• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
9A130B1C1A0CC60FE8C146B0978768ACED576E42

I was smurfing with a low level buddy earlier - kept playing on that account and ended up playing with c9's manager. Ended up top fragging and got accused of being one of his friends :D. Top fragger on the other team was suspicious as hell though, c9 manager dude(stunna) kept accusing him of hacking lols.

Omega

Banned
anyone here play Payday 2? it's been forever since i played, but since Steam won't let me see the group I keep seeing all these DLC updates.

now im tempted to get back into it because of the hotline miami dlc.

Ensirius

How did I live my life without betting on csgolounge? It's awesome watching matches where you have bets on... It's another experience entirely.

soultron

Banned
What's the benefit of using 144hz monitor over 60?

I have a 60hz Asus monitor right now.
It's like seeing things in real life vs watching a home video.

I play 120hz with light boost at home, 60hz at work. I play everyday, in both places, and the difference is noticeable, I'm not even kidding.

If you can afford it and CS is a game you play at least 10 to 20 hours a week, a 144hz monitor is a really nice piece of equipment to own.

Shadownet

Banned
It's like seeing things in real life vs watching a home video.

I play 120hz with light boost at home, 60hz at work. I play everyday, in both places, and the difference is noticeable, I'm not even kidding.

If you can afford it and CS is a game you play at least 10 to 20 hours a week, a 144hz monitor is a really nice piece of equipment to own.

And you know I play 10-20 hours a week XD lol

Arucardo

I'll definitely vouch for 120hz. Using a VG278H with lightboost myself and there's just no way I'm going back to 60hz. G-Sync and the AMD equivalent seem interesting though.

Also, that mouse I was thinking about (G502)? I kinda bought one >_> . Didn't notice a huge difference coming from a G400. Also, I don't see why I'd want to add any extra weight to it.

vazel

Banned
What's the benefit of using 144hz monitor over 60?

I have a 60hz Asus monitor right now.
Strobe backlights(lightboost) is what you're after. When I got my 120Hz monitor I was really disappointed at first, even at 120Hz the motion looked significantly worse than my plasma and CRTs, but then I enabled lightboost and the motion resolution got MUCH better.

Good site for strobe backlight information is Blurbusters.

ChrisW

Man i'm sick of getting crap in cases, spent about £25 on keys now from drops and I've got nothing put one purple.... best weapon I've had was a Caiman and I bought that from market...

soultron

Banned
It's gambling. You have to know this going in. The odds of getting anything good are very low. Sometimes you'll get something valuable, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll like the look of it, or even the weapon it's on. Here's a better idea: find a reasonably priced skin (let's say $10) and then just buy one outright. You'll have a skin you like, on a weapon you'll use, and you'll probably have saved yourself money.

Also you need to ask yourself: are you doing this to get something you'll use or something you'll try and sell for profit?

ChrisW

My aim is to get a vulcan or Cyrex and i'm not going to spend £200 on those, so just hoping to get them or something that I can trade for one.

Just a bit shit how for £1.49 you get a skin worth 7 pence, I mean they have your money so it's no skin of their nose to provide better skins.

ironmang

This is a weird question but does anybody know the exchange rate in trading keys for other skins? I've heard keys are worth more than 2.50 in trade since they're the closest thing to a currency we have.

garath

My aim is to get a vulcan or Cyrex and i'm not going to spend £200 on those, so just hoping to get them or something that I can trade for one.

Just a bit shit how for £1.49 you get a skin worth 7 pence, I mean they have your money so it's no skin of their nose to provide better skins.

It's just the way the market works. It's worth 7 pence because of how common it is from the cases. If the "best" skins were common then they wouldn't be worth that much. Why would someone pay 200 on a skin that would drop commonly from a 1.49 case? :)

Shadownet

Banned

You're better of saving up $5 a day until you can buy yourself a Cyrex. Opening cases yield worst results than gambling on CSGO.

ChrisW

You're better of saving up $5 a day until you can buy yourself a Cyrex. Opening cases yield worst results than gambling on CSGO.

Yeah but there is some fun to be had in opening cases too, where as saving the £5 a day or week isn't much fun and it's less of an impulse buy, more of actually spending £200 on a skin :S

(I know eventually I'll spend the same amount, but it'll last longer and i'll have fun doing it)

But I understand what you mean about skins being rare for a reason, but c'mon £30 and I've made back like £3?

ironmang

Hate when CSGL gives me a handful of 2-5 cent skins to round it out or whatever then won't let me bet due to having too many skins in returns. Should just be a "donate" or "delete" button or some shit.

garath

I wish the missions gave better rewards. I've done 4 or so now and they're all shit skins. :(

Granted they are easy to complete but I have no desire to open more cases and I'd love to find something cool.

impact

Banned
I think Sabot noticed that the DDOS started happening around round 9 or so. The game started getting a tiny bit laggy on my stream around then too. You started really noticing it on 12-0.

Yeah if IBP win this, some people are going to be upset (some happy). Honestly I can only see 3 way this can end.

-C9 get a big lead again and the match get DDOS and they have to reschedule it again.
-C9 get a big lead again and the match get DDOS and IBP forfeit.
-IBP win this match and a lot of people get upset.

But yeah unless C9 is firing on all cylinders. IBP might be able to break through their CT defense. But it seem like C9 finally figured them out though.

Edit: they're playing 14 hours from now according to CSGO Lounge.

I hate to say this, but if iBP are winning I kinda hope someone DDOS the server. I ain't betting on those two bad teams but Cloud9 deserves to be bailed out after that, they should have won the match or started at 12-0. Really unfair for them.

Good luck. You're probably going to spend more on opening cases than the market price for a Factory New.

This is true. I've opened at least 50 cases and my best item was a AWP electric hive worth like $8. It's the biggest waste of money, moreso than outright buying skins or yolo betting.

soultron

Banned

Good luck. You're probably going to spend more on opening cases than the market price for a Factory New.

ironmang

I wish the missions gave better rewards. I've done 4 or so now and they're all shit skins. :(

Granted they are easy to complete but I have no desire to open more cases and I'd love to find something cool.

I've done like 25 missions on 2 accounts and only got one skin that was 2nd tier. Not worth it for the time wasted doing stupid shit like ump kills in deathmatch.

soultron

Banned
This is true. I've opened at least 50 cases and my best item was a AWP electric hive worth like $8. It's the biggest waste of money, moreso than outright buying skins or yolo betting.

I don't even want to think of how much I've spent on keys, but the only things I've ever opened that were worth anything were ~$25 USD a piece, before Valve's cut after I sold them on the Marketplace. Everything else has been absolute garbage.
I spend about 10-30 a month on Steam Wallet funds on CS. Please don't hurt me.

CoolS

I've done like 25 missions on 2 accounts and only got one skin that was 2nd tier. Not worth it for the time wasted doing stupid shit like ump kills in deathmatch.

It's just the same as opening cases really. I actually like most missions, except competetive matches on Operation maps since I HATE the maps this time around. Getting the mentioned UMP kills at least is something I wouldn't do otherwise. Or playing Demolition for once, which was actually quite fun, even though the people I played with were all pretty bad.

I hope the keep the mission structure for the next Operation :)

ironmang

It's just the same as opening cases really. I actually like most missions, except competetive matches on Operation maps since I HATE the maps this time around. I hope the keep the mission structure for the next Operation :)

Wish I could have a little control over missions though. Like if I could do ak/m4/awp on deathmatch or comp on normal maps. I know the odds of getting anything are low but the mission drops are already start a tier below cases so getting 1 blue after 25 missions is pretty dumb.

edit: plus not counting bots towards kills becomes frustrating. Had a demolition mission that took forever since nobody joins that playlist unless they're doing missions.

Omega

Banned

the only reason i open cases is because i want a butterfly slaughter and a hunstman slaughter.

butterfly isn't even on the market

hunstman is $360

soultron

Banned
the only reason i open cases is because i want a butterfly slaughter and a hunstman slaughter.

hunstman is $360

Well, you could always do a paypal trade.
Please don't do this... might get scammed.

I'll tell you guys the truth: I open cases because I like the thrill. I am not a smart man.

E: fucking lol @ mouz scheduling 2 games at the same time. ESEA and Arena Championship.

impact

Banned

hunstman is $360

you're better off getting $20-30 in skins and start betting. If you don't bet on iBP, Cloud9 or Virtus.Throw you should have enough to trade for a huntsman slaughter within a month or two.

garath

Wish I could have a little control over missions though. Like if I could do ak/m4/awp on deathmatch or comp on normal maps. I know the odds of getting anything are low but the mission drops are already start a tier below cases so getting 1 blue after 25 missions is pretty dumb.

edit: plus not counting bots towards kills becomes frustrating. Had a demolition mission that took forever since nobody joins that playlist unless they're doing missions.

This is the worst. Missions take WAY longer than they should because no one is playing the shitty gametypes.

I just love wasting an hour of my already precious gametime running around a deathmatch server with dualies half filled with bots. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom