• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing online on the PS3 version, I didn't see any colored bar or number showing me how good my connection was.
After playing a number of hours, also started to notice the framerate drops even more.
Hard to track people smoothly, even with kbam.

Am going to download the Xbox version tomorrow; hopefully it runs a little better.
Game really should have been 60fps, especially only being 5v5.

Mileena claiming this game is the same as it was early in beta is complete balogny. This game has changed dramatically from early beta, and extensively in the February to April timeframe. The most recent couple of patches even further made it much better.

There are still some tweaks that could be made, but this old 1.5 vet is pleased.

Daigoro

The price tag is imposed by Microsoft. However, any and all DLC for CS:GO will be free on the X360 because it'll also be free on the PS3 -- just as is the case with Portal 2. The idea that DLC should have a price tag attached to it unless said content is available for free on a competitor's platform is one of Microsoft's more disagreeable XBL policies.

better than charging for it regardless, but yeah.

also, doesnt it have to be sans achievements if its going to be free as well? or is there like an exception for one set of DLC? ive never been clear on this crap.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Played for 4 hours with the PlayStation Move and I'm not impressed.

The most annoying thing is the "aim assist". When cursor overlaps enemy, cursor sensitivity drops severely resulting in a sluggish feeling. When you crouch, cursor sensitivity goes down as well, messing with your muscle memory.

Every time you go from crouch to standing or from scope to hip view mode, cursor spawns in the middle of the screen and then travels to where it's supposed to be (that is, where you are aiming).

Cursor doesn't match the upward recoil. You can see the gun tilting upwards, the bullets on the wall drawing a vertical line, but the cursor stays still at the bottom of that line.

Vibration messes up accuracy A LOT. You better turn it off.

Some odd button mapping. In order to equip the knife (which you do by pressing L1 on the DS3) you need to press UP on the d-pad (hence releasing the left stick). Funny thing is the big, fat main Move button is not used at all.

You are asked to calibrate every time you go into a game from the main menu.

Cursor/recoil thing is intentional, the recoil is making the bullets hit away from where you are pointing. Release the trigger and fire again and it should go back over the crosshairs.

Aim assist sounds bad though. Have you tried on a DS3 to compare?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cursor/recoil thing is intentional, the recoil is making the bullets hit away from where you are pointing. Release the trigger and fire again and it should go back over the crosshairs.

Aim assist sounds bad though. Have you tried on a DS3 to compare?

Yeah, the cursor recoil thing might be intentional, but it doesn't behave like that with the DS3 (reticule goes up along with the gun). It's not a big deal anyway once you realize cursor doesn't provide visual cue about recoil.

There doesn't seem to be any assist with DS3. EDIT: Actually there is.

Lace

Really loving the PS3 version. I'm hoping they can somehow increase the frame rate to 60 in coming patches. Would definitely make the game have that extra smoothness.
Any chance the PS3 version will be able to have any type of custom maps?

6f3.jpg

for xbox

Copenap

Jumped in yesterday for my first CS match in years and I really enjoyed it. Now I just need my skill back though I was quite pleased with my performance.

I have a question I hate to ask, because normally I would browse the web myself (I did) and get the information but I'm just really clueless if it comes to notebooks. My bro owns an Acer Aspire 5820tg (Intel Core i5-460m; 4096 MB DDR3; ATI Radeon HD 5650). According to a review it rund Starcradt 2 and BF:BC2 at medium details above 40fps so I assume CS:GO shouldn't be a problem? Can anybody tell if CS:GO would work? Is there some way to maybe even test it?

red731

Jumped in yesterday for my first CS match in years and I really enjoyed it. Now I just need my skill back though I was quite pleased with my performance.

I have a question I hate to ask, because normally I would browse the web myself (I did) and get the information but I'm just really clueless if it comes to notebooks. My bro owns an Acer Aspire 5820tg (Intel Core i5-460m; 4096 MB DDR3; ATI Radeon HD 5650). According to a review it rund Starcradt 2 and BF:BC2 at medium details above 40fps so I assume CS:GO shouldn't be a problem? Can anybody tell if CS:GO would work? Is there some way to maybe even test it?

My exact laptop - 1080(playing on 42"), everything maxed. (ATI MR HD driver 12.7)

Bazza

Started playing on the PC version the other night and its pretty obvious iv not played a counter strike game in a few years but i still had alot of fun.

Link0080

Just had our first scrim and we enjoyed the shit out of it. Really love using the Molotov to stop the ct's from coming towards the bomb site to defuse. Can't wait to scrim more tomorrow.

Also the M4 sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom