odds but still a little concerning.

edit: looks like allu will be playing. Curious to hear how other people are betting. I'd think Germany would be favorites just based on having 3 members of a high tier team playing together. Seems like Allu would need to have a monster day for Finland to win.

garath

Refresh, refresh, refresh. No luck. Had my inventory load but couldn't place bets.

I see bets being placed when I refresh. So it's just a matter of getting lucky I guess. Going to be disappointing if after all this effort I manage to get a bet in and Fnatic loses lol.

Lourio

If anyone has a Stat Trak P250 Supernova (Factory New) that they wanna trade. I'll give you the Water Elemental I just won above and something else to even it out.

Been eyeing that Supernova forever.

Got one, but it's Field-Tested, interested?

Also, anyone got a Butterfly Knife, I'm willing to PayPal monies for the right price. And no I won't scam you, I'll go first, etc.. serious offer.

soultron

Banned
There's 4 pretty big matches, all coming up in the next 6 hours, so CSGOL is getting rammed right now. Don't expect it to work right now.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, which ones are you talking about? I remember hints of de_prodigy in some files, but that was ages ago.

Remake of Vostok (from Condition Zero), three demolition maps (Embassy, Depot, Alleyway), and a bomb map (Cranes), though I suspect the latter might've evolved into Overpass.

All were listed as post-release content in the game files, and several of those maps had assets (models, textures) in the beta.

chessnut

-Inferno (Fnatic's pick)
-Mirage (VP's pick)
-Dust2 (decider)

VP losing to og on inferno doesn't mean much. Fnatic are the best at inferno at the moment though so they are favored on that map. VP really threw away the overpass match they had against fnatic at esl and jw playing with a shotgun in hut really saved them a couple rounds. The hut is now patched out so we'll see how fnatic will adjust to it. Vp I think also get to choose maps 1 and 3 so they have the advantage there too. I personally am putting $62 on vp

Messiah

Just keep the stuff you use for betting in ur returns. :)

Be careful though, CS:GO lounge will take the items in returns if not used for 21 days afaik.

Edit:
CS GO lounge rules said:
You have 21 days to claim your items/winnings from your returns. After which, these items will be claimed by CSGO Lounge and used for giveaways, promotions and, in some cases, added to winnings of future bets.

ironmang

Just keep the stuff you use for betting in ur returns. :)

They really need to adapt to the current steam situation. Would be nice if we could store some extra skins in the "returns" slot and be able to freely bet them without worrying about bots being down for hours. Current setup is complete ass. They blame it on steam but they're doing jack shit to make it better.

cHinzo

Looks like Fnatic decided to veto their worst map: Nuke. So VP prolly veto'd Cobblestone. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out, but I'm ready for it!

Maps are Cache, Mirage, Inferno, Dust2 and Overpass.

Be careful though, CS:GO lounge will take the items in returns if not used for 21 days afaik.
Ye but thats why u only keep the skins on their site which u use for betting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom