• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pity.

The automatic scoped rifles hit hard. I remember watching a Europe v US game a good few months ago and those were the ones everyone gravitated towards.

Hindle

Banned
It's been ages since I played a top draw shooter after becoming dislusioned with the genre. This though has got me back into it. Long live CS!

Kydd BlaZe

Xbox version disallows party chat. NO BUY.
This is actually a good thing. In a game like this, party chat would ruin the competitive nature of the game by allowing dead teammates to provide intel to the surviving players (a bit similar to the Search and Destroy mode in Call of Duty). I was worried that Valve would let this slip by them.

KlotePino

Is there any kind of clan leaderboard or structure for planning and tracking scrims? I know there's matchmaking now and a good fun clan structure might be what could convince me and some friends to get into this.

CoolS

Where are the Europeans in the thread?

I'm tempted to buy a server for us to jam on.

I'd pitch in as well, would be great to have an awesome Euopean server with a nice map rotation of official and custom maps. Just like the one I had in the good old days. And not TOO many mods.

rCIZZLE

This is actually a good thing. In a game like this, party chat would ruin the competitive nature of the game by allowing dead teammates to provide intel to the surviving players (a bit similar to the Search and Destroy mode in Call of Duty). I was worried that Valve would let this slip by them.

face to black fixes this

A lot of the people that play this game don't seem to like people that have not played as much, even in the casual modes.

Everybody likes to feel superior to the newcomers by pretending that their playing longer actually means anything.

I get home at 7 (London).

I'll look into it; I don't think it's going to be more than £10-12 a month for a server.

In regards to the community, a lot of idiots playing. Best to ignore; if you come a n00b, give them tips etc.

In dota 2, I was showing my opponent in mid the runes and the magic that is the bottle. Just walked him to the spots. Still won the match, standard.

Encourage don't disparage.

Synless

I turned on my ps3 this morning and this was downloaded to my system from PS+, the thing is, it says in the store it's $11.99. Did I somehow get a free version or was that a demo?

Psykotik

i can't get the game to recognize my keyboards on PS3.

using a razer lycosa. also tried using a cheap no brand USB keyboard. both didn't work.

they work when i'm in the XMB though, but not in game. tried to press the SPACE bar when it asks to select input device but nothing.

mouse works fine.

what am i doing wrong?

I get home at 7 (London).

I'll look into it; I don't think it's going to be more than £10-12 a month for a server.

In regards to the community, a lot of idiots playing. Best to ignore; if you come a n00b, give them tips etc.

In dota 2, I was showing my opponent in mid the runes and the magic that is the bottle. Just walked him to the spots. Still won the match, standard.

Encourage don't disparage.

How many players you thinking of making the server?

Spazo

Is there a website that can help me with config cmd to tweak the game a little bit.

back in 1.6 / source, there was some cmd to limit fps, cl_interp, better menu for buying guns

edit: nvm found something :)

I know in some of the other modes it's more; could be 8 v 8 or 10 v 10.

Or maybe it's just the server with more people on it. This will have to wait until tonight when I get home to do the requisite research.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm really loving this but I hope there's a patch for the framerate in the PS3 version now that Valve is in control of the updates. I enjoy Arms Race but it can be a slideshow. Thank god I haven't had an issue in normal matches. Those are pretty smooth.

We need to get some PS3 GAF games going. Should be fun.

Arnie

Just bought on 360; bit bummed that party chat doesn't work with the game, now I'm relying on my friends picking it up too.

Might need to get a mouse with higher dpi, I'm finding it hard to do 180 headshots like in the good old days. Could well be due to the fact that I'm not 13 anymore.

Cyberia

Modern military shooters have become a disposable cliché, full of ideas and maps that we will forget in less than a year, whether it's in the bouncy, power-up-heavy arcade instakill frenzies of Call of Duty or Battlefield's Black Hawk Down-infused cross-country running. The core of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a reminder that quality can be permanent rather than fleeting, and the new additions give us new reasons to take interest and - hopefully - another way in for people who are ready for something different.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-17-counter-strike-global-offensive-review

9/10

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Got a bad bug when i downloaded the full game from within the trial version.

None of my buttons would work in game. I couldn't shoot, crouch, jump or switch weapons. Dashboarding didn't help, neither did resetting the console. The only time the buttons worked would be in the deathcam screen.

Am redownloading the full version again to hopefully clear the issue. Just a heads up.

TheExodu5

Banned

In the PC version, dead players can talk to alive players...which makes sense since competitive players always used Vent/TS anyways.

Euro-PS3 owners won't be getting the game today, sorry guys.

Love SCEE's continued silence on it, despite their blog being full of questions - an anticipated title not even worthy of a mention?

Edit: Controls on the 360 version took a while to get used to, but this is really fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom