• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokoi

Banned
fuck anyone who buys a deagle as a primary and cant shoot shit with it
this fuckin game sometimes...

Good games. lol

Seriously though fuck that guy. If your going to try and get juandeags you have to be good with it. Also they kept buying anything they could afford instead of waiting to ball out.

Omega

Banned
so yeah not sure what the fuck is going on, I'm assuming it's AMD telling me to update my drivers which I did and now everything is performing worse. I had my game at 1920x1080 with everything high and went no lower than 300fps

I currently have my game at 1366x768 with everything low or disabled and the only time i ever go above 120 is when there's two guys left. If all 10 are alive it's at 90fps, dropping to the 70s

TIL: fuck AMD

Omega

Banned
Buying AMD parts for your PC is a bigger waste of money than betting on Titan. Come on man.

i didnt know any better when i built my pc two years ago :(

edit - Just checked Dragon Age which I played the other day, and it performs the same. i don't even know whats going on, i just want to play cs at 1920x1080 and have more than 40fps

so yeah not sure what the fuck is going on, I'm assuming it's AMD telling me to update my drivers which I did and now everything is performing worse. I had my game at 1920x1080 with everything high and went no lower than 300fps

I currently have my game at 1366x768 with everything low or disabled and the only time i ever go above 120 is when there's two guys left. If all 10 are alive it's at 90fps, dropping to the 70s

My 7950 is doing great. Maybe your GPU is just fucked

Divius

After 10 wins I got gold nova 4 star, then I went up 2 ranks, down 3 and am now back to gold nova 4 star again. That can't be good. It does reflect how I played though, at first I tried really hard to win all comp games, but nowadays I can't really be bothered so I just hang around at this level. I would not mind deranking though.

Also yesssss VP won! Another Water Elemental MW in my returns >:)

Haroon

After 10 wins I got gold nova 4 star, then I went up 2 ranks, down 3 and am now back to gold nova 4 star again. That can't be good. It does reflect how I played though, at first I tried really hard to win all comp games, but nowadays I can't really be bothered so I just hang around at this level. I would not mind deranking though.

Man, I will trade you two glocks for one of your water elementals.

Odah

Banned

time for a giveaway ;P

Thinking of maybe changing my crosshair. Been rolling with a green dot, and its done me well so far. Still I feel like it might be messing with my ability to get headshots especially with the AK. Could be I just need more practice with it, but I might mix it up a bit a try out some different crosshairs in deathmatch or at least make the dot smaller. What do you guys roll with?

Arucardo

Thinking of maybe changing my crosshair. Been rolling with a green dot, and its done me well so far. Still I feel like it might be messing with my ability to get headshots especially with the AK. Could be I just need more practice with it, but I might mix it up a bit a try out some different crosshairs in deathmatch or at least make the dot smaller. What do you guys roll with?

Had a dot in my crosshair for a while but I discovered that it's actually detrimental for longer range engagements with the ak or m4. If you're only seeing like one pixel of an enemy then the dot will end up hiding it/make it harder to hit, especially when moving. Just making the crosshair small enough with a clear center is best in my opinion.

Haroon

Wait. HR lost? Damnit. I really thought my winning streak was real.

image.php

Man, I roll with an outlined red dot at the center. I tried switching to a regular crosshair, and I didn't not like it at all. If you want to give a different crosshair a chance, I recommend checking out ScreaM's crosshair setup. It's pretty good.

cHinzo

Chinzo are you betting on these ESEC matches? I got a 3 win streak goin' and I don't wanna break it
Betting against Slovakia should be fine I guess. :d They only got GuardiaN as a fine player, while the other countries got lots of star players. If u dont care about ur streak u might throw some small stuff on Slovakia against Russia, because of the odds. :d

Divius

Just a heads up that device and dupreeh are probably not playing for Denmark. I don't know how much that affects the team and their chances, but just saying.

My laptop is fucked as well. Updated drivers and my normal 40-60 fps dropped to 10-40 fps. Then after a couple hours of playtime I had a gfx card crash that restarted my laptop and now cs closes whenever I try to enter a server. No error msg or anything - very frustrating.

CoolS

Apparentlycs_workout might be one of the new operation maps. It was suddenly recently updated after not havin any updates since July. Walking around it seems really well made and has a lot of open spaces, which might fit Valves idea of a good casual map. And its also really colorful and distinguishes itself from the usual brown grey stuff, which iirc is also something Valve looks for in Operation maps.

soultron

Banned
Apparentlycs_workout might be one of the new operation maps. It was suddenly recently updated after not havin any updates since July. Walking around it seems really well made and has a lot of open spaces, which might fit Valves idea of a good casual map. And its also really colorful and distinguishes itself from the usual brown grey stuff, which iirc is also something Valve looks for in Operation maps.

Workout's been pretty big over at Mapcore, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is in. It's a great map, speaking from a level design perspective.

CoolS

Workout's been pretty big over at Mapcore, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is in. It's a great map, speaking from a level design perspective.

Just from toying around on it a bit I'd say it's already better than the twoe hostage Breakout maps and I probably wouldn't mind playing it casually or even for a mission or two in competetive. The one bad thin I noticed is that it seems really big for a 5vs5 setting.
If it's in however it would be a good sign for the other maps I think.

ChrisW

Right guys, I'm after some advice I can't decide between these two iMac's to order

1. 21.5" screen, non-upgradable RAM, so would go for 16gb max with a 3.1ghz i7 CPU
2. 27" screen, upgradable RAM, so 8gb (then upgrade later, max 32) with a 3.2ghz i5 CPU

My job is mainly video editing and doing some motion GFX, will the i5 be good enough to cope? I don't do anything too intense like for television broadcast or film.

I dislike windows, which is why I'm staying clear of it & Apple offer a fairly cheap finance option over 2 years.

soultron

Banned
Right guys, I'm after some advice I can't decide between these two iMac's to order

1. 21.5" screen, non-upgradable RAM, so would go for 16gb max with a 3.1ghz i7 CPU
2. 27" screen, upgradable RAM, so 8gb (then upgrade later, max 32) with a 3.2ghz i5 CPU

My job is mainly video editing and doing some motion GFX, will the i5 be good enough to cope? I don't do anything too intense like for television broadcast or film.

I dislike windows, which is why I'm staying clear of it & Apple offer a fairly cheap finance option over 2 years.

I've always heard i7 was better for video editing and photography stuff.

I used to do lots of video editing in university (2007-2011), and we had Macs that were a few years old and they struggled with even basic editing jobs, especially when rendering final versions of videos. This was using a basic Photoshop + Final Cut + Motion workflow I used for my basic videos, not even the more complex ones.

I'd spring for the i7 if possible, but I'm not coming from current experiences, just old experience. You want as fast as possible of machine if that's your main thing.

If anyone wants to play with a Gold Nova 4 add me, FreddieSwell. I'm US East and I'm probably going to be on most of today and a bunch this weekend.

Edit: make that a master guardian 1. Finally ranked up, woohoo!

CoolS

I'm halfway in on Russia. Should I just go "fuck it" and go all in?

These ESEC matches have upsets on an almost regular basis. I would never, ever go all in on one of them.

Or do you mean against Denmark? I'd still advice against all in on anything.

Wunder

That huge Face-it prediction thing is rad, I don't know how to feel about leagues fully jumping on board with CSGO Lounge though, but I guess whatever works for them.

ironmang

Putting a small bet on Slovakia against Denmark. Just not too impressed by the latter's lineup for this match and the odds are very tempting for this unpredictable league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom