• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
I can totally understand you, and I felt like that for a long time.

But I also think betting is one of the reasons why CS:GO grew that big that fast, so in some ways it's also a really good thing.

Its really is a double edge sword. Until the day DDOS are a thing of the past. There will always be those who will try to throw games, cheat, DDOS, etc.

I know betting is quite popular. But at this point. It might be best to just get rid of it during normal tourneys. I mean. I highly doubt CS:GO popularity will drop overnight because there are less betting.

I think betting on like charity matches would be better because teams won't be throwing matches, because no decent human being would purposely try to lose money that could go and help those in need. And its the same with people who DDOS.

Also maybe like if you bet money. Then a percentage of your money that you win should also go to the winner charity.

Of course there will still be shitty people out there who dont care about sick little Timmy.

CoolS

Its really is a double edge sword. Until the day DDOS are a thing of the past. There will always be those who will try to throw games, cheat, DDOS, etc.

I know betting is quite popular. But at this point. It might be best to just get rid of it during normal tourneys. I mean. I highly doubt CS:GO popularity will drop overnight because there are less betting.

I think betting on like charity matches would be better because teams won't be throwing matches, because no decent human being would purposely try to lose money that could go and help those in need. And its the same with people who DDOS.

Also maybe like if you bet money. Then a percentage of your money that you win should also go to the winner charity.

Of course there will still be shitty people out there who dont care about sick little Timmy.

All big tournaments are on LAN anyway, so that's no problem. It's just the online matches. So maybe just dialing back the betting on them would be great.
Like I said last week, I loved that hitbox actually asked CSGOL to not put up bets for their tournament

On the topic of throwing games. I don't think any of the "big" teams would ever throw a game, they know it is to important to the scene as a whole that they remain honest about what they do. Not to mention that if actual proof was to surface, it would destroy the team.

Rivitur

Banned
Damn map is dark as hell not that hell is dark with all the fire I'm sure its quiet bright tho I'd assume the mood is quite dark but still damn.

CoolS

Does anyone here know if it's still possible to disable the tree sway in GO? shader detailw as the way to go but it just doesn't work for me anymore :/

garath

Hmm.. You can still bet on c9 vs iBP. I'm guessing that means they are starting over.

Hopefully c9 still owns it. I'm not surprised they came out of the gate hard. They wanted this bad.

ViviOggi

If the issue is on Valve's end I'm confident they've been investigating it for while and we can except a fix soon*
There's no doubt that they want GO to continue succeeding competitively and betting has a huge influence on viewer numbers, let alone how it must look to potential customers when half your games are getting ddos'd. There's no way they'll let this situation keep up for much longer, but due to their infamous lack of communication we won't hear about it until it's fixed.

On the other hand I haven't seen top tier players like Fnatic's or NiP's getting ddos'd lately, which, unless I missed recent matches where it happened, suggests they weren't taking the necessary precautions to protect their IPs and managers have started to crack down on them.

*in Valve time

garath

Individual players getting DDOS'd isn't a Valve issue. Someone has their IP (usually through Skype) and floods the individual players.

If the match server gets DDOS'd then that's a different issue. I don't know who's responsible for the match servers in these situations, in older games it was the players or organizations that maintained the match servers (again putting the onus on the teams or the tournament organizers).

Really, there's not much that Valve themselves can do about the DDOS. This is strictly a network thing. Players need to protect their IPs, stop using Skype and tournament organizers need to protect the server IPs.

The only situation I could see Valve stepping in, is if the match servers are public in the server browser with no option to make it private. They should have the option to prevent the server from showing up in the server browser (which they may already have)

CoolS

If C9 can do 12-0. They can do it again.

But then again also expect another DDOS.

If they can't match the performance from yesterday though, it's going to suck so hard for them. I'd probably loose my mind as a pro if that happenend to me.

Edit: Thinking about it, no way they can match that. going 12-0 isn't something you can do consistently. It's going to be much closer today.

Shadownet

Banned
If they can't match the performance from yesterday though, it's going to suck so hard for them. I'd probably loose my mind as a pro if that happenend to me.

Yeah the thing I learn about C9 is their team is all about momentum. If everyone on their team is firing on all cylinder. Its quite hard to stop them. Look at seangares, he's usually the weakest player on the team and yet even yesterday he was holding his own.

I mean the match is restarting right? So 0-0 again?

I have a feeling unless C9 go all out and get lucky with their momentum again. IBP might change the course in this rematch. I honestly cant see IBP letting people down especially now that they been given a 2nd chance to do better. I'm sure a lot of people already gave them shit about doing do badly last night.

Rivitur

Banned
Yeah the thing I learn about C9 is their team is all about momentum. If everyone on their team is firing on all cylinder. Its quite hard to stop them. Look at seangares, he's usually the weakest player on the team and yet even yesterday he was holding his own.

I mean the match is restarting right? So 0-0 again?

I have a feeling unless C9 go all out and get lucky with their momentum again. IBP might change the course in this rematch. I honestly cant see IBP letting people down especially now that they been given a 2nd chance to do better. I'm sure a lot of people already gave them shit about doing do badly last night.
I just don't get it. Its not like they were being ddos the first 12 rounds. If iBuyflowers ends up taking this game there might be a big outcry from the community.

Shadownet

Banned
I just don't get it. Its not like they were being ddos the first 12 rounds. If iBuyflowers ends up taking this game there might be a big outcry from the community.

I think Sabot noticed that the DDOS started happening around round 9 or so. The game started getting a tiny bit laggy on my stream around then too. You started really noticing it on 12-0.

Yeah if IBP win this, some people are going to be upset (some happy). Honestly I can only see 3 way this can end.

-C9 get a big lead again and the match get DDOS and they have to reschedule it again.
-C9 get a big lead again and the match get DDOS and IBP forfeit.
-IBP win this match and a lot of people get upset.

But yeah unless C9 is firing on all cylinders. IBP might be able to break through their CT defense. But it seem like C9 finally figured them out though.

Edit: they're playing 14 hours from now according to CSGO Lounge.

Mokoi

Banned
I always read about DDOS attacks while browsing the thread.
Do we know who is responsible for them?

Yes I'm sorry for using my elite hackerz skills to DDoS, but I just can't lose mah digital skins. These digital cosmetics are just really serious business, and the actually competition between these teams is worthless you know.

Nahh, it's just a bunch of nerds without anything better to do who don't want to lose their skins.

soultron

Banned
I think Sabot noticed that the DDOS started happening around round 9 or so. The game started getting a tiny bit laggy on my stream around then too. You started really noticing it on 12-0.

Yeah if IBP win this, some people are going to be upset (some happy). Honestly I can only see 3 way this can end.

-C9 get a big lead again and the match get DDOS and they have to reschedule it again.
-C9 get a big lead again and the match get DDOS and IBP forfeit.
-IBP win this match and a lot of people get upset.

But yeah unless C9 is firing on all cylinders. IBP might be able to break through their CT defense. But it seem like C9 finally figured them out though.

Edit: they're playing 14 hours from now according to CSGO Lounge.

I have to say, it was fucking crazy how badly C9 was steamrolling IBP. That the lag started around R9 makes sense, I guess.

I still don't think IBP will win it, especially if C9 leads off the first 3 rounds like that again (if it starts again from R0?). I would love for IBP to win it since I bet on them, but goddamn... C9 was going buckwild.

I do think these skins are the worst thing implemented in CS. Too late for a CS without it since people would bet with skins even if there was a new version of CS.

Greed brings a lot more toxic attitudes.

#bringbackmods

garath

My csgolounge.com account is now empty. Feels bad man.

I_know_that_feel_bro.jpg

garath

Woot. One operation breakout case drop and I've almost paid for the all access ticket by itself. And I guess I'll admit, the missions are a semi-fun way of collecting skins. I hate that my first mission was doing a competitive game though. No time for that :(

Oh and the deathmatch get 60 kills with dualies was ridiculously annoying.

a) Those pistols suck
b) kills on bots don't count and half the deathmatch servers are bots

Took me almost an hour total to complete that mission.

Woot. One operation breakout case drop and I've almost paid for the all access ticket by itself. And I guess I'll admit, the missions are a semi-fun way of collecting skins. I hate that my first mission was doing a competitive game though. No time for that :(

Oh and the deathmatch get 60 kills with dualies was ridiculously annoying.

a) Those pistols suck
b) kills on bots don't count and half the deathmatch servers are bots

Took me almost an hour total to complete that mission.

60 is just insane.

Had one that was 30 glock kills in TDM. The glock is a stapler against people with armour. :/

impact

Banned
lol wait until you get "win 16 rounds in Competitive mode on Insertion." Best mission ever.

"win 16 rounds on <insert operation map>" is always awful. The only time I'll ever play those garbage maps, I guess you win Valve?

Does anyone know how the map voting stuff works even? Are we bound to get a map from the operation in the game or since no one plays any of them will they just go right into the next operation? I'd rather a competitive slot not be wasted on any of the maps in Breakout, and I'm sure 99% of the competitive scene agrees. Man if we can get Tuscan AND Season in the next operation Gabe will be forgiven.

Odah

Banned
lost 2 stupid bets and won my 2 most important bets today, 1 more bet on Fnatic vs. Hellraisers in favour of Fnatic and looks like im gonna win that one too. good day, MILES better than yesterday :/

soultron

Banned
"win 16 rounds on <insert operation map>" is always awful. The only time I'll ever play those garbage maps, I guess you win Valve?

Does anyone know how the map voting stuff works even? Are we bound to get a map from the operation in the game or since no one plays any of them will they just go right into the next operation? I'd rather a competitive slot not be wasted on any of the maps in Breakout, and I'm sure 99% of the competitive scene agrees. Man if we can get Tuscan AND Season in the next operation Gabe will be forgiven.

Hoping for Tuscan as an official comp map seems a bit foolhardy considering the legal issues surrounding the map. I also don't think it will meet Valve's quality bar... visually it looks like a CSS map...

Xizk

Lost all my bets today. No more betting for 1 week as I did a fresh install of Windows yesterday. Need to save up some skins for next week. Watching the teams lose my skins live at DH Stockholm will be nice :p

chessnut

I never thought cobblestone was a good competitive map, and I hated it even more when cloud9 and LDLC were knocked out of ESL because of it...but after playing it competitive for the past 2 weeks, I've had a lot of fun playing it. Guarding drop zone is hard as fuck, though. I can't tell you how many times i got headshot'd by a falling down terrorist....

I hope it remains in the active duty list, but I want valve to replace it with season or cache or something new/better

on a side note, i put up a max bet on LDLC ($240) and I felt like throwing up when epsilon beat them. I got so pissed I put $130 on OG over Na'Vi on season and won around $440....I'm too lucky I starting to feel guilty

Omega

Banned
Hmm.. You can still bet on c9 vs iBP. I'm guessing that means they are starting over.

Hopefully c9 still owns it. I'm not surprised they came out of the gate hard. They wanted this bad.

seriously? oh well im never using this site again

way to just encourage DDOSing even more. bet a knife or something on 90/10 odds and hope for upset. or just ddos and get your souvenir dragon lore back.

win/win

ironmang

Won most of my bets but only up a little due to Titan coming back down 7-0 against VP. I know both teams are inconsistent but I still think a medium bet on VP was the right call given the 49/51 odds and them running hot against Mouz on Mirage only minutes before.

Besides that only other bet I lost was Mouz over VP on D2 which looked like a tossup going into it.

seriously? oh well im never using this site again

way to just encourage DDOSing even more. bet a knife on 90/10 odds and hope for upset. or just ddos and get your souvenir dragon lore back.

win/win

Honestly I don't even think DDoSing was the only reason they responded like they did. Sure the match would have been completed but ESEA and NA in general has been failing hard to stick to any kind of schedule. Shouldn't be that hard to join a server and type ".ready". ESEA has a plethora of servers too so finding one that works shouldn't be an issue either.

CoolS

There normally is no map voting. If anything, you can hope for season, but according to fmpone's last twitter even that is iffy.

Everyone had high hopes for Breakout with at least crown in it, and you can see where we ended up soooo.. expect nothing of the next operation and hope for a fun map or two.

Oh and fuck Na'Vi and Overgaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom