• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW

Terrible day of CS for me, first I lose every bet I make (I back underdogs and they lose, I back favs and lose) I get stupid errors from latest patch, then finally I'm locked out of market transactions till I authorise my card, which I can do till tomorrow so no cases :-/

Divius

I love these matches going into OT, very tense.

edit: made a bet on titan v ldlc, the biggest bet I've made so far. Fingers crossed.

Omega

Banned
i no longer have skins

i was doing so well and lost everything ;(

hopefully i can get a dragon lore or something from these breakout missions

Odah

Banned
I never bet over 1,50$

this time i bet over 3$ on VP and this happens

brb crying

edit: omg, yes :D my condolences to all who have lost their skins that bet on Epsilon, was a very intense game.

cresto

DDoS already.

You can't stop DDoS if people want to do it. No matter how many protections.

Does this happen in other comp games like Dota 2 or LoL? It's getting ridiculous and the addition of betting probably worsens it when people have large sums of money riding on a team. Pathetic people out there.

K.Sabot

More tournament CSGL delistings incoming.

Does this happen in other comp games like Dota 2 or LoL? It's getting ridiculous and the addition of betting probably worsens it when people have large sums of money riding on a team. Pathetic people out there.

It definitely happens in Dota, I don't know about LoL because their league situation has all the teams being close by in NA at least.

Duesy

Yes. Happens quite often is other games.

Messiah

Not that often, I mean pro players really should know how to avoid getting ddos'd ...

K.Sabot

There is no 100% protection against DDoS and I assume a team as experienced and informed as Fnatic do everything they can to prevent it beforehand.

I can see IPs getting out via weakness in the valve server structure.

And if they don't have your personal IP they can try their hand at the local ISP, which they have.

ViviOggi

DDoS was rampant in Dota 2 one or two years ago until Valve/Cyborgmatt taught players how to protect themselves (mainly not using fucking Skype). Haven't seen a tournament DDoS ever since.

^ Yeah, a recently discovered loophole on Valve's end seems likely.

Divius

So in the last few days I've been finding more joy in using the AWP than before. I used to avoid the gun altogether since it's just too easy to use, but it's quite fun getting triple and quad kills so I can see why people do it. The kills often do feel rather cheap and awp vs awp battles are more boring than watching paint dry but every now and again when I get some great flickshots or multiple kills in a row it does feel good.

K.Sabot

I mean, they must be playing in a private server, but that doesn't mean the server is unlisted.

Breaching the server host would be pretty easy.

Edit: and there goes the game, rip skins.

cresto

There is no 100% protection against DDoS and I assume a team as experienced and informed as Fnatic do everything they can to prevent it beforehand.

I can see IPs getting out via weakness in the valve server structure.

And if they don't have your personal IP they can try their hand at the local ISP, which they have.

Jesus that is going above and beyond douche baggery...

K.Sabot

And now Krimz DDoS.

If they DDoS them enough, they'll have to forfeit.

2 standins.

So easily manipulated the outcome of the match.

How CSGO Handles Ranking

Debug output mentioned in the guide comes from game client code having very old calculations that were used by Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game where client calculations could be trusted and matchmaking used round-based skill adjustments in order to support drop-in and drop-out gameplay on consoles. That code is deprecated on PC however and those calculations aren't currently used on PC.

When competitive matchmaking as we know it now was introduced in CS:GO in late 2012 we switched all non-competitive game modes to use simple ping-based matchmaking. For Competitive, we built a CS:GO-specific competitive ranking system that is significantly different and more complex than Elo.

The CS:GO competitive ranking system started with ideas based on Glicko-2 rating model and improved over time to better fit the CS:GO player base. All computations are performed on our matchmaking backend and multiple matchmaking parameters describing scientific set of rating variables of a player are represented to players as a their Skill Group. You should be able to find papers on rating systems involving rating volatility and rating deviations online to get a better idea about why our complex competitive matchmaking parameters cannot be represented as a single numeric value.

Divius

I now regret putting bet on titan v ldlc, if that match get ddos'ed as well that would really suck.

I think I'll just not bet on online games anymore. Just looking at the odds and all the ddos'ing it really isn't worth the risk.

ironmang

Wish Hungary would have forfeited earlier after being forced to use randoms as well. Thinking of going LAN only for betting until something changes.

K.Sabot

Ugh. RIP skins? fnatic has all my most valuable ones (which is about $3.50 worth haha).

Got about 4 rounds in and then rescheduled, look forward to the next reschedule.

Fnatic had pronax and krimz get ddos'd out so they were playing with 2 standins until one of the standins got ddos'd.

ironmang

Got about 4 rounds in and then rescheduled, look forward to the next reschedule.

Fnatic had pronax and krimz get ddos'd out so they were playing with 2 standins until one of the standins got ddos'd.

How does a standin get ddos'd instantly? Is there like a phone book with cs players ips in them or some shit? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom