• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

soultron

Banned
Yeah. Can't believe they kept going ramp, didn't play an AWPer outside, etc.

I think they need to practise Nuke.

Think I'm starting to see how CT-sided Nuke is though.

Alright problem here. Reformated my windows 8.1 pc and I can't get sound out of my headphones unless I make them the default device in my sound options. But then when I unplug them it won't automatically make my speakers the default until I go and manually set them as default in the options. And when I plug in my headphones I get no sound again unless I set is as default etc etc. Before my reformat both would get sound. Whats going on now?

Clydefrog

Alright problem here. Reformated my windows 8.1 pc and I can't get sound out of my headphones unless I make them the default device in my sound options. But then when I unplug them it won't automatically make my speakers the default until I go and manually set them as default in the options. And when I plug in my headphones I get no sound again unless I set is as default etc etc. Before my reformat both would get sound. Whats going on now?

Obvious question but do you have a pci-e sound card (e.g. SoundBlaster, Xonar, etc)? Or is your audio all done through the mobo?

Omega

Banned
lol C9. just woke up to see the results.

It's a damn shame, i love watching n0thing and Hiko but this team is just stupid. They rely way too much on raw skill. even at ESL they were force buying and yolo strats

If they had the chemistry of a team like NiP or Fnatic they would probably never lose a game.

Odah

Banned
Woke up just to see C9 loosing -_-

but WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED I GOT MY DAMN TEC-9 SANDSTORM BACK

c47a3f97f7.jpg

This is becoming slowly a bad joke

edit:

anyone care to give some tips on the 2 ESWC matches?

ironmang

lol C9. just woke up to see the results.

It's a damn shame, i love watching n0thing and Hiko but this team is just stupid. They rely way too much on raw skill. even at ESL they were force buying and yolo strats

If they had the chemistry of a team like NiP or Fnatic they would probably never lose a game.

Definitely didn't see that upset coming. If I hadn't fallen asleep early last night I probably would have bet on C9 too. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a team reshuffling soon similar to what happened with the French teams.

anyone care to give some tips on the 2 ESWC matches?

Probably best to stay away. It's like the country vs country matches except all nonames.

Divius

Glad I didn't put anything on Cloud9, those odds werent worth the risk for me.

I did put something on the IBPvsLunatik game but that was forfeited, what happened there? Let me guess....
DDOS?

garath

Lol. I put a token bet on NetCode just because the odds were so damn good. I was a little shocked to see winnings this morning haha.

I love watching shroud on twitch. He's a great player but c9's chemistry as a team just doesn't seem to be there.

Robot Pants

damn, Reformatting did a world of difference to my game. I KNEW something was wrong with my game and the graphic settings. I would play on high with a solid 180-200 FPS and something was just off.
Reformatted and the game is buttery smooth on high settings now. Plays just like it did on low settings. I'm pleased.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Can anybody tell me how (if possible) I can play a regular ass game of Counter Strike in this god damned game? Every time I try to join a game I get put onto a server full of bots. If I try to use the server browser all I get are servers with ridiculous deathmatch modes with random spawn locations and guns and shit. I've owned this game for like a year and I can't figure it out and I end up just quitting after searching for a game for 5 minutes.

garath

Can anybody tell me how (if possible) I can play a regular ass game of Counter Strike in this god damned game? Every time I try to join a game I get put onto a server full of bots. If I try to use the server browser all I get are servers with ridiculous deathmatch modes with random spawn locations and guns and shit. I've owned this game for like a year and I can't figure it out and I end up just quitting after searching for a game for 5 minutes.

Are you trying just through the server browser? I'd suggest using matchmaking.

Play Game -> Pick Casual and a map set and let the game find a server for you. Casual isn't the best rule set but it's decent for just having some fun. No teamkilling, no armor, 1 grenade per type, 50% bonus on money or something and it's like 10v10.

If you want to play competitive rules (tk'ing, more grenades, armor, 5v5) through matchmaking unfortunately the only way is to commit to the full game. No more drop in/out games with that ruleset :( For that you'd have to hit the community servers.

I really really really wish they'd have a more competitive ruleset drop in/out with matchmaking like they used to.

ViviOggi

Competitive mode

Lourio

Thanks for the games last night Atsuo, gotta apply what I learned now. :)

We should get regular scrims going, need to up my competitive match play.

ironmang

Betting 2 dollars on the first Chinese game since, according to hltv posts, it should be entertaining.

edit: casters admit they know nothing about these teams other than the unanimous favorite weapon is p90. also they said they tried doing research on 4chan. well worth my $2.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Are you trying just through the server browser? I'd suggest using matchmaking.

Play Game -> Pick Casual and a map set and let the game find a server for you. Casual isn't the best rule set but it's decent for just having some fun. No teamkilling, no armor, 1 grenade per type, 50% bonus on money or something and it's like 10v10.

If you want to play competitive rules (tk'ing, more grenades, armor, 5v5) through matchmaking unfortunately the only way is to commit to the full game. No more drop in/out games with that ruleset :( For that you'd have to hit the community servers.

I really really really wish they'd have a more competitive ruleset drop in/out with matchmaking like they used to.

Competitive mode
I try casual matchmaking, bot matches. Me + 9 bots, or me vs. one other guy with bots in slots. Ridiculous. Is there any way to set it to just not put me in a server that's only bots?

Competitive is too much stress. I don't want FF on and to be judged. I just want to mess around and not worry about it while I listen to podcasts and stuff.

Divius

Can anybody tell me how (if possible) I can play a regular ass game of Counter Strike in this god damned game? Every time I try to join a game I get put onto a server full of bots.

I try casual matchmaking, bot matches. Me + 9 bots, or me vs. one other guy with bots in slots. Ridiculous. Is there any way to set it to just not put me in a server that's only bots?
Same thing happens to me, but only occasionally. It's really weird and annoying. Sometimes I will join friends and they are in a server with 9 bots as well, so it must happen to more people.

I've found restarting csgo+steam sometimes fixes it, but not always.

---

As for the matches are about to kick off, I've put 2 small bets on the teams with the best odds, based on reddit comments and the odds themselves. It is mostly a gamble though.

1TSeJNa.png

Divius

Tyloo is just destroying Genk, it's a fun game though. It's fun seeing teams that aren't as good as Titan/Fnatic give their best and having less effective tactics.

And yeah the casters aren't great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom