• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayMay

Banned
csgolounge keeps reeling me back in. I keep losing but keep betting... help!

Same thing happened to me a while ago, lol. I'm not betting atm, but every time I enter the OT and read all the posts I feel like I should give it another try.

Nope. Lost too much already lol

garath

Same thing happened to me a while ago, lol. I'm not betting atm, but every time I enter the OT and read all the posts I feel like I should give it another try.

Nope. Lost too much already lol

I know the feeling. I want to keep betting but I used all my spare skins. It was all steam card money so no skin off my nose. I refuse to spend real money to bet.

MayMay

Banned
Loool, so apparently there was a Ban wave.

Been going through the list of players I've met in MM recently - and there are a couple of "0 day(s) since last ban" ones. Including a guy I've played with yesterday.

1f7f6d2870.jpg

This is funny, because we were all calling the guy out for ddosing a game of my lobby, among other stuff.

He wasnt the only hacker I've checked - seems like they VAC banned all the hackers I've met recently. Hope they continue doing that. JUSTICE

I'd throw some 3ct skins on a value bet but I keep getting this message:

Can't get items. Possible reasons:
- This profile is set to private ?
- Could not connect to Steam servers;
- Backpack is empty.

Edit: nvm, working now

Shadownet

Banned
Apparently the HR vs A-Gaming game has been postponed.

If the game doesn't resume in 12 hours. All skins will be returned.

But I highly doubt this DDOS attack was about skins. Since the game was essentially tied when it was DDOS (3-2)

I think someone just really hate HR and want them to get DDOS as often as possible.

impact

Banned
So the DDoSing scum wins again. iBP vs. C9 skins are being returned even though C9 won handily.

I don't think these jabronis running the site know what they're doing, or they're betting on matches and they're clearly biased in what matches have skins returned. Let's just keep rewarding DDoS by giving the babies their skins back, so they can do it again tomorrow when they lose!

udiie

I've been playing a lot of Destiny (who knows why... most unrewarding game ever) and probably the biggest thing I've noticed about it is that the OT is relatively unfriendly and also moves way too fast to have any real questions answered. I guess what I'm saying is I appreciate CS GAF and the OT we have here.

Omega

Banned
So the DDoSing scum wins again. iBP vs. C9 skins are being returned even though C9 won handily.

I don't think these jabronis running the site know what they're doing, or they're betting on matches and they're clearly biased in what matches have skins returned. Let's just keep rewarding DDoS by giving the babies their skins back, so they can do it again tomorrow when they lose!

when did they play again?

ViviOggi

It's pretty hard to deal with a denial of service.

DDoS has been a non-issue in Dota 2 for ages now and pretty much all it took were some interventions by Cyborgmatt and this blog post. It's not necessarily Valve's job to inform players on protection measures but it's still in their best interest since their competitive scene is looking like an utter shit show right now.

Additionally there apparently is no way to mask server IPs in CSGO so the occasional server DDoS is on Valve either way.

soultron

Banned
I'm joining the RedBull After Hours Gaming League with people from work. This should be interesting. I work with some insanely good CSGO players (one guy is an ungodly AWPer) so I hope I can learn from these guys and run some sick yolo/#rekt strats with them.

I've been playing a lot of Destiny (who knows why... most unrewarding game ever) and probably the biggest thing I've noticed about it is that the OT is relatively unfriendly and also moves way too fast to have any real questions answered. I guess what I'm saying is I appreciate CS GAF and the OT we have here.

I feel like when either:
A) Bungie adjusts the loot drop rates and systems
B) The launch hype/hate finally dies down
that the Destiny OTs will be great places to talk about the game.

Too many things seem to frustrate people just talking about that game, so I'd imagine it's a bit hostile in there as a result.

Mokoi

Banned
You know how do people switch to knife back to the awp so quick? I just use the mouse wheel because reaching for number keys is a pain. I assume they have specific bindings to make it easier.

Also DDoS is bad mmmkay.

udiie

I feel like when either:
A) Bungie adjusts the loot drop rates and systems
B) The launch hype/hate finally dies down
that the Destiny OTs will be great places to talk about the game.

Too many things seem to frustrate people just talking about that game, so I'd imagine it's a bit hostile in there as a result.
Agreed. I imagine you're definitely spot on about people being frustrated but also I think there's a lot of hostility in people who actually like the game a bunch seeing other people constantly talk about it's glaring problems.
Hopefully everyone relaxes a bit when it dies down.

ViviOggi

You know how do people switch to knife back to the awp so quick? I just use the mouse wheel because reaching for number keys is a pain. I assume they have specific bindings to make it easier.

Dunno how the pros do it but I've got primary weapon on Q, pistol on E and knife on F.

Mokoi

Banned
Thanks CoolS I'll try that binding out once I get home, and lol I've played for about 120 hours now yet never pressed q.

Also I'll play around with my own bindings, and see what I like best.

cHinzo

Thanks CoolS I'll try that binding out once I get home, and lol I've played for about 120 hours now yet never pressed q.

Also I'll play around with my own bindings, and see what I like best.

One of the worst habbits from playing 1.6 was pressing Q to switch weapons every few seconds lol. Together with shooting and ducking at the same time so hard to get rid off. :(

garath

Also DDoS is bad mmmkay.

I swap awp to pistol pretty easily (in fact it's hard to train my muscles NOT to quick switch after shooting) because of my bindings. I have primary weapon bound to mouse scroll wheel down, secondary to mouse scroll wheel up. So when I fire I just scroll up then down again quick and it flashes from one weapon to the other.

Omega

Banned
Dunno how the pros do it but I've got primary weapon on Q, pistol on E and knife on F.

I swap awp to pistol pretty easily (in fact it's hard to train my muscles NOT to quick switch after shooting) because of my bindings. I have primary weapon bound to mouse scroll wheel down, secondary to mouse scroll wheel up. So when I fire I just scroll up then down again quick and it flashes from one weapon to the other.

i tried to have binds similar to this, but by the time i set them i had 100 hours of just the default settings. i kept fucking up because of that

i should just play casual for like two weeks and try to get used to it

Lourio

I can switch weapons fairly quickly just using the numbers above. I can also carry a 'convo' using just the voice comms, been playing way too long. Working in IT helps, albeit constantly on the keyboard.

garath

i tried to have binds similar to this, but by the time i set them i had 100 hours of just the default settings. i kept fucking up because of that

i should just play casual for like two weeks and try to get used to it

I hear you there :(

I used to have flashbang on my first thumb mouse button and HE on my second thumb button but due to wanting to use push to talk for competitive, I switched them to 3 and 2 respectively and it's been SO hard to get used to. I've been playing for years and years with the same settings - since CS:Source was released really.

cHinzo

I hear you there :(

I used to have flashbang on my first thumb mouse button and HE on my second thumb button but due to wanting to use push to talk for competitive, I switched them to 3 and 2 respectively and it's been SO hard to get used to. I've been playing for years and years with the same settings - since CS:Source was released really.

Try binding the scrollwheel button for flashbang and V for push-to-talk. Works pretty great for me. :d

garath

Try binding the scrollwheel button for flashbang and V for push-to-talk. Works pretty great for me. :d

Hmm. I figured it would be difficult to communicate quickly with a keyboard binding for push to talk. With it on my mouse it won't interrupt my normal movements.

I didn't have this problem when I played competitive source. I just used voice activation with vent or TS. I do not want voice activation with randoms though lol.

MayMay

Banned
I saw so many ppl with lots of knifes, keys etc in their inventories getting VAC banned today... allllllllll gone (or, more like they cant do anything with them anymore. Cant trade them etc)

Really satisfying to know that this ban wave happened lol.

soultron

Banned
Yeah, not a fan of this caster either. He was ragging on NaVi the first 10 rounds and now I feel like he doesn't know what to say since it's evening out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom