• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

udiie

Fishing for upsets only because of extreme odds (like your history suggests) will get you nowhere in the long run, you gotta pick your battles based on research and expected value. I had to learn this myself after only getting into CS betting recently and since then, between stat sites and discussion here, it's been relatively smooth sailing. Worked my way up from a devastating -$20 or so (fuck you IBP) to +$15.

It's not my full history, but I see how you'd come to that conclusion based on what i've posted lol. I'm definitely looking more into the stats aspects of games now, for the past few bets i've made some calculated choices; additionally, I dont really have/nor would risk the skins for a solid return from 60%+ odds. If they're going to be under a dollar coming back, I'll avoid the bet altogether or make a small upset bet (~25 cents) on the underdog

Omega

Banned
i'll never understand why people use xbl gamertags on steam

watching a stream and this guys name on the other team is C 12 4 C K 5 H 0 7

its steam, you can just make it crackshot..

I want steam to add Spetsnaz to the CT side and bring back the Arctic Avengers to the T side. Though I doubt gaben cares about anything more than keys, hats, and rares :p.

Shadownet

Banned
So EzioCroft, Animlboogy, a guy name Home and I play CS:GO pretty regularly. We're looking for someone around the same skill level to be our 5th member. We got tired of playing with a different 5th person all the time. Communication are usually not up to where we want.

If we can get a 5th person around the skill level of Nova 1 - Nova 4-ish. That would be amazing. Especially if that person has experience in AWPing or calling strats, to be our in game leader. But that's not a requirement.

If you're interested. Please PM on GAF. I played with some of you before. We're just looking for a 5th member to make a consistent group. To learn more about strats, call out and overall get better at the game. We are all very friendly and patient with one another :)

MayMay

Banned
So EzioCroft, Animlboogy, a guy name Home and I play CS:GO pretty regularly. We're looking for someone around the same skill level to be our 5th member. We got tired of playing with a different 5th person all the time. Communication are usually not up to where we want.

If we can get a 5th person around the skill level of Nova 1 - Nova 4-ish. That would be amazing. Especially if that person has experience in AWPing or calling strats, to be our in game leader. But that's not a requirement.

If you're interested. Please PM on GAF. I played with some of you before. We're just looking for a 5th member to make a consistent group. To learn more about strats, call out and overall get better at the game. We are all very friendly and patient with one another :)

^ Listen to that man.

[blablabla edit edit edit this is all not relevant anymore lol]

Shadownet

Banned
^ Listen to that man.

I managed to find one! Omega Rex volunteered! We played with him on Cache if you remember! He was quite good at AWPing. So you can finally pick up a rifle Lol

Hopefully we can test out our team tomorrow. I already told Animl. If you can tell Home. That would be awesome!

Yeah we been regressing bad. I think that contributed to us mostly not playing as much anymore. We went from playing 5 games a day to like 1 a day. Our communication and aim are really rusty sometimes. Plus being in different part of the world and different ping doesn't help either. But hopefully things will be better now.

MayMay

Banned
I managed to find one! Omega Rex volunteered! We played with him on Cache if you remember! He was quite good at AWPing. So you can finally pick up a rifle Lol

Hopefully we can test out our team tomorrow. I already told Animl. If you can tell Home. That would be awesome!

Yeah we been regressing bad. I think that contributed to us mostly not playing as much anymore. We went from playing 5 games a day to like 1 a day. Our communication and aim are really rusty sometimes. Plus being in different part of the world and different ping doesn't help either. But hopefully things will be better now.

Yeah, I told him - No problem. Tomorrow is gonna be a good day - full of competitive wins! Hype. Now we just need to come up with a sick team name :p

Haroon

Here are some ways you can better your communication:

1. Always communicate on what you hear, and see to your team. It will give them information that can be used to determined what the enemy team is planning. If the enemy team smokes long A, or flashes inside B, let your teammates know that it happened.

2. When you die during an encounter, quickly call out where the enemy was when he or she shot you, and how many other members of his team were present. This will give you vital information on what the enemy might be planning (things like a fake rush, a three-two split, etc...).

3. Let your teammate know whether you're going to smoke, flash, or grenade a certain area so that your teammate adjusts their style accordingly. An example would be that your teammate is planning to take over cat, it would be a good idea to pop flash cat so that your teammate has a greater chance of killing his opponent that may be pushed up cat.

4. When you're dead, continue to pay attention to what your teammate(s) are doing. There might be a moment in which your teammate did not see the enemy, but you did. It is good to call that out if your teammate did not react to seeing the enemy.

All of these tips are ranked by their importance (imo). If you keep these in mind, and only communicate these steps with your team (when required). You will have much better communication among yourselves, and you will be able to predict what the enemy is planning much more easily.

Omega

Banned
i wish this game would give me more contracts. i keep trying to complete this stupid ass Mist mission and i just cant

fuck everyone associated with making this map, putting it into the operation and making it a mission

i hope all their dicks fall off

Shadownet

Banned
i wish this game would give me more contracts. i keep trying to complete this stupid ass Mist mission and i just cant

fuck everyone associated with making this map, putting it into the operation and making it a mission

i hope all their dicks fall off

We could try it tomorrow as a team if you like.

Omega

Banned
i would not wish this upon anybody

i'd rather lay in fire until i die than play this map after i complete this mission

the only way this would be worth it is if it gives me a stat trak master piece, and even then it still might not have been worth it

I tried being your 5th once and then everyone left :(.

Omega

Banned
How would you even do that? And even more important: why buy a Zeus???

1. i have a dual monitor setup so i was watchin semphis. heard footsteps so i instantly shot the guy coming around the corner

2. bought a zeus cuz they had a bot so i wasn't trying to go hard. it was like 12-1

ChrisW

So many people trying to offer me crap guns but with €12 skins on them to justify the trade of my P90 Asiimov.

Really don't care about stickers at all

impact

Banned
Damnit now I got banned for a day on hltv with my other account lol.

I was a big gotfrag poster back in the day (FOUR NERDSTARS) but I never even signed up for a hltv account. For some reason the shitty CS trolls just irritate me now, I guess this is growing up.

Rivitur

Banned
I was a big gotfrag poster back in the day (FOUR NERDSTARS) but I never even signed up for a hltv account. For some reason the shitty CS trolls just irritate me now, I guess this is growing up.
All I did was mention vakaram and got the post deleted and banned.(of course I mentioned them 4 times because that's how many times they deleted my post) the fourth post was " this is old news V A K A.... Aw screw it N1"

Rivitur

Banned
The flash thru smoke one used to be true before the updates.

This is typical cs (sm1 posted this on the forums)

Kill someone with a P90 - "You're a fuc**** noob!! Noob weapon!!"
Kill someone with a P90 through a smoke - "You're a fuc**** hacker!!"
Kill someone with a AWP - "You're a fuc**** noob!! Noob weapon!!"
Kill someone with a AWP through a door - "You're a fuc**** hacker!!"
In a 1 vs 5 you die - "You're a fuc**** noob!!"
In a 1 vs 5 you win - "You're a fuc**** hacker!!"
Kill someone with a headshot - "Hacker!!"
Get headshoted by someone - "Owned!!" and get teabagged
Kill someone with a grenade - "Luck!!"
Get killed by someone with a grenade - "AHAHAHAHA"
Get teamkilled by someone - "Get out of the way you fuc**** idiot!!"
Accidentally teamkill someone - "You're a fuc**** idiot!!"