• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW

Totally changed my sensitivity settings, down to about 400dpi and 2.5 sensitivity in game. feels really odd having to do big swipes, but....it did pay off and I was able to get some head shots a lot easier and control recoil better also.

cHinzo

6b98e28a4f.jpg

Just bought myself an M4 Bullet Rain. :D I really love how it looks and it was quite cheap.

garath

Skins make you a better player confirmed. Used the cheap blood something or other m4-s I bought tonight since I wasn't able to bet it and went 14-1 and 12-5 before I had to log off. Headshots galore.

Robot Pants

Totally changed my sensitivity settings, down to about 400dpi and 2.5 sensitivity in game. feels really odd having to do big swipes, but....it did pay off and I was able to get some head shots a lot easier and control recoil better also.

This is me too. Well the 2.5 anyway.
Had it at 2.3 for a while and was kinda in a slump. Not really doing as well as I usually am, so I switched that sucker to 2.5 and I'm rekin foolz.

I run my dpi at 800 though and 1000hz

I changed mines a few days ago from 800 dpi with 1.35 to 400 dpi with 2.3. It's a drastic change.

ViviOggi

Shit now with these odds I'm thinking of changing my bet to onlinesports, problem is I bet kind of high by my standards and I'd hate to lose it all. Do you usually have time to switch after maps have been picked?

CoolS

Shit now with these odds I'm thinking of changing my bet to onlinesports, problem is I bet kind of high by my standards and I'd hate to lose it all. Do you usually have time to switch after maps have been picked?
Betting closes like 5 minutes before the official starting times. Normally maps are chosen after the game "starts", right?

Arucardo

There's a genuinely good article for less experienced CSGO players on PC Gamer, def. recommend reading through this if you're not 100% confident in your CS knowledge.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/08/the-best-csgo-tips-ive-received-from-angry-teammates/

There's stuff in there that I learned and figured out on my own back in original CS and CSS that applies to other shooters too. Hell, I applied some stuff that I learned in the military to my CSGO playing, heh.

CoolS

There's a genuinely good article for less experienced CSGO players on PC Gamer, def. recommend reading through this if you're not 100% confident in your CS knowledge.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/08/the-best-csgo-tips-ive-received-from-angry-teammates/

There's stuff in there that I learned and figured out on my own back in original CS and CSS that applies to other shooters too. Hell, I applied some stuff that I learned in the military to my CSGO playing, heh.

These are quite good. I especially hate the 3v1 situations he describes, where somehow my team manages to get killed in 3 1v1 situations. Stuff like that never ever should be allowed to happen. I can't even count how many rounds and even games we lost because of stuff like that.

For fucks sake randoms of counter strike, when the other team says their last man is AFK, the whole team doesnt have to go! Sitting there playing T side on inferno at B site, we "cleared" the site and place the bomb, with one CT left. So the four of us are just chilling and the CT's say their last guy is AFK so on cue all three teamates jog off to go kill him. I decide to stick with the bomb to make sure it goes off. Sure enough I'm just chilling and I hear the thud of a dude dropping down, he was hiding on those arches at the back of site like he was fucking spiderman or some shit. I spin around spaying my AK all over the place nail a few times then play ring around the fountain with him. Eventually he kills me and luckly by this time some of my teamates of trickled back to base and kill the bastard before he can defuse. Still I mean WTF, its not like we were in desperate need of money, we could of killed the guy after the round was over if he was AFK.

ironmang

For fucks sake randoms of counter strike, when the other team says their last man is AFK, the whole team doesnt have to go! Sitting there playing T side on inferno at B site, we "cleared" the site and place the bomb, with one CT left. So the four of us are just chilling and the CT's say their last guy is AFK so on cue all three teamates jog off to go kill him. I decide to stick with the bomb to make sure it goes off. Sure enough I'm just chilling and I hear the thud of a dude dropping down, he was hiding on those arches at the back of site like he was fucking spiderman or some shit. I spin around spaying my AK all over the place nail a few times then play ring around the fountain with him. Eventually he kills me and luckly by this time some of my teamates of trickled back to base and kill the bastard before he can defuse. Still I mean WTF, its not like we were in desperate need of money, we could of killed the guy after the round was over if he was AFK.

It's the same reason people go sprinting for enemies on anti-eco rounds: people are desperate to get kills to improve their stats.

CoolS

It's the same reason people go sprinting for enemies on anti-eco rounds: people are desperate to get kills to improve their stats.
When I play with friends in a premade 5 man, usually there is one guy who complains that people steal his frags or he didn't see a single enemy the whole round and wants to go defend the other bombsite next round (to get frags).

It's a teamgamr dammit, as long as we are winning, be happy about that.

Another pet peeve of mine, people who use P90's round two. If you're gonna SMG round two take the bizon.

But yeah I rather be the bottom fragger on the winning team and the top fragger for the losers.

When I play with friends in a premade 5 man, usually there is one guy who complains that people steal his frags or he didn't see a single enemy the whole round and wants to go defend the other bombsite next round (to get frags).

It's a teamgamr dammit, as long as we arr winning, be happy about that.

The way I see it, if you didn't get the kill, it's not yours.

I wouldn't even buy an smg. It's p250 for eco for me.

CoolS

The way I see it, if you didn't get the kill, it's not yours.

I wouldn't even buy an smg. It's p250 for eco for me.
Eco is pistols anyway.

But my Bizon Chemical Green loves some spraydowns in second and maybe third round after we won the pistol round. Shreds through full on rushes so nicely, plus the delicious extra kill reward

Another pet peeve of mine, people who use P90's round two. If you're gonna SMG round two take the bizon.

You're not alone in that. There is NO reason to get a P90 second round over the Bizon, except maybe if you can suspect the other team ro do a coordinated force buy after a bomb plant. But I don't think that happens very often, especially in MM.

Eco is pistols anyway.

But my Bizon Chemical Green loves some spraydowns in second and maybe third round after we won the pistol round. Shreds through full on rushes so nicely, plus the delicious extra kill reward

You're not alone in that. There is NO reason to get a P90 second round over the Bizon, except maybe if you can suspect the other team ro do a coordinated force buy after a bomb plant. But I don't think that happens very often, especially in MM.

Isn't the Bizon's spray a lot more random and inaccurate than the P90? I feel like it does less damage, fires slower and hardly hits anything.

It could just be my bad aim though, so idk.

CoolS

Isn't the Bizon's spray a lot more random and inaccurate than the P90? I feel like it does less damage, fires slower and hardly hits anything.

It could just be my bad aim though, so idk.
Not sure about the spray, I never had any problems there, but I quickly looked it up and the Bizon actually does a tiny bit more damage against unarmored opponents. It' a little bit slower than the P90, but it also is almost 1000$ cheaper and you get the bigger kill reward.
And if you are to loose your weapon, the bizon would be way less effective for the other team than the P90.

Divius

Bizon is my goto anti eco weapon as well, I love how it shreds through enemies. Always fun when they try a pistol rush and you just pop up and mow them down.

I actually got 2 stattrak bizon | cobalt halftone's from csgolounge recently

cHinzo

Terrorists don't force buy when they got a plant on pistol round and lost the first round, because the whole point of that plant is to only having to eco one round and buy fully on the third. That's why you can't buy anti-eco weapons as CT when the Terrorists have planted the bomb on the first round, because there won't be enough rounds to make some bank.

CoolS

Terrorists don't force buy when they got a plant on pistol round and lost the first round, because the whole point of that plant is to only having to eco one round and buy fully on the third. That's why you can't buy anti-eco weapons as CT when the Terrorists have planted the bomb on the first round, because there won't be enough rounds to make some bank.
Not in MM no, but there are pro teams that do a second round ak and pistol full armor buy when they got the bomb plant. It IS a possibility.
I stil think it's better to buy a Bizon second round and upgrade third than buying a M4, maybe loosing the anti eco andgiving them a free rifle.

ViviOggi

Man this Fnatic vs mouz game is still killing me. Threw in my most expensive betting skins like a typical lounger coming off Fnatic's dominating performance last night but the odds are so damn terrible - I'd win $24 from mouz vs a measly $2 from Fnatic.

ironmang

Any predictions for the upcoming matches for today?

Games I'll be betting on:
Fnatic vs Mouz
Fnatic vs NiP
Epsilon vs VP (on season - assuming odds don't get to 80/20 or worse)
Titan vs VP

The VP/Epsilon D2 game doesn't feel right to bet on. One of VPs worst maps which is also the most pugable map ever against a new team.

Definitely skipping Hungary/Czech and all other ESEC matches. Just too many variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom