• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

poodpick

Wow, since when? I always was under the impression xzist is still the IGL

http://www.hltv.org/news/11941-top-20-players-of-2013-xizt-6

A third down the page he mentions that he stepped down so that he could focus more on his individual performance. Nip definitely had strategies that were harder to counter when he was calling. They also went 87-0 on LAN never dropping a map, but that might be because no one else had as much GO experience as them.

Divius

This Hungary - Czech game is pretty fun and even. Currently 13-13. Couple of pauses and ddos' though :c

Really hope the Czech's pull through

Messiah

This Hungary - Czech game is pretty fun and even. Currently 13-13. Couple of pauses and ddos' though :c

Really hope the Czech's pull through

Me too.
giphy.gif

Edit: Nvm, changed to hungary. GIF still applies though.

Divius

The DDoS has lost Hungary at least 2 rounds.

And forced a player change. The match is shit.
Looks like it is more severe than I thought. I was just checking occasionally and seeing fun plays most times I did. Now another ddos is happening and a player disconnect.

K.Sabot

It's happened after every round.

CSGoLounge is pretty much allowing this to happen by not taking any action on matches that are compromised.

Cardigan

Cancel games that are compromised regardless of if the admins of the tournament let them go on.

Admins could cast VoDs.

If they did the first option, the losers of the bets would DDoS every game to get their items back.

Second option, there's too much risk of information leaking beforehand.

The real solution is that Valve needs to implement some DDoS protection, and the leagues need to enforce a strict protocol for players so they aren't vulnerable.

poodpick

What do you guys think on Titan vs VP? I personally feel Titan might have the edge..

VP 100%. Titan is going to play 4v5 (ex6tenz) and elaborate strats won't do shit when every player on VP can hold a site 1v2 or 1v3

EDIT: If Titan starts CT side they might have the advantage

K.Sabot

If they did the first option, the losers of the bets would DDoS every game to get their items back.

Second option, there's too much risk of information leaking beforehand.

The real solution is that Valve needs to implement some DDoS protection, and the leagues need to enforce a strict protocol for players so they aren't vulnerable.

Well, it would fix itself in the first case. Nobody would get anything ever and nobody would bet. CSGL would go out of business and matches would be good again.

You can't stop people from DDoSing you if they really want to.

Can tournaments stop csgl from posting their matches? That could make matches better.

Well, it would fix itself in the first case. Nobody would get anything ever and nobody would bet. CSGL would go out of business and matches would be good again.

Can tournaments stop csgl from posting their matches? That could make matches better.

Betting is good for viewership though. People tend to watch more matches when they bet on them.

ironmang

People also wouldn't care much about pro matches except the diehards. Less viewers would mean less money for everybody involved including the casters. Just the CEVO playoffs last night was a perfect example of the viewer dropoff between CSGL and regular matches. NCG/elevate had over 10k viewers while the other matches had around 2k max.

ironmang

What happened with the ESEC match? Did it end?

Epsilon vs VP match is being postponed after a 7/8 half. CSGL going to be keeping the skins hostage until the match is completed most likely.

garath

I just revamped my keybindings for a modern era. I've been using the same bindings since CS:Source was released. They were good but now there's a lot more grenades, the taser, push to talk button (since I don't use voice activation with pubs), etc.

While I was at it, I pushed my sensitivity up from 1.76 to 1.95. We'll see if that elicits a positive or negative change.

I just revamped my keybindings for a modern era. I've been using the same bindings since CS:Source was released. They were good but now there's a lot more grenades, the taser, push to talk button (since I don't use voice activation with pubs), etc.

While I was at it, I pushed my sensitivity up from 1.76 to 1.95. We'll see if that elicits a positive or negative change.

I think I use strange keybinds.

My weapons are q nd e. Knife is one of the keys on the side of my mouse voice com being the other. Flash bangs are mapped to mouse wheel up and nade cycle is mouse wheel down. F is use and g is toss weapon.

Also found an awesome scrpit that makes the netgraph only show up when you press tab and look at the scoreboard.

garath

I think I use strange keybinds.

My weapons are q nd e. Knife is one of the keys on the side of my mouse voice com being the other. Flash bangs are mapped to mouse wheel up and nade cycle is mouse wheel down. F is use and g is toss weapon.

Also found an awesome scrpit that makes the netgraph only show up when you press tab and look at the scoreboard.

Mine was perfect for cs:s. Pistol mouse wheel up, rifle on mouse wheel down, flash on thumb button 1, he on thumb button 2.

Now I have push to talk on thumb button like other games and remapped grenades to 2-5. Going to take a little getting used to.

Edit:

Hmm. NiP over LDLC? They looked so bad vs fnatic today

I have never been able to use numbers for stuff. That's why i was never able to get comfortable in most MMO's or Quake. If I have more options than what I can bind to q,e,f, and mouse buttons I'm screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom