• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odah

Banned
so wait, if a match gets Ddos'd you wont get your skins back?

cus I remember that I got mine back when the same happened with Hungary vs. Chezch and it got Forfeit, for that game I got my skins back oO

K.Sabot

Can anyone explain what "DDoS" is please?

Direct Denial of Service

basically flooding someone's internet with requests, usually done by 12 year olds that rent $5 botnets (huge throngs of computers, usually malware infected computers without the original owner knowing) to send huge amount of legitimate looking connection requests, "clogging the drain" so to say.

Messiah

cus I remember that I got mine back when the same happened with Hungary vs. Chezch and it got Forfeit, for that game I got my skins back oO

If a team forfeits you get them back, if the match is rescheduled you don't. Usually ...

garath

Looks like the official FaceIT line is "rescheduled". Our skins stay held.

Now let's see if Titan can win.

Why is it cache again? I hate watching this map.

K.Sabot

"If a match has been postponed for more than 12 hours the bet will be closed and all items will then be returned to their owners."

Don't see the match happening today.

cresto

I feel like if there is a DDoS attack, CSGL should not allow any bets to happen on that match. That way the incentive to DDoS is no longer legitimate. I know that isn't the only factor that goes into DDoS, but still. I suppose if a team is getting crushed and the person has a bet on the losing team, they just DDoS to prevent the skins being lost. I don't know, its all bull shit

K.Sabot

Like I said, expect tournaments to pull out of CSGL.

May be viewer suicide, but letting this go on is also viewer suicide.

Edit: Heck it's not just bad for viewers, it's bad for electronic competition in general.

ViviOggi

Well Fnatic vs Dig changed from showing "Rescheduled" to "DDoS" on CSGL so who knows what will happen now.

"If a match has been postponed for more than 12 hours the bet will be closed and all items will then be returned to their owners."

Don't see the match happening today.

Like I said:
In the case a match is DDoS'd - all skins/items will be kept until the match has been played out. After most DDoS'ings the match is postponed, so, it's will be kept until the final map has been played.

Odah

Banned
I predict Titan will win this match as Cache is a pretty much a CT sided map and if they get 2-3 more round wins in 1st half they likely got this game.

But who am I talking I just started playing CSGO 2 weeks ago and started betting on games 2 days ago :p 13 out of 19 bets won

Rivitur

Banned
I predict Titan will win this match as Cache is a pretty much a CT sided map and if they get 2-3 more round wins in 1st half they likely got this game.

But who am I talking I just started playing CSGO 2 weeks ago and started betting on games 2 days ago :p 13 out of 19 bets won
It depends the teams if you watch NA games cache can be 9-7 CT sided depending on if the Ts just break the economy early.

Example Bz (T) have a 5-3 lead on Epsilon (CT) after epsilon had a strong CT side against VP.

Divius

Overtime! again! Titan pleaseeeee

edit: holy shit that defuse! Delayed the last terrorist with low HP just long enough with that molotov

Divius

Today is not a good day for my heart.
Indeed. Jeez. Match point though, Titan looking good atm.

GG. Titan so strong at the end.

edit:

l7tuBVi.png

Was hoping for a m4a1-s skin, but I'm fine with these as well.

ironmang

Before anybody quickly all-ins on IBP tonight, you should know that they'll be playing with their manager impulsive instead of steel. They won't be full strength and Lunatik are no pushovers.

Shadownet

Banned
Should I go with the odds for IBP and Cloud9?

I would go with Lunatik. (IBP.. they're good but i have feeling people are still salty over that easy win they threw away. Lost a lot of people skins.)

I would bet on Cloud9.

But remember.
Don't listen to me. Do you own research.

MayMay

Banned
I bet.. quite alot on Lunatik. I'm crazy. The odds are drastically changing atm (in favor of Lunatik) - but I hope it wont go too far. Would be a shame if their % ends up rising alot and they still end up losing.
And all that because someone from IBP just said on Reddit that it's "stupid" to bet on them in that match. Which looks to me like a (working) attempt of bringing the odds for IBP down so that the profits are bigger in the end if they win. I think IBP would do that, after all they were part of a rigged match less than a month ago.

Odah

Banned
you guys better bet on Lunatik now, I just placed my Tec-9 Sandstorm for them.

I want to get rid of it so I always bet on the weaker side and I ALWAYS win, it's like that skin doesn't want to leave me...and it sucks.

MayMay

Banned
you guys better bet on Lunatik now, I just placed my Tec-9 Sandstorm for them.

I want to get rid of it so I always bet on the weaker side and I ALWAYS win, it's like that skin doesn't want to leave me...and it sucks.

I really hope this is gonna happen lol

MayMay

Banned
LunatiK odds are constantly going up, and potential reward money down.

Meh. And all that because someone from IBP wrote weird stuff ("It's stupid to bet on us" blabla) on Reddit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom