• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naked Lunch

People playing with their friends on the PC get to use Mumble/Ventrilo/TeamSpeak, I don't really see the difference. Unless you're talking about casual mode.
Prolly why I stopped playing CS in like 06. If you dont see how having the dead people tell exactly where the alive people are is a problem, then I cant help you. Its cheating. Being that this is nixed out of the 360 GO makes it the version of choice for me.

TGMIII

Prolly why I stopped playing CS in like 06. If you dont see how having the dead people tell exactly where the alive people are is a problem, then I cant help you. Its cheating. Being that this is nixed out of the 360 GO makes it the version of choice for me.

But if you play Classic Competitive on PC then you can't spectate the other team while dead. The only thing a dead friend could tell you on mumble would be the last place he saw him and any intelligent player is going to be aware of that fact that everyone now knows where his last position was.

Naked Lunch

But if you play Classic Competitive on PC then you can't spectate the other team while dead. The only thing a dead friend could tell you on mumble would be the last place he saw him and any intelligent player is going to be aware of that fact that everyone now knows where his last position was.
Good to know. I was unaware.
Still looking forward to playing CS on my couch!

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Is it true its not available on EU psn? If so when?

It's true sadly, so stupid. I just bought a new PSN card especially for this. Was looking forward to it ...

Unfortunately, Counter Strike will not now be available in the European PlayStation Store, and we apologize to those who have been looking forward to playing it. We hope this issue as soon as possible to solve and let you know when the situation changes.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I expected the Mag-7 to be hella ridiculous based on what people are saying about it. Really only good up VERY close, not as much range as some as the other shotguns.

Bummed I didn't turn up the sensitivity sooner, my trial ran out shortly after. Had fun with the game once I bumped it up. Now I'm on the fence about getting this on PC and possible having performance issues because my CPU sucks, or grabbing it on the 360.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
360 version's default aiming settings are terribad. It plays decently once you jack up the sliders all the way.

f@luS

More than a member.
It's true sadly, so stupid. I just bought a new PSN card especially for this. Was looking forward to it ...

Unfortunately, Counter Strike will not now be available in the European PlayStation Store, and we apologize to those who have been looking forward to playing it. We hope this issue as soon as possible to solve and let you know when the situation changes.
Wow. Its available everywhere on xbox, pc but not EU ps3? Fuckit. Next week?

Is it sure that pple who play with Kbm cant play with ppleusng gamepad?!

I just encountered a pretty major bug in the 360 trail version, i opened the IGM right before the next map loading started (cause i wanted to change my sensitivity), so my in-game menu appeared over the loading screen of the next map and my game crashed.

Now, every time i enter a game, i cant shoot, open the buy menu, switch items, nothing. I can just run around with my pistol and not shoot it...... I cleared the cache, restarted the game, nothing. I cant shoot or switch guns i cant do anything anymore! wtf

Levito

Banned
Add me to the list of people that miss the MP5, can't believe they scrapped it but kept things like the UMP.

CS diehard fanatic fans, is it better than 1.6?

At this time no, but it's far and above better than Source and is well on it's way to being just as good as 1.6.

Has anyone else experienced major lag in the 360 version? I just had some terrible moments in a game. I'm playing the trial and I want to buy it but if that's normal I'll have to pass.

Arnie

Has anyone else experienced major lag in the 360 version? I just had some terrible moments in a game. I'm playing the trial and I want to buy it but if that's normal I'll have to pass.

Been having it all day.

Had one game online that was playable, the rest have been a jittery mess. Don't have any problems with other games, so I'm assuming that the netcode in this is pretty poor.

The game's great playing with bots, but there's only so much fun you can have playing CS offline.

Tried a few quick matches with bots. First impressions: no Valve head logo, instant regret. Feels weird. Guns sound/look/animate much nicer than Source. Cant help but shake the feeling that aside from global illumination Source actually had better looking maps.

I'll play it when I'm more interested in sitting down and sinking my teeth in.

Source maps had so much physics going on, also all maps made by TurtleRock are the ones that got ported right away. Without new models and only a few texture tweeks.

Once the game has all the maps its going to be so perfect.

So... just played one match with my buddies and also got the controller glitch as some other Gaffers have stated. This sucks so bad, when will they fix it?

I have re-downloaded and cleared my Xbox cache and still busted!

So... just played one match with my buddies and also got the controller glitch as some other Gaffers have stated. This sucks so bad, when will they fix it?

I have re-downloaded and cleared my Xbox cache and still busted!

Go back in the control options and choose "Restore to Default" if you haven't tried already.

WARNING TO ALL OF YOU THINKING OF BUYING THE 360 VERSION:

THE GAME IS BROKEN.

I just encountered a serious bug as described above. I deleted my game completely and re-downloaded it and it still doesn't work anymore.

I can enter games but my guns don't shoot, i cant switch to items or guns, i cant open the items menu, nothing. And i have 25 minutes left of trail time.

Ive cleared my cache, Ive deleted my trail and re-downloaded it and cleared my cache again but i cant use any of my guns anymore. Its absolutely ridiculous.

Be careful if you buy this crap on 360, i warned you.

Edit: resetting controls to default fixes this. Thanks for the input.

randomwab

THE GAME IS BROKEN.

I just encountered a serious bug as described above. I deleted my game completely and re-downloaded it and it still doesn't work anymore.

I can enter games but my guns don't shoot, i cant switch to items or guns, i cant open the items menu, nothing. And i have 25 minutes left of trail time.

Ive cleared my cache, Ive deleted my trail and re-downloaded it and cleared my cache again but i cant use any of my guns anymore. Its absolutely ridiculous.

Same thing happened to me. Go into Controls in the Menu, and hit Y to restore default.

THE GAME IS BROKEN.

Go back in the control options and choose "Restore to Default" if you haven't tried already.

OG Kush

Just played the trail on 360...
The game proved a point that console FPS's NEED auto-aim. The sticks aren't as accurate as a mouse and never will be. I could hardly even shoot anyone was so stupid. I'm not talking crazy amounts like COD, just a little bit goes a long way.

Arnie

The game proved a point that console FPS's NEED auto-aim. The sticks aren't as accurate as a mouse and never will be. I could hardly even shoot anyone was so stupid. I'm not talking crazy amounts like COD, just a little bit goes a long way.

I agree, and I used to play CS on PC. The game needs some use of subtle aim assist to recreate the same feeling as achieved on PC. Sticks just aren't really a straight substitute for a mouse.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!

If it had aim-assist it wouldn't be Counter-Strike.

I'm really enjoying it on 360, had no issues apart from the controller glitch but that gets fixed by changing it to default.

Put the sensitivity way up, walk mode set to hold I think.

I don't think it needs auto aim tbh, I've had no problems picking off enemies as long as I crouch and position myself well. This isn't a run and gun shooter like COD so I don't think the lack of aim assist is a massive detriment to the gameplay.

equil

I'm really enjoying it on 360, had no issues apart from the controller glitch but that gets fixed by changing it to default.

Put the sensitivity way up, walk mode set to hold I think.

I don't think it needs auto aim tbh, I've had no problems picking off enemies as long as I crouch and position myself well. This isn't a run and gun shooter like COD so I don't think the lack of aim assist is a massive detriment to the gameplay.

I agree. It adds to the challenge.

hwateber

Can anyone help me out? I can't seem to get CS:GO to launch at all. It says "Preparing to launch" , my status changes to playing for less than a minute, the csgo.exe appears in my processes briefly, but nothing launches at all. I've tried restarting my computer, updating my drivers, deleting clientregistry.blob, verifying integrity, and I'm currently reinstalling. Anybody else have this problem and can point me in the right direction? Thanks!

AEREC

Im so on the fence about this one...I havent played CS (1.6 or Source) in a very long time...so I know Ill get my ass handed to me.

Tried the xbox trial and thought it was solid aside from the horrendous framerate, but I know it will run better on my PC (i7, GTX 460 1GB).

Spazo

Is there a way to become a good player without people calling you noob everytime?
CS:GO is my first Counter Strike.

CS is not a spray and pray game

You have to learn your weapon.

Try to walk most of the time. Try to listen for ennemy and anticipate from where they come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom