• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Server change?
I tried multiple games and they were all the same. Then I wired the console up, thinking that would fix it, and it was still the same. And I found a game with people speaking French, and people with 'Fifa' in the name, so I assumed it was a European server (I'm from GB), still the same.

Same here.

I tried like 20 games, they are all the same...this is totally unplayable.

Yep.

I'm willing to accept that my connection isn't great, I'm in the countryside at the moment doing some house sitting whilst a member of my family is away on holiday.

However I'm able to play any other game I care to mention lag free, and haven't had any connection related hiccups. Yet this is suddenly unplayable.

I'm sure my connection is a factor, but the net code in this is abysmal.

I tried multiple games and they were all the same. Then I wired the console up, thinking that would fix it, and it was still the same. And I found a game with people speaking French, and people with 'Fifa' in the name, so I assumed it was a European server (I'm from GB), still the same.

Yep.

I'm willing to accept that my connection isn't great, I'm in the countryside at the moment doing some house sitting whilst a member of my family is away on holiday.

However I'm able to play any other game I care to mention lag free, and haven't had any connection related hiccups. Yet this is suddenly unplayable.

I had some weird laggy moments as well but only very rarely not constant.

Uiki

Yep.

I played with 3 firends in a private match and everything is working fine...

The game is rubber banding when 5+ people are in the game.

OG Kush

Anyone able to run this on the Mac yet? Works fine in windows, lets me install on mac, but never actually runs :(

macbook pro bought couple weeks ago, works great really high fps (like 200 haha!). But something is off with the aiming. I turned mouse acceleration off aswell and it still feeels weird.

hyduK

Banned
Never played a CS game before. Got this for Sexbox.

Any tips?

Don't be the guy that goes lonewolf in games. It's cool if you wanna hide in tunnels sometimes and catch rotaters as T, but there's really no point in running into B and dying when the rest of your team is pushing long A with the bomb.
If you're CT defend the bombsites. It's cool to try to rush mid to tunnels on dust_2 once in a while. But for the most part you'll just end up dying.
Speaking of mid and tunnels, learn the map locations so you can understand calls. For example, on dust_2 you'll want to know stuff like long, mid, cat, tunnels, double doors, pit, etc.
Use sound. SOUND. Oh, and assume other people are using sound to, and take advantage of it. You can use this in plenty of ways, from running to fake a rush, walking to delay push, fake defusals to bait someone out, etc.
Learn the timings so you know when you should be throwing flashes, what spots you can get to without being spotted, etc.

This is all more important than aiming, as knowing where to position yourself as CT, and where CT's will be positioned as T is going to net you plenty of kills. It won't really apply if you're playing huge games, but for 5's that kind of knowledge is invaluable.

rCIZZLE

Is it worth on xbox? or better PC?

PC is the one guaranteed to have the most support. 5 years from now I'll still be able to play CS:GO on PC if I want to. I wouldn't bet on the same happening with consoles.

Plus modding and competitive communities will be much more represented on PC. Also the game is really designed for a mouse and keyboard. No aim assist on console will probably be frustrating for those used to CoD, BF3, Halo, and most (all?) other shooters.

OG Kush

Man its weird using this buy menu. Hell they even changed many of the numbers! As in I could always do b,4,2 thats ak47, b,8,2 kevlar+helmet, b,8,4 grenade etc etc. Not really much of a complain but my muscle memory for the buy menus is getting screwed with haha

hyduK

Banned
Man its weird using this buy menu. Hell they even changed many of the numbers! As in I could always do b,4,2 thats ak47, b,8,2 kevlar+helmet, b,8,4 grenade etc etc. Not really much of a complain but my muscle memory for the buy menus is getting screwed with haha

B43 not buying me and M4 is a travesty.

I have never played CS on PC and i only played the Xbox version once. I must say that i like Global Offensive! I've bought the 360 version.
It's very fun to play and the weapons feels awesome! There is no auto-aim, i like that. Reminds me of SOCOM.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Geesh, the aiming feels awful on the 360. The aiming mechanics are really not built for a controller, not for a game with this kind of pace.

Defuser

MAG-7 is the most imba shotgun I ever laid hands on. Sure it has slow firerate and 5 clip but goddamn it's damage is WTF.

Close range? = BOOM! You're dead.
Health less than 100? = BOOM! You're dead.

M4 is a piece of shit now. The trademark CT weapon is now a useless piece of junk now. :(

CoolS

Wow, I didn't know that servers are that chep nowadays. For 12-15€ you can get a 14-16 slot server. I never knew.

Parallacs

I was spectating a guy that went 24 and 1 last night (on the PC). He would aim at peoples feet with the famas or AK and then spray upwards in long bursts of 6-10 bullets, regardless of the distance. Doing this mechanic on CS: Source would have been worthless.

Some impressions:

Dust doesn't look very dusty. It looks like wintertime with the harsh shadows. I actually think Source looks better for the dusts and office.

It is nice to play maps that no one plays anymore in Source (like Aztec and Italy). I need to search to see if CBBLE and Piranesi are on here.

The shotguns are terrible now. I had mastered the pump and auto in Source but I can't even kill someone from 10 feet away now. Meanwhile spraying with an AK, I can kill pretty much anyone.

WHERE ARE SILENCERS?

Lots of maps default back to AWP fests. There are reasons why many Source servers have NO AWP/NO AUTO in their title. There should at least be a game mode for it.

hyduK

Banned
Lots of maps default back to AWP fests. There are reasons why many Source servers have NO AWP/NO AUTO in their title. There should at least be a game mode for it.

God no.

Going into a game only to realize that there's no awps/one per team was the worst shit ever. AWP has a completely undeserved reputation of being op.

Defuser

The shotguns are terrible now. I had mastered the pump and auto in Source but I can't even kill someone from 10 feet away now. Meanwhile spraying with an AK, I can kill pretty much anyone.
Did you try Mag 7? That gun is a beast, anybody come close to it = dead. I just took out nearly the entire team with it.

FeD.nL

Got a problem here, just bought it and i'm trying to install it but nothing happens. Only seeing the 'copying existing content into steam' line with no progress in the bar below for the past hour.

so just tried k/m on ps3. it feels awful. turned off mouse acceleration and dynamic crosshairs, but something about it is just off. i seriously hope it doesn't feel this way on pc and its just a ps3 issue. i may just stick to using controller. which is weird to say because the last time i've played an fps seriously on console was goldeneye or halo 2.

feel

No party chat on xbox is a buzzkill on my intentions to doubledip. I just want to chill with my xbox buds shooting the shit without getting interrupted, silenced or annoyed by randoms.

Casual mode's ability to see enemies' POV while dead ruined it for everyone. I like to play on the "competitive" setting where ghosts can't see what the enemy is doing and can only offer advice based on the teammates perspective, kinda like peeking at your friends screen next to you on a lan while you're dead and giving a pointer or two. Actually listening to your dead friends screaming advice to you and then going OOOOOOHHH when you do something cool on the Steam chat is great. Oh well.

Parallacs

God no.

Going into a game only to realize that there's no awps/one per team was the worst shit ever. AWP has a completely undeserved reputation of being op.

I go into some Source servers and right away I can hear that both teams all have AWPs. They take skill to use so I'm not complaining about them being OP, but they can shut down certain map tactics. Such as CT flash-rushing long hall in Office. This keeps CT camping spawns and slowly pushing up through garage and stairs. Every round.

I don't see how making it an optional toggle is really a bad thing. They are two totally different modes of play.

Parallacs

Did you try Mag 7? That gun is a beast, anybody come close to it = dead. I just took out nearly the entire team with it.

I need to look at names more. Is that the one with the 5 round clip? I had fun with it in Nuke. I guess I'm just upset the basic pump shotgun doesn't perform well.

Randdalf

Funny, this is actually a main reason TO buy 360 CS:GO. Having your dead buddies tell your alive buddies where the enemy are is basically cheating and would completely break the game.

People playing with their friends on the PC get to use Mumble/Ventrilo/TeamSpeak, I don't really see the difference. Unless you're talking about casual mode.

Formless

I need to look at names more. Is that the one with the 5 round clip? I had fun with it in Nuke. I guess I'm just upset the basic pump shotgun doesn't perform well.

I actually had the opposite experience with the Nova shotgun -- I find that it's pretty great. Still trying to get used to the sawed off one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom