• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackr1fle

Neo Member
I'm looking for people to play with atm, most of my IRL friends couldn't handle the banter.

I'm MG2 right now but play cevo/esea more than I matchmake. I AWP more than I rifle but I'm good at both, I don't care about ranks really just want some good people to play with and figured I could throw this out there.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blackr1fle

Add me!

Shadownet

Banned
wtf is wrong with the servers? in a comp match and we can hardly move it's so bad..

Yeah me too. It started off as little jerking movement and then the last match i played on Dust II. it was so bad. That once when I threw a smoke. I got to the destination before the smoke landed.

K.Sabot

I still don't believe. Chat would've freaked out. Chat freaks out when purples drop, from the two times I've seen it happen.

It might have been a casual deathmatch, where you don't get people that understand skin rarity. casual dm is usually the place where I don't have people ogling my skins.

MayMay

Banned
Do you guys ever feel burned out of CSGO? Like, my usual lobby and myself have been playing competitive every day for weeks now. And our skill just keeps dropping and dropping lately, and we all feel like we might be a bit burned out.

You guys think taking a week off, playing some DM to get the basics down again etc. is a good idea in that case - or is that gonna make it even worse for us when we jump back into comp? lol

chessnut

Do you guys ever feel burned out of CSGO? Like, my usual lobby and myself have been playing competitive every day for weeks now. And our skill just keeps dropping and dropping lately, and we all feel like we might be a bit burned out.

You guys think taking a week off, playing some DM to get the basics down again etc. is a good idea in that case - or is that gonna make it even worse for us when we jump back into comp? lol

Yea take a couple days off. Or if your friends are up for it, spend time working on strats using smokes/flashes to take a site instead of matchmaking all the time. I've had this happen to my friends and I a couple times, it'll pass

I have about 1000 hours in GO and sometimes I just take like a week off an return.

udiie

When this happened to me and I dropped rank, I did the opposite of worry about strats. Instead, as I believe Atsou suggested awhile back, I focused entirely on aim control and core basics of the game. Instead of trying to add on extra things to worry about such as flashing or smokes, I concentrated on proper reticle positioning.
I also used one of the aiming maps that was posted on here to get extra practice spraying too. It seemed to work well for me.
Also, it can never hurt to take a break for a bit from comp.

Omega

Banned
wow Tweeday opened over 1000 cases before he got a knife'

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

BACK TO BACK STAT TRAK KARAMBIT SLAUGHTERS

im buying 500 phoenix cases

MayMay

Banned
Welp, so I've got a question. At some point I suddenly had 180 ping on US East servers (from Germany, where I should get a solid 90-100ms). On my Laptop as well - so I did a traceroute and it turned out to be bad routing - ISP said they cant do anything about it right now.
Long story short I tried out something that reroutes my connection. WTFast. It basically starts the game, and reroutes all the packages the game sends (which results in less hops, which means skipping whatever station on the way was broken/taking too long for me). Shaved off almost 100 from my 180, and now I'm at around 90 on US East.

I cant get VAC banned for that, right? Thats not cheating at all, it just reroutes my connection.. I guess Valve wouldnt even know that I'm doing it.
Basically I want to know if VAC already bans you if it just detects a suspicious program running in the background - or if it only bans you if it can confirm that you're cheating. I suppose the latter is the case, seeing as VAC bans cannot be lifted? Like tbh, this doesnt even classify as "suspicious" - but I stil want to know. lol

impact

Banned
damn I got to the point where my smurf is LEM so RIP playing with my less skilled friends in competitive :|

Really wish there was some kind of unranked competitive

ironmang

Decided to finally try and change my sensitivity from the apparently insane 1620dpi/2.33sens to 810dpi/2sens. Mostly always have been a wrist aimer since my mousepad and desk are both small. This seems about the lowest sensitivity I can go to be flexible on entries/retakes without getting my arm into it. Guessing a lot of people with like 400/1-2sens have a big desk they can rest their arm on?

wow Tweeday opened over 1000 cases before he got a knife'

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

BACK TO BACK STAT TRAK KARAMBIT SLAUGHTERS

im buying 500 phoenix cases

That shit reminds me of playing D3 a few weeks ago when I was trying to gamble for rare set pieces. After like 500 attempts I ended up getting 2 back to back.

We need to get some gaf skrims going. Put together groups of 5 and just go at it. Overtime we become a respectable league get on csgo lounge.
Then we throw for skins :p

Divius

Just played a weird game. The game was going fine until it started lagging like crazy, people were dropping out and the game became unplayable (DDOS on our pro match probably)

For some reason the game went on, pitching me and 2 teammates against 5 bots, which I didn't even know was possible. And then this one opponent reconnected in the final round, that was sad :(

773D6AB98108480C86D7EA4E5E0029AB56DEF810

At least I got my 16 won rounds :p

Arucardo

Just played a weird game. The game was going fine until it started lagging like crazy, people were dropping out and the game became unplayable (DDOS on our pro match probably)

For some reason the game went on, pitching me and 2 teammates against 5 bots, which I didn't even know was possible. And then this one opponent reconnected in the final round, that was sad :(

At least I got my 16 won rounds :p

Yeah, that was a strange match :D . Getting timed out twice and joining back in to see that we're playing against 5 bots was pretty confusing.

CoolS

So breakout ends on Oct 2nd. When do you think the next operation begins?
I still think they will extend it anyway next week.

If they don't: operation Phoenix ended around June 11th and Breakout started on June 1st. So three weeks after the end seems to be reasonable.

Odah

Banned
I think HR is going to win this match because,

Can't get items, Possible reasons :
-this profile is set to private
-could not connect to steam servers
- backpack is empty

ChrisW

Any suggestions on a skin that's value is rising? I have £10 fro my Asiimov sale, I've looked at the Cerberus but that's dropped a lot

Arucardo

Oh man, pretty happy that I held on to the ESL One Cologne 2014 Cobblestone Souvenir Package, the price just keeps going up, like 34eur now.

soultron

Banned
How do you get souvenir packages?
You have to watch live major LAN tournaments that give away drops. ESL One Cologne was the last event to do it, IIRC. You could spectate ingame via GOTV or on Twitch (had to link your Steam account to Twitch though.).

Everyone who watched had a chance to get the souvenir crate drops every round.

Odah

Banned
You have to watch live major LAN tournaments that give away drops. ESL One Cologne was the last event to do it, IIRC. You could spectate ingame via GOTV or on Twitch (had to link your Steam account to Twitch though.).

Everyone who watched had a chance to get the souvenir crate drops every round.

ah okay, thanks for the info

Omega

Banned
i hope CSGL fucks up on returns and gives me something way over value

what the..i was just logged into someone else's account somehow.

Omega

Banned
Take all the items! :'D

How is NiP looking today? Is it worth it to put a bet on OG?

i actually tried to see if it would let me. i wasn't going to take them but i was curious

it wouldn't let me

i have no valuable skins but its good to know its just a harmless glitch.

ironmang

What's up with the Finland match having such lopsided odds? Did people just see Sweden and say gg? Both teams seem about equal in terms of skill.

Odah

Banned
edit: double doge sorry

Ok guys, going all in on Fnatic today

I think they will be hungry for a revenge and since it's a BO5 anything can happen. Will be an interesting match for sure :D

Xizk

Don't know why people didn't bet on Winland. Was obvious that 25% was far too low. Lost most of my skins on DH Stockholm but got back a bit now as long as lounge pays up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom