• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

maneil99

theres like 8 people working on cs go or something

its not like a cod or a halo where you have an entire studio just sitting there either working on the next game or fixing the old one

plus its not like finding and shutting down hacking is easy

if it was it wouldnt exist period

i dont wanna get all kneejerk defensive about it but theres only so much to be done and acting like valve doesnt care, when they clearly do, is kind of crazy to me. you undervalue how much work is actually done by some of these people
Who's fault is it there are only 8 people working on it? Valve that's who.

Here's a video of the hacker btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OliZmDjfvY&feature=youtu.be

impact

Banned
Valve makes way more than enough money off this game to pay more than 8 people to work on it. They just really don't care about CS like they do Dota and it shows. I'm only hard on them because the game could be something special if they gave it that extra attention it deserves. 128tick servers and better anti-cheat would go a LOOOOOOONG way in getting people happy.

I also wish they'd fix one tapping but that doesn't seem to be very likely

Valve makes way more than enough money off this game to pay more than 8 people to work on it. They just really don't care about CS like they do Dota and it shows. I'm only hard on them because the game could be something special if they gave it that extra attention it deserves. 128tick servers and better anti-cheat would go a LOOOOOOONG way in getting people happy.

do you want me to point out all of the posts of people talking about how they dont care about dota and they never get updates and there are too few people working on it

or how about all the time about all the steam issues where people are waiting on super basic functionality (it took them 2 years to be able to multi select games to put into categories en masse)

or all the half life fans who havent seen jack shit

csgo is not special in any way regarding this and you need to leave your bubble if you think that

this is valve

they take a long time to do things

they usually do things right and of a high quality

they dont hire more people because they hire the best and if they were the best theyd already work there

they arent going to spend their money on people who wouldnt work there just because youre not happy with the amount of people working on a project

Omega

Banned
yeah force people to not do what they want

thats what valve does

That's now how Valve works. All their employee's get to work on whatever project they want. They don't have a CS Team next to a Dota team.

so pretty much Valve doesn't care?

Unless Valve has 16 employees because what else are people getting paid to do? They're certainly not making Half Life 3 and I don't think you need 50 people working on DOTA

whatever, it is what it is. Whoever those 8 people are, thank you for giving some fucks.

impact

Banned
do you want me to point out all of the posts of people talking about how they dont care about dota and they never get updates and there are too few people working on it

or how about all the time about all the steam issues where people are waiting on super basic functionality (it took them 2 years to be able to multi select games to put into categories en masse)

csgo is not special in any way regarding this and you need to leave your bubble if you think that

this is valve

they dont hire more people because they hire the best and if they were the best theyd already work there

they arent going to spend their money on people who wouldnt work there just because youre not happy with the amount of people working on a project

or they just really like all the money the cheaters keep giving them.

They don't choose to only pay a team of 8. That team of eight are the people who choose to work on the game. You are asking valve to not be valve. The they don't care about CS thing makes no sense. Just weeks ago they had an update that addressed a lot of technical things. The game has come a very long way and will continue to. Dota 2 has 5 times the amount of players on at any given time of course it will get the most attention. But CS:GO get's more updates than the vast majority of mp games.

As for 128 tick they've already explained why they haven't. The expense vs the amount of who it would actually benefit from it. It's a business decision that hardly ruins the game and they know that. I'd like to see 128 tick but realistically when most people run the game under 60 fps it's not gonna happen anytime soon.
so pretty much Valve doesn't care?

Unless Valve has 16 employees because what else are people getting paid to do? They're certainly not making Half Life 3 and I don't think you need 50 people working on DOTA

whatever, it is what it is. Whoever those 8 people are, thank you for giving some fucks.

They employees work on steam, Dota, CS GO, Left For Dead 3 and probably half life 3. I'm not understanding the complaints here? Is CS:GO in desperate need of a ton more fixing or something? These guys have been doing a great job improving the game steadily. People act as if the game is terrible and never gets updated.

Omega

Banned
what i don't get is that apparently Valve admins can't ban players. They can watch this guy play and not ban him. They have to wait for their system to ban him. Hiko has mentioned it a few times and I think friberg did once as well

They employees work on steam, Dota, CS GO, Left For Dead 3 and probably half life 3. I'm not understanding the complaints here? Is CS:GO in desperate need of a ton more fixing or something? These guys have been doing a great job improving the game steadily. People act as if the game is terrible and never gets updated.

I'm not saying the game is terrible, in fact I said I love the game. I just want a better experience. Why should I not be allowed to ask for more?

The only two things I've ever wanted are 128tick servers and to stop selling the game every month for $5. Those sales are also conveniently timed right as a ban wave hits. So they essentially do nothing. People like Fodder just have to pay $5 for a new game.

Finding a way to eliminate hacks may be difficult and I'm fine with that. But why not keep the people you have caught out of the community?

impact

Banned
They don't choose to only pay a team of 8. That team of eight are the people who choose to work on the game. You are asking valve to not be valve. The they don't care about CS thing makes no sense. Just weeks ago they had an update that addressed a lot of technical things. The game has come a very long way and will continue to. Dota 2 has 5 times the amount of players on at any given time of course it will get the most attention. But CS:GO get's more updates than the vast majority of mp games.

As for 128 tick they've already explained why they haven't. The expense vs the amount of who it would actually benefit from it. It's a business decision that hardly ruins the game and they know that. I'd like to see 128 tick but realistically when most people run the game under 60 fps it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

You should stop believing everything Valve tells you RE: 128tick

There's one reason they don't do it, money. FPS has literally nothing to do with how fast the server refreshes.

Also their game is being ruined by hackers. I'd say that's pretty terrible for the game, wouldn't you?

I feel like I'm reading the csgo subreddit right now.

Funny, I feel like I'm reading Valve PR vomit from you two.

what i don't get is that apparently Valve admins can't ban players. They can watch this guy play and not ban him. They have to wait for their system to ban him. Hiko has mentioned it a few times and I think friberg did once as well

I'm not saying the game is terrible, in fact I said I love the game. I just want a better experience. Why should I not be allowed to ask for more?

The only two things I've ever wanted are 128tick servers and to stop selling the game every month for $5. Those sales are also conveniently timed right as a ban wave hits. So they essentially do nothing. People like Fodder just have to pay $5 for a new game.

Finding a way to eliminate hacks may be difficult and I'm fine with that. But why not keep the people you have caught out of the community?

You should stop believing everything Valve tells you RE: 128tick

There's one reason they don't do it, money. FPS has literally nothing to do with how fast the server refreshes.

Also their game is being ruined by hackers. I'd say that's pretty terrible for the game, wouldn't you?

Funny, I feel like I'm reading Valve PR vomit from you two.

Asking for more is fine. Saying Valve doesn't care about the game is an asinine statement. Yeah I do hope they figure out a better anti cheat but as long as I have played FPS games on PC there have been cheaters. Nobody has figured that issue out yet not just Valve. Any popular FPS game is ripe with cheaters. It's just more noticeable on CSGO because ranked matches make it blatantly obvious.

Wunder

this is valve

you da man steve

udiie

when will cs be this popular :(
m338Rk4.jpg

Getting matched with cheaters suck. Being against the obviously sucks, but even being teamed with them. Either you dont kick the guy and you just encourage the behavior or you kick them and are screwed. Maybe some kind of mutual forfeit vote where with like 7/10 or 8/10 votes the match is ended and no one wins. I'd also love a semi competitive mode where you play with people in your rank with MM rules but the games don't count towards your rank.

CoolS

At least DreamHack Winter should see amazing production value again and probably quite a big live crowd. the crowd will be bigger than in Cologne, that's for sure.

CoolS

For the big final I want either:

- Rematch of LDLC - Titan, with LDLC stomping Titan again
- LDLC - Na'Vi with Na'vi winning and seized top fragging overall after maybe GuardiaN

Edit: Fucking seized, topfragging. They should swap him out, dude is embarassing.
jk ;)

For the last few days I haven't been able to even get my inventory loaded up on csgolounge.
All I get is this:

Can't get items. Possible reasons:
- This profile is set to private ?
- Could not connect to Steam servers;
- Backpack is empty.

Anyone know a way to prevent/deal with this? Or are you not using csgolounge anymore?

CoolS

For the last few days I haven't been able to even get my inventory loaded up on csgolounge.
All I get is this:

Anyone know a way to prevent/deal with this? Or are you not using csgolounge anymore?

I just use LoungeDestroyer, which refreshes the inventory untill I get access to it.

CoolS

Please tell me who will win against Titan? I will go all out.

How should I know? :D

I think Epsilon might be able to actually take it if they beat Na'Vi. Don't know about Na'Vi. They look better than yesterday and it might come down to kennyS vs GuardiaN.

Overall I'd give it to Titan though.

CoolS

Is it wise to place a good bet on Na'Vi now? Or will LDLC win this?

I threw a dollar on Na'Vi. They have the crowd on tjheir side, but it will still be an uphill battle against LDLC, especially if LDLC is feeling good like they seemed to yesterday. They do have the 1-0 lead over Na'Vi. Could be a really close match. I think 81-19 is definitely too much. maybe 65-35?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom