• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why am I getting matched up with people from EU :mad:

Got a bad bug when i downloaded the full game from within the trial version.

None of my buttons would work in game. I couldn't shoot, crouch, jump or switch weapons. Dashboarding didn't help, neither did resetting the console. The only time the buttons worked would be in the deathcam screen.

Am redownloading the full version again to hopefully clear the issue. Just a heads up.

I had that issue. Redownloading fixes it.

danno1769

Neo Member
Downloaded and played it last night. I thought it looked great and played really well. Its been years since I played CS and I was dominating.

Smeghead

Got a bad bug when i downloaded the full game from within the trial version.

None of my buttons would work in game. I couldn't shoot, crouch, jump or switch weapons. Dashboarding didn't help, neither did resetting the console. The only time the buttons worked would be in the deathcam screen.

Am redownloading the full version again to hopefully clear the issue. Just a heads up.

Happened to me as well, but if you go on the control settings screen you can see that all the configs are blank. Pressing Restore to factory defaults resets the controls, saves you re downloading 2 gigs.

hyduK

Banned
I keep getting put into EU servers when we queue with 5. It seems like when we queue with less it drops us in a US server (but of course unless you queue with 5 you don't get put on the same team...).

Anyone else have this issue?

Wow, Counter Strike is like riding a bike I guess.

After not playing for a good 3 years, yesterday I was dominating like crazy, the Gungame with Bomb planting mode is a lot of fun.

The game is totally worth it at $15 and Im so happy that we get global stats, I love looking at stats after playing.

Smeghead

What is the 360 demo like? Online only, or is there bots?

As far as i can tell it has everything bar all the maps, the only ones playable are Italy and Office.

Took me a while to get adjusted to the floaty feel of the movement after playing games like BF3 where they simulate running so realistically, but after a while everything started to click and it was very enjoyable.

I was laughing at how bad/not used people are on this game when watching the death cam.

For other PC folks, is this happening for everyone or is it just me?

iGMv43r5dLkdN.png

Just a tad jarring...

Enjoying this a lot, and the pool of players seems to be a lot larger skillwise. I bought source never having played counterstrike before and got my ass handed to me. This isn't half as bad, although I'm still getting pretty worked so far.

Never played a CS game before. Got this for Sexbox.

Any tips?

Duck when you shoot, shoot automatic weapons in bursts, don't run straight through doorways.

Tawpgun

Enjoying this a lot, and the pool of players seems to be a lot larger skillwise. I bought source never having played counterstrike before and got my ass handed to me. This isn't half as bad, although I'm still getting pretty worked so far.

Duck when you shoot, shoot automatic weapons in bursts, don't run straight through doorways.

I feel like im doing all this but its not working.

TheExodu5

Banned
I feel like im unloading on enemies but their not dying...

In CS, there's a lot of recoil and decreased accuracy as you keep firing. Also, your accuracy goes way down if you're firing while moving. Do short, controlled bursts, and stop moving right before you shoot.

Try using the AK47 and M4 as much as possible.

rCIZZLE

Never played a CS game before. Got this for Sexbox.

Any tips?

Best advice I can give is just play. Get used to the maps and different guns. As far as shooting goes, running and shooting doesn't work as well as in other games. Get used to shoot 1-2 roudns, strafe, stop, repeat for far range targets and spraying into the neck/head of close range guys.

In CS, there's a lot of recoil and decreased accuracy as you keep firing. Also, your accuracy goes way down if you're firing while moving. Do short, controlled bursts, and stop moving right before you shoot.

Might also be server issues or typical unpolished launch problems. Sometimes someone will be close-mid range and I'll unload into their chest with an m4 while controlling spray... only to die and see I hit them 1 out of 20 rounds. Already checked spray patterns several times and they aren't off to the point that it'd be the reason I'm missing so many shots.

Like for one, I emptied what must have been like 8 pistol bullets on a dude standing still.
try the weapons course. are you new to cs? asside from no aim assist, there are many things which can affect your accuracy. i think the weapons course does a pretty good job at teaching basics.

theexodus5 said:
i think the mp5 made a great beginner gun moreso. although csgo doesn't have that anymore. haven't had time to try out the mp7 or mp9. anyone know how those compare?

Try and learn the spray pattern of each gun. Fire at least half of a clip in one go at a blank area of wall.

For example at 3 or 4 metres away the AK-47 has the first two rounds on target, the next two are slightly off, and the rest go off into the stratosphere. Vary the distance and also bring in movement to get a grasp of how to use each weapon effectively.

The challenge is sticking to short bursts and resisting the temptation to spray and pray, which hardly ever works.

CoolS

The challenge is sticking to short bursts and resisting the temptation to spray and pray, which hardly ever works.

I'm having trouble doing that when I run into a group of 2-3 guys in close range. I used to be able to kill at least one or two before they got me in 1.6 but I always die nowadays.

rCIZZLE

Try and learn the spray pattern of each gun. Fire at least half of a clip in one go at a blank area of wall.

For example at 3 or 4 metres away the AK-47 has the first two rounds on target, the next two are slightly off, and the rest go off into the stratosphere. Vary the distance and also bring in movement to get a grasp of how to use each weapon effectively.

"spray and pray" is a bad idea but using controlled spray to mow down multiple enemies in close-mid range was always a good strategy in cs.

I'm having trouble doing that when I run into a group of 2-3 guys in close range. I used to be able to kill at least one or two before they got me in 1.6 but I always die nowadays.

Burst is the worst thing you could do in that situation. You simply don't have time to let recoil reset between bursts even if you have 100% accuracy. Spraying and aiming the recoiled bullets at their head is ultimately what you'd want to be able to do.

I remember when I first started playing CS, I played exclusively with the MP5 for like 3 months, once I mastered that I moved to the rifles, AUG, AK47, M4, and then later to Snipers.

Once you learn how to use all the weapon classes you can become a beast.

My one complaint about this game is the weapon models, they all seem very similar, Im having a hard time knowing what weapon im carrying in Arms Race.

Tried Move support

It's rather good actually!

It's just that I suck with move aiming. Basically whenever I fire, I throw the cursor off no matter how much I try to squeeze, not pull, the trigger

Still, major fucking kudos in the work these guys put into the PS3 version

Arnie

I'm lagging horrendously on 360. Don't have any problem with other games, just this. I even wired the console up and the game is consistently jittery. It's awful.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Is there cross platform play between PC and PS3? I thought I remember that being one of the early features.
No.

I'm lagging horrendously on 360. Don't have any problem with other games, just this. I even wired the console up and the game is consistently jittery. It's awful.

Server change?

CoolS

anybody got that youtube explaining weapon recoil and noob mistakes to avoid?

Here you go:

The CS:GO lessons on this youtube channel helped me understand the way the weapons work. Since watching them, I've been scoring a lot more kills and doing a lot better overall. There's a lot of basic information in there but he keeps dropping useful tips every minute or so, too. It's worth a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cleeholtzman/videos?flow=grid&view=0

Snowballo

Just came here, a few questions concerning X360 version.

1. No demo yet?
2. If no demo yet on Xbox Live is there a way to get it and put on USB key as we do with japanese demo?
3. How good seems the game right now compared to the PC version?

Thanks!

Uiki

Same here.

I tried like 20 games, they are all the same...this is totally unplayable.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Tried a few quick matches with bots. First impressions: no Valve head logo, instant regret. Feels weird. Guns sound/look/animate much nicer than Source. Cant help but shake the feeling that aside from global illumination Source actually had better looking maps.

I'll play it when I'm more interested in sitting down and sinking my teeth in.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Do that, but it still feels like it takes forever to kill
bots
. I can even aim for the head since I know there's no ADS so I have to "hip-fire" normally and know I'm hitting their chest and/or head but they don't go down. It's pretty WTF at times. I know CS isn't in the " Call of Duty" damage level and I know older FPS are like this but it's kinda jarring.

Thanks...so there are steam features like Portal 2 had on the PS3?

Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom