• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

This is a pretty good video. He makes it look so easy but spray control like that is well practiced. It's way too easy to jerk the mouse down too quickly and end up spraying at someone's feet.

Lost alot of bets yesterday, but I'm inclined to bet on Hellraisers in the NiP vs HR game.

NiP has been playing like shit recently, and got humiliated by Fnatic yesterday (bohoo RIP P90 Asiimov). HR seems to be decent on Overpass. They have a new player, but his stats are alright and he already played with almost everyone in ESEC (so I've read).. And I think they're a strong team on Overpass.
NiP beat them in Cologne, 16:11 but HR had a player that did not get a single kill so they might be able to turn it around and win today...

Ill bet 5-10$ on Hellraisers because I #believe. (I should really stop betting that high..)

Edit: NiP vs LDLC is kinda risky, I think. Ill probably skip that one.. Or bet very very small.

I like your thinking. I don't believe but I'm betting on HR anyways. The potential return against a slumping NiP is too good not to put a few bucks on it.

Xizk

Bought tickets to Dreamhack Stockholm Finals at Ericsson Globe. Will be nice to attend and see them play live. The atmosphere should be nice, watching it with a crowd. Graduating from school as soon as my degree project is graded so felt like a nice way to celebrate.

garath

So apparently it's very easy to place bets once you have items in the system. It's getting the items into the system that's the issue. I was able to place a couple bets this morning with no issues at all using my winnings and returned items. However, trying to add a new item from the inventory is near impossible.

CoolS

So apparently it's very easy to place bets once you have items in the system. It's getting the items into the system that's the issue. I was able to place a couple bets this morning with no issues at all using my winnings and returned items. However, trying to add a new item from the inventory is near impossible.
Been like that for a long time. Really wish you could just put the items "in storage" and just use them when you want to bet. Oh well.

Cardigan

You'll never have problems with betting items from returns. Since the items are already in the bots' inventories, CSGL doesn't have to interact with the bots to make those bets.

Been like that for a long time. Really wish you could just put the items "in storage" and just use them when you want to bet. Oh well.

The bots can only store so many items in inventory, so they have to enforce the 21 day policy to make sure there's always space available.

ironmang

You'll never have problems with betting items from returns. Since the items are already in the bots' inventories, CSGL doesn't have to interact with the bots to make those bets.

The bots can only store so many items in inventory, so they have to enforce the 21 day policy to make sure there's always space available.

They could always get more bots. Not like people need to store 30 items or anything. Letting an emergency ~8 items being stored shouldn't be too problematic.

MayMay

Banned
74977c164b8f13ed459597ba34f1d0b9.png

HR can win this, I know it. But I'm not sure if I make a mistake trusting them too much. That attitude already ruined my day yesterday - because I said the same about NiP (and in the end they got absolutely annihilated lol). Oh well, Good Luck to everyone that bets on HR.

Messiah

HR can win this, I know it. But I'm not sure if I make a mistake trusting them too much. That attitude already ruined my day yesterday - because I said the same about NiP (and in the end they got absolutely annihilated lol). Oh well, Good Luck to everyone that bets on HR.

Yup, NiP vs HR and VP vs Fnatic are decent underdog bets today imo.

ironmang

If you're going to underdog bet like this then you have to treat the betted skins as lost with the chance of winning big. Even if you put NiP on a 60/40 favorite, you'd still be expecting HR to lose.

MayMay

Banned
If you're going to underdog bet like this then you have to treat the betted skins as lost with the chance of winning big. Even if you put NiP on a 60/40 favorite, you'd still be expecting HR to lose.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I fully expect them to lose, but I think they have the ability to win this. NiP has been struggling lately.

garath

There we go. Finally got a bot to add an item.

Betting on

HR over NiP for the upset - only using my winnings from yesterday
Fnatic over VP cause they are fnatic
LDLC over NiP because I'm just betting against NiP today

If by some miracle I will all of them, then I'll have some great seed money to play around with. If I lose them all then I think I've had my fun lol. I don't feel like fighting with the bots to keep loading up on matches.

MayMay

Banned
I'm not the right kind of guy for betting, lol. Gave myself a starting budget to have some fun and check things out - lost so much already. Gonna try hard to earn back what I lost and then probably drop this like a hot potato. Way too risky for me lol

ironmang

Just betting a couple ~$1 trash skins on HR. Not sure about the rest of games today. Might go on an underdog spree and toss a small bet on VP over Fnatic, Epsilon over Titan, and HR over Dig. Normally I hate underdog betting since it's a slow and steady way to kill my betting skins collection but these all seem a little too lopsided as far as odds go.

Shadownet

Banned
Can someone keep me updated on the scores for today games? HLTV doesn't work well on my phone.

I don't need a score by score update. Just once every 3-4 rounds would be fine :) thank you!

Rivitur

Banned
Go Hellraisers, I believe in you! Hope they wear down NiP so that LDLC can finish them off lol.
Lol well that's one way to look at it.

Oh crap didn't realize simple was playing gg HR wins.

Also since Tuscan came out any impressions? I heard it has a ton of bugs.

Shadownet

Banned
If NiP look back on form again HR. I'll bet on them against LDLC.

But yeah please keep me inform of how they do. :)

6-1 is a damn good start.

CoolS

Funny how that works, only because fnatic is beasting right now, suddenly everyone says NiP has been sucking for quite some time anyway and so on. And then they seem fine against HR and suddenly the odds are shifting on CSGOL again :D

cHinzo

Laptop died on me last night, just when I wanted to play CS more often. T.T guess I'm taking a break from CS and betting. :d

garath

After watching that match, HR didn't seem like a longshot, they seemed like an impossibility. lol

Gonna have to get to know the teams and their maps a little better before I go nuts on betting I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom