• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I had ShadowPlay disabled, otherwise I would have had plenty gif-able material from my point of view.

I also would have taken some screenshots myself if I had remembered that this death capture function existed.

MayMay

Banned
Had some of the best matches in CSGO I've had in a long time today, even with broken ping of 180ish on US servers (special thanks to my ISP for messing up the routing). My lobby was pretty unstoppable. So much fun. Now.. placing some bets and then Ill probably go to bed.

Btw I don't know how I feel about the changes on Cobble. I mean they still didn't fix the drop room. Its so easy to camp and wait for a drop.

True, might as well call it suicide room.

Rivitur

Banned
Come on Mobility! Never forget:
M452pmZ.jpg

Rivitur

Banned
W0t the story here?
Mobility v IBP in the ESWC NA qualifier. Mobility were on Eco so they created a human pyramid (tank of mass destruction) to combat the rifles.

They went on to lose against iBP 16-14 but still got a spot for the lan tournament because they were 2nd place.

Shadownet

Banned
Mobility v IBP in the ESWC NA qualifier. Mobility were on Eco so they created a human pyramid (tank of mass destruction) to combat the rifles.

They went on to lose against iBP 16-14 but still got a spot for the lan tournament because they were 2nd place.

Did that human pyramid work? lol I feel like that is something you should do on CT when you know they're pushing a site not the other way around.

Update

SYSTEMS
Updated a large number of systems necessary for the Linux client.

MISC
"kill" command is no longer possible in competitive matchmaking matches ( except during warmup ).
Fix for CTs not speaking their radio lines when throwing an Incendiary grenade.
Voice status text now shows the player location for teammates.
Radio command location text is now colored in chat.
Planted bomb status now displays for spectators.
Improved some inventory, inspect and economy audio feedback.

OPERATION BREAKOUT
Operation Breakout is on sale.

PERFORMANCE
Improved performance when scoreboard is visible.
Improved performance when spectator panel is visible.
Improved performance in some cases where avatars and "Display" items are displayed.

MAPS
Mist
Various bug fixes.
Insertion
Fixed buyzone bug in competitive mode.
Updated overview map.

MayMay

Banned
So why's the match on hold? DDoS? Does that mean the C9 match is gonna be postponed? Same stream after all. Or maybe they'll just postpone the current match and start the C9 one..

Shadownet

Banned
So why's the match on hold? DDoS? Does that mean the C9 match is gonna be postponed? Same stream after all. Or maybe they'll just postpone the current match and start the C9 one..

Some people are saying its because of DDOS, some are saying its because of the CS:GO update.

Yeah they're pushing the C9 vs NCG match back.

Haroon

"kill" command is no longer possible in competitive matchmaking matches ( except during warmup ).

Noooo! My only way to combat blatant hackers :(. Now I will have to minimize the game, and check after about ten minutes.

Whats the deal with some of these achievements not unlocking?
I walked (not making footstep noise) and killed a player. Didnt unlock.
Then i jumped and killed an enemy twice. No unlock.

Mokoi

Banned
Game has really been acting like shit, and I get massive stuttering when I go into the buy menu. That update caused more problems than it was supposed to fix.

Omega

Banned
I've ranked down to single AK... i seem to have more success at deranking than actual derankers

I was never amazing at the game but I got to DMG solo queuing. took a break and since i came back i think i've won 1 match, and that 1 match wasn't even because of me. i've just lost complete confidence when it comes to competitive

Worst part is I can't even AWP anymore. I'd usually be the AWPer on the team. now it's some guy who needs 7 shots to kill someone.

ChrisW

I have 0.60 in my steam wallet, better to spend it on one gun to bet or split it into several 0.5 guns to bet on more matches? I'm guessing the latter

Arucardo

When you see a pro miss someone in the peripheral it's usually because of low FOV and some pro's still use 4:3 ratio (you get a more "zoomed" in view with these)

PriitV

So 4:3 is better? Sometimes I have to squint to see a person who is pretty damn far away from me.
Not really, some pro's still use 4:3 as that's what they had on their CRT's back in the 1.6 days. Change is hard.
I'll link a video later when I get home where one of the pro explains the rationale behind using low res and arhaic aspect ratios on a modern screen.

CoolS

Ugh was right about the update being small. And on top of that they added even more bugs. Looks like I won't be playing today after being away from my PC for a week.

Haroon

How can on change/lower the game's FoV?

It depends on your resolution. If you are running 16:9 resolution (1280x720, 1920x1080) you will get a higher field of view. But if you're running the resolution at 4:3 (640x480, 800x600) you will get a lower field of view. The reason why some players still use 4:3 resolution is because they want to keep their game consistent. Changing the resolution has a big impact of your sensitivity so, you would need to get used to it a new sensitivity as well. In Counter-Strike, consistency is the key to success.

Also, my bets for today (current record 17 wins out of 20):

garath

Well I've got everything I have in csgolounge on a match again today :)

All my cheapy skins on GGL over LDLC for a longshot.

Fnatic over Dignitas - after watching both teams yesterday, it seems pretty clear fnatic is the superior team.

Titan over LDLC - watched both teams and feel like Titan is stronger. It's the closest odds match I'm betting on all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom