• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
lets be honest. Season won't be in

Valve only uses shit maps for operations. They know they don't have to use good maps because the cases and new skins are what sells the passes

impact

Banned
but what if they used good maps... because they... care about the community

PxW84aY.gif
PxW84aY.gif
PxW84aY.gif

impact

Banned
the music kits are more hilarious because most core CS players have the music at 0 :x

if I'm trying to clutch and just planted the bomb, the last thing I want is sandstorm to start blasting, congratulating me on planting the bomb.

CoolS

Valve only uses shit maps for operations. They know they don't have to use good maps because the cases and new skins are what sells the passes

If it's not in, it won't be for that reason. There have been a couple of good maps in the operations. People still wan seaside and agency back for example. And cache has already been mentioned.

Omega

Banned
why does Valve completely overkill it with locking you out of community features?

there was a gut knife for like $60, i was going to buy it because i have a bunch of steam bucks from selling useless shit i don't need in real life

haven't been able to use the market for like a week, won't be able to use it until the 17th. thanks valve!

impact

Banned
I had to counter jinx my bet to win it.Sorry impact.

Edit: wow, the first time I didn't get a retunr on my bet even tough I had a value of over 1$ :(

It's cool I bet almost enough on fnatic to cover my NiP loss. I got a nice AWP pink ddpat that I think I'm gonna keep. Honestly think it looks nicer than the asiimovs :x

CoolS

NiP is just bad now.

I'm sure they are trying to reinvent themselves atm. Their CT Inferno looked really nice for the most part. The question is whether they can actually do it or if they will have to change their roster eventually. I expect it could happen after DH Winter if they don't make it out of the group stages. Starting into 2015 with 1 or two players maybe?
I can also see them suddenly becoming amazing again as well.

I had to counter jinx my bet to win it.Sorry impact.

Edit: wow, the first time I didn't get a retunr on my bet even tough I had a value of over 1$ :(

Spoke too soon, returns are in.

soultron

Banned
the music kits are more hilarious because most core CS players have the music at 0 :x

if I'm trying to clutch and just planted the bomb, the last thing I want is sandstorm to start blasting, congratulating me on planting the bomb.

I put music back up to 0.2, heard some of the stuff, and then just turned my music back to 0.

Hearing things in-game is so much more important to me.

I'm sure they are trying to reinvent themselves atm. Their CT Inferno looked really nice for the most part. The question is whether they can actually do it or if they will have to change their roster eventually. I expect it could happen after DH Winter if they don't make it out of the group stages. Starting into 2015 with 1 or two players maybe?
I can also see them suddenly becoming amazing again as well.

If they get knocked out during the group stages, then it will be 2 players at least. Fifflaren is obviously not the only problem right now...Get_Right has been in a slump for months.

Rivitur

Banned
I put music back up to 0.2, heard some of the stuff, and then just turned my music back to 0.

Hearing things in-game is so much more important to me.
Pfft who needs footstep it all about that excitement of not knowing where the guys are coming from.

I saw this training method of playing inferno with harmless bots which randomly spawn across the map. Its supposed to sharpen your reflexes since you never know where they're coming from. Anyone ever try this?

Season probably won't be in it because it was put up on the workshop too late. You are right about Valve not needing to put good maps in the operations, because people will buy it just for the cases. But if they could put better maps in the Operations, don't you think they would? Most Operation maps are bad because the vast majority of the maps on the workshop are awful.

CoolS

Season probably won't be in it because it was put up on the workshop too late. You are right about Valve not needing to put good maps in the operations, because people will buy it just for the cases. But if they could put better maps in the Operations, don't you think they would? Most Operation maps are bad because the vast majority of the maps on the workshop are awful.

There definitely were some good maps last time aroung, like sparity for example. But in the end I guess we'll just have to wait till this or hopefully next week to see what we get.

Omega

Banned

You're right, most of them are bad.

But breakout was the worst. At least the other ops had Seaside/Cache to carry them. You couldn't pay me enough to have to play another match on those maps. It's like they chose the worst maps possible

Omega

Banned
Making people rage is the best.

the only reason I miss consoles. im not good enough at CS to make people rage ;_;

I'll never forget in Gears I got some guy so mad he yelled "I'm gonna shove your dick so far down my throat" and then cut himself off when he realized what he said, then left the game.

soultron

Banned
the only reason I miss consoles. im not good enough at CS to make people rage ;_;

I'll never forget in Gears I got some guy so mad he yelled "I'm gonna shove your dick so far down my throat" and then cut himself off when he realized what he said, then left the game.

I'm not even good and I have people calling me the usual fanciful names and accusing me of hacking.

There are simple rules to AWPing, don't re-peek another AWPer if you miss the first shot. You gonna get shot.

Omega

Banned
uh somehow i broke my game i think

when i buy guns i only get 1 clip, none of my buttons on my mouse work aside from left and right mouse click

it all works fine outside of the game though

CoolS

So new operation can be expected any day now?
I think there were alway 2-4 weeks between operations, so the earliest we might see it is this week. My guess is on next week though. Just a feeling.
uh somehow i broke my game i think

when i buy guns i only get 1 clip, none of my buttons on my mouse work aside from left and right mouse click

it all works fine outside of the game though

That sounds really strange. Have you tried verifying your game files yet.

And I'm surprised about the people buying the music in this thread.

Omega

Banned
I think there were alway 2-4 weeks between operations, so the earliest we might see it is this week. My guess is on next week though. Just a feeling.

That sounds really strange. Have you tried verifying your game files yet.

And I'm surprised about the people buying the music in this thread.

i'll try that now.

figured out why my mouse wouldn't work, shitty corsair utility engine has some issues with steam.

still doesn't explain why or how i only get one clip..

Odah

Banned
Hungary will take this today if map is Inferno/Mirage. If Dust2 gets chosen Ukraine will win.

You heard it here first folks.

Gabe's son can take this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom