• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW

Some fun matches today!

HR - Fnatic
Dig - NiP
TItan - VP
Epsilon - LDLC

I've gone with Dig against NiP, NiP just are too inconsistent,

tempted to have a big bet on Fnatic against HR.

I think Titan will beat VP quite easily

and LDLC will beat Epsilon I think, so i'm hoping got no upsets today

Odah

Banned

Dig against NiP on Overpass? not so sure about that

CoolS

Some fun matches today!

HR - Fnatic
Dig - NiP
TItan - VP
Epsilon - LDLC

I feel like doing a little write up on todays matches.

HR vs fnatic
While fnatic definitely are the favorites going into the game, the odds don't mirror the reality. HR have been looking better and better in recent times simce the addition of s1mple as dedicated AWPer, who seems to be on point in most games. And while inferno is one of fnatics best maps, it's important to note that HR almost beat fnatic on it two weeks ago before the DDoS made them forfeit.
HR are transitioning back from LAN to online though, but if they get off to a good start it might be hard for fnatic.
Overall I'd say the real odds are something around 60-40 or 65-35 in fnatics favor, which is why I thing going big on fnatic to get decent returns is quite risky. I bet small on HR since they are so undervalued here.

Dignitas vs NiP

NiP hasn't been looking so hot recently but they can always be a great team when they (and by that I mean f0rest,GR and friberg) have a good day. Map is Overpass, which could help NiP since their CT sides are really good most of the time. Game should be really close, I probably will but a medium bet on NiP and hope they feel good today.

Titan vs VP

Titan have been on fire recently and finding their game as a new team more and more, while VP seems to be in a slump. However, aparently the new Titan so far almost never played Nuke, so we don't know how well they are on it. On VPs side, pasha is back for this game.
This game is really hard to predict. I think the team that starts as CT will win this one, especially if they also win the pistol round. If the odds stay the way they are now, I might go small on VP, otherwise I'll just skip simce its quite risky.

Epsilon vs LDLC

Just like the odds would suggest, I agree that LDLC has this. But that also takes my bias into account that I don't think epsilon is a great team. And its dust2 and fxy0 definitely is a great awper. I will skip this altogether since 73℅ requires to much of an investment on LDLC and I dont feel good betting on epsilon, even if its just trash skins.

So that's my two cents on today.

Dig against NiP on Overpass? not so sure about that

Is it one of NiP's better maps?

NiP are quite good on it since it's CT sided. Dignitas on the other hand has also been looking solid on Overpass.

On a side note, I'm really happy that the pro teams seem to have accepted overpass and it is being played more frequently. Always loved the map.

Odah

Banned
Is it one of NiP's better maps?

There is a rumour that NiP is training on it alot lately because they want to be the best team on it but take it with a grain of salt.

oh and, any tips on how to get into the competitive scene of csgo? Like playing in tournaments..maybe ESL?

CoolS

There is a rumour that NiP is training on it alot lately because they want to be the best team on it but take it with a grain of salt.

oh and, any tips on how to get into the competitive scene of csgo? Like playing in tournaments..maybe ESL?

You could register for an online qualifyer for ESL one in cologne. Me and some friends did that. We lost 16-0 to a team that got 16-0ed themselves afterwards because they played against Planetkey Dynamics.

Haroon

Played Competitive Matchmaking. Faced against Shroud, and mCe. Beat their pug. Queued up again, and got destroyed by master guardians, and a legendary eagle master lol.

Rivitur

Banned
So it seems Copenhagen Wolves might be adding CadiaN(where's my lessons) and kjaerbye. While getting rid of Nico and cajunb.

ChrisW

If I'm the only person in a server can I turn on cheats? I.e for the GAF server? I'm wanting to turn on no clip and also smokes and flashes to try and find out some good smoke locations for season.

Or if not does anyone want to help devise some season strats? This evening I about 3 hrs?

Sini

If I'm the only person in a server can I turn on cheats? I.e for the GAF server? I'm wanting to turn on no clip and also smokes and flashes to try and find out some good smoke locations for season.

Or if not does anyone want to help devise some season strats? This evening I about 3 hrs?
Why not practice smokes in botless offline game?

cHinzo

LDLC > Dig
Fnatic > HR
NiP > DiG
Titan > VP
LDLC >Epsilon

so all in all, almost the complete opposite :p

Which games do u think are upset worthy? Mine would be:

Dig > LDLC (risky)
HR < Fnatic
Dig > NiP (risky)
Titan > VP
Epsilon > LDLC (wtf-am-I-smoking-level of risk)

Odah

Banned
Which games do u think are upset worthy? Mine would be:

Dig > LDLC (risky)
HR < Fnatic
Dig > NiP (risky)
Titan > VP
Epsilon > LDLC (wtf-am-I-smoking-level of risk)

Dig > LDLC risky but LDLC have the better aim + 2 awp strat so I went with LDLC
HR < Fnatic should be a safe bet but odds are shit
Dig > NiP = Risky cus NiP are still NiP and even when theyre underperforming I cant see them losing on Overpass, but we'll see
Titan > VP skip. I know Titan will win but I hate VP so much that If I would bet on Titan they'd lose against VP cus its Nuke
Epsilion > LDLC u fukin wot m8?

can't bet anyways since QUEUES ARE CURRENTLY FULL

cHinzo

Dig > LDLC risky but LDLC have the better aim + 2 awp strat so I went with LDLC
HR < Fnatic should be a safe bet but odds are shit
Dig > NiP = Risky cus NiP are still NiP and even when theyre underperforming I cant see them losing on Overpass, but we'll see
Titan > VP skip. I know Titan will win but I hate VP so much that If I would bet on Titan they'd lose against VP cus its Nuke
Epsilion > LDLC u fukin wot m8?

can't bet anyways since QUEUES ARE CURRENTLY FULL
Titan won 16-3 over VP on Nuke last month. And I consider games between teams of the same country a special case, since the underdoge always has a chance to win, because they all know each other so well. U will laugh at my Epsilon > LDLC prediction, just like my HR > VP prediction... for now!

Wunder

I went with NiP > Dig and LDLC > Epsi today, skipping the others because I'm not too confident. Hoping I can build on my mouz and HR winnings from these past couple of days and finally start a run of some kind

CoolS

You're lucky Xyp9x got DDoS'd. He was fraggin quite nicely on Dig's side and the new guy can't get any kills. :d
Doesnt matter, they still suck today. Lots of little silly mistakes

Edit: maybe they can do it. Way too close for my poor heart either way.

CoolS

Those switch ups and changing the site to plant the bomb mid round from LDLC are really cool. Loving those plays.

Guess I got saved by the DDoS for once

Edit: also funny how the odds for NiP jump by 3% the minute dignitas looses.

cresto

Still think NiP can win OP....Dig looked decent against LDLC, but it's a tough call. Gotta try to go with the better pay out i guess. It's all a crap shoot, really

CoolS

Remind me again, when NiP started to suck so much?

Edit: ddos again, this shit ia so sad. Too late this time hopefully though (and I say that with a bet on NiP)

CoolS

BmK41DACYAEmsiL.png:large

The plow is real. Will be interesting if they can continue that on CT and wheen the DDoS will appear.

Odah

Banned
after all the bots are offline shit I got a 20$ bet on Titan and they lose

godfucking damnit sometimes I hate betting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom