• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

impact

Banned
Yea but who did they beat there aside from VP in overtime? NiP? Barely beat a pug with some mouz members? Titan?

I dunno, I don't watch them play much cuz I don't like them but I've never noticed any of them being particularly good besides shox. Happy is just bad, and the rest of them are random.

BUT THEN AGAIN it could just be a bias against the French. I'm American so we have that.

CoolS

VP like you mentioned, NiP three times with 2-0 victories in BO3s, dignitas, HellRaisers are the big names they won against. The only team they didn't beat are fnatic, like I said. And I still think they haven't even hit their full potential yet. I fully expect that they will establisch themselves as the top french team and maybe even win a major in the future.

And I think NBK is a really good player as well. Obviously shoxie can co into beast mode anytime but I think calling stats is holding him back a bit.

Divius

New operation maybe? :eek:

--

I won this, pretty sweet:

bnLDhJ3.png

danielcw

I saw something for the first time today in CS:GO:
E664FEA1275D2BAF850A954DC04F89C811EB62B5

what is that red symbol, on one of my enemies?
the next time I killed him I even got a special noise, like having cleared a mission, and some extra symbol in the kill notification. that extra symbol looked like some fists, i guess. didn't get a good look or a screenshot.
after that the red symbol also disappeared.

uh somehow i broke my game i think

when i buy guns i only get 1 clip, none of my buttons on my mouse work aside from left and right mouse click

if it still happens after verifying game files
backup your configs and try resetting everything to default.

I saw something for the first time today in CS:GO:
E664FEA1275D2BAF850A954DC04F89C811EB62B5

what is that red symbol, on one of my enemies?
the next time I killed him I even got a special noise, like having cleared a mission, and some extra symbol in the kill notification. that extra symbol looked like some fists, i guess. didn't get a good look or a screenshot.
after that the red symbol also disappeared.

Domination
Domination is a feature that appears in Counter-Strike: Source and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. It shows a specific player that is repeatedly killing the same player.

K.Sabot

Wowow.

2 NA qualifier slots for Dreamhack Winter.

Pretty much confirms we'll see a Denial / NetcodeGuides / eleVate along with iBP at Dreamhack for once.

Omega

Banned
quite possibly the most useless update ever

Via csgo_servers:

MISC
Moved achievement icons to images on disk. The win panel now uses those images.
Fixed OSX audio options
Win/Lose round music cues now play music from the equipped music pack.

LINUX
Fixed bug where many items would be rendered with incorrect lighting causing them to appear very dark or black.

SDK
demoinfogo
Fixed a bug with entity lookup from player userid that was causing incorrect position/facing/team info for players in game events
Rumor has it:

S A D B O Y S :(
Item schema update: https://github.com/SteamDatabase/SteamTracking/compare/eca14aba0e94...1833457e7860

Most of these changes you probably won't notice
Size is ~15 MB

KingKong

Its nice that theyre sticking to updating the game every week even if it means a lot of patches are going to be like this. But still, tweaking small things and fixing bugs on a schedule is great

chessnut

LDLC aren't great either. There's only enough great french players to make one good team, but apparently they don't all get along. Did ScreaM, fxy0, kennyS and shox all play together at one point? I didn't follow this game till Valve made it playable after 1000 patches.

If anything, the French talent got condensed into 2 teams instead of 3. Before the roster shake-up, France only had 1 real contender, LDLC. Titan with kennys and scream just never worked and nothing could have fixed it. They're still new and don't forget that Titan won Dreamhack Stockholm a couple weeks back. There's just as much talent in the French scene as their is in any other country imo.

spk

LDLC aren't great either. There's only enough great french players to make one good team, but apparently they don't all get along. Did ScreaM, fxy0, kennyS and shox all play together at one point? I didn't follow this game till Valve made it playable after 1000 patches.

LDLC has been decent to good before it's current iteration going up to a year back. Those players haven't played together but Scream and Shox did playwith NBK on VG a while back. I guess fxy0 getting cut for attitude problems isn't new for him. There's enough talent in FR for more than 1 team
This team is so inconsistent aside from JW

olof is either dropping bombs or 0-25

This isn't true either, JW may be their best performing player lately but krimz and olof did work in LGB and flusha is pretty consistent, don't know how you came to that conclusion lol

Wowow.

2 NA qualifier slots for Dreamhack Winter.

Pretty much confirms we'll see a Denial / NetcodeGuides / eleVate along with iBP at Dreamhack for once.

I think you read that wrong.

In North America, there will be two open qualifiers taking place this weekend, each of them giving out two places to the regional finals, which will also feature four invited teams.

These eight teams will then battle it out in the closed qualifiers from October 20-21, with the winning side securing a place at DH Winter

Haroon

Yea I guess you're right, I just don't like how random the game seems to be at a pro level. 1.6 was never like this

also guys update is coming

also also wtf Epsi just released fxy0. Titan new 5th?

I think this game will continue to be random for a long time. It is because there is no such thing as an positional advantage. People are able to run and gun because the recoil is very forgiving.

I am sure you have been in cases in which you are holding a spot at an angle, but you still died from the player that was rushing you. I mean, they were rushing you, shouldn't there be some type of a time limit before your recoil resets to 0? That timer is there, but it is so short that you have people quick peaking a person that is holding a specific spot down, and without even knowing he or she is there, and kills them because they were standing on a common spot.

It is more about how well you are able to aim than about the positional advantage. If you go back to 1.6, and try to do these quick peeking maneuvers, you will quickly find that it is not possible. So, you won't see consistency from a lot of teams because this version of CS relies more on your aim than about position. This is all my opinion of course, but I think it is better for the game because it does not have a super steep learning curve, but difficult to master.

CoolS

Finally decided agaisnt betting on fnatic. My gut tells me LDLC is too unpredictable and IF fnatic loose a BO3, it will be against them.

cHinzo

Finally decided agaisnt betting on fnatic. My gut tells me LDLC is too unpredictable and IF fnatic loose a BO3, it will be against them.

Attack on Fnatic part 2, starring LDLC today. Altho I would think only VP can take a bo3 from Fnatic nowadays. -.-

impact

Banned
I feel like fnatic has a good shot at losing, yet I still don't want to put anything on LDLC. I shoulda just bet fnatic.

no bet >>>> stupid bet

cHinzo

Epsilon sucks. MyXMG sucks. So it's gonna end in a tie. I would watch how France is doing, because two of the Epsilon members are playing today.

Also, rip Riv. :d

Divius

^Only GMX played for France v Norway and he went 19-19

Epsilon playing with a new member for the first time, so I wouldn't count on them having a great match. I know nothing about myXMG though.
True. And fxy0 was one of their better members. XMG playing with a sub/stand-in as well though. I still think Epsilon can take this, might bet low on them.

cHinzo

^Only GMX played for France v Norway and he went 19-19

True. And fxy0 was one of their better members. XMG playing with a sub/stand-in as well though. I still think Epsilon can take this, might bet low on them.
Oh they changed their line-up before the game again? How did ScreaM do against Belarus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom