• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

rCIZZLE

It took me quite a few games to get used to it myself. But by my last game today, after lots of controller sensitivity tuning and adjustment time, I went 34 and 12.

I can tell a lot of people were struggling with the free aiming though. I'd run up on a group of guys and they would struggle dearly to get a bead on me while I just pumped bullets into them.

Doesn't make the game any less frustrating for someone who's spent the past decade on aim assist. It was a poor move and adding a bit of aim assist to speed up the game doesn't hurt the integrity of the game whatsoever. There's a reason almost every console shooter includes it.

Ciastek3214

Doesn't make the game any less frustrating for someone who's spent the past decade on aim assist. It was a poor move and adding a bit of aim assist to speed up the game doesn't hurt the integrity of the game whatsoever. There's a reason almost every console shooter includes it.

Yeah, and there's a reason as to why free aim deathmatch in Max Payne 3 is either dead or dying.

Naked Lunch

I was initially in the camp of "CS is impossible to control on a pad" esp when I first booted it up - but after an hour with the 360 version - I started to warm up to it. Just make sure you bump your sensitivity up to 130 or so. Im usually always someone who lowers the sensitivity in console FPS games - but with this its the opposite.

Very fun and very nostalgic. I only wish there were 16-20 players on the consoles. 5v5 feels a bit light compared to what I used to play on Source.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I was initially in the camp of "CS is impossible to control on a pad" esp when I first booted it up - but after an hour with the 360 version - I started to warm up to it. Just make sure you bump your sensitivity up to 130 or so. Im usually always someone who lowers the sensitivity in console FPS games - but with this its the opposite.

Very fun and very nostalgic. I only wish there were 16-20 players on the consoles. 5v5 feels a bit light compared to what I used to play on Source.

This is literally what I did, same sensitivity and everything. I usually player on lower sensitivity as well. Game got way more enjoyable once I upped it.

I'm still on the fence about purchasing the game though, I wish I had more time with the demo after I had the chance to up the sensitivity.

antitrop

It's 5v5 on the PC as well, unless you join Community Servers.

Mahonay

Banned
Maybe it's because I've been playing BF3 nonstop which has a lot less auto aim than CoD but I personally like the feel of the shooting in this game. It feels like Counter-Strike. There's tons of depth and room there for players to hone their skills and just get better at aiming. I still have trouble hitting my targets sometimes but game by game I can feel myself getting better. I think that's an important part of the CS formula. Aim assist would be counterintuitive to that.

This is literally what I did, same sensitivity and everything. I usually player on lower sensitivity as well. Game got way more enjoyable once I upped it.

I'm still on the fence about purchasing the game though, I wish I had more time with the demo after I had the chance to up the sensitivity.
Making my sensitivity way higher made a world of difference for me.

Arnie

That's so odd. Because I played all morning and all afternoon today with practically zero lag issues. I had people IN THE SAME GAME being vocal about the severe lag they were experiencing, while I was running and gunning just fine. Obviously a lot of other people here are reporting the same problem as well.

Maybe it's a regional thing, like where you're located from the servers? Who knows. I'm in NYC so a pretty centralized area.

I'm from the UK.

Perhaps most of the servers are located in the US, which explains the lag. In my game were Americans talking about how much fun they were having, so they weren't experiencing lag.

Oh, and to touch on something I'm using 1.30 and that's been great for me too.

And this game does have aim assist, I'm sure of it, but a very, very, very small amount. There's been times when I've swung round and got a really good headshot that just can't have been solely my own doing. And I've experienced no aim assist whatsoever (aiming at teammates in Halo), and it's definitely much harder than CS:GO.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm from the UK.

Perhaps most of the servers are located in the US, which explains the lag. In my game were Americans talking about how much fun they were having, so they weren't experiencing lag.

Oh, and to touch on something I'm using 1.30 and that's been great for me too.

And this game does have aim assist, I'm sure of it, but a very, very, very small amount. There's been times when I've swung round and got a really good headshot that just can't have been solely my own doing. And I've experienced no aim assist whatsoever (aiming at teammates in Halo), and it's definitely much harder than CS:GO.
That's probably it. I was playing with some guys from the UK today that were having a lot of issues with lag. Hopefully they put up some more UK servers as it would seem a ton of you are playing.

equil

I'm having issues trying to find a game with a party on xbox. Everytime we try to search, it just searches forever and never finds a game, but if we go in alone its fine.

Arnie

That's probably it. I was playing with some guys from the UK today that were having a lot of issues with lag. Hopefully they put up some more UK servers as it would seem a ton of you are playing.

Aye, it's pretty inexcusable at the moment, considering this is an online only game. And it makes it worse that it's like heroin into my veins whenever it does work, or when I play against hard bots. I'm desperate to play, but can't.

I'm having issues trying to find a game with a party on xbox. Everytime we try to search, it just searches forever and never finds a game, but if we go in alone its fine.

I had the same.

It's honestly baffling how the game's so unpolished in terms of servers, matchmaking, and netcode.

And there's no excuse for having this run at 30fps on current generation hardware.

CSX

Played it for the first time.

Hot damn armor actually works now lol. I want my zooming senstivently to be higher but options already has it maxed out. Cant fling my wrist around with awp anymore i guess.

Xero

I had fun with the zombie mod on source particularly before l4d came out. Love that tension in the beginning where you don't know if the person you are barricading a room with will turn into the first zombie. I remember having fun on a deathstar zombie map. My favorite was this other spaceship one, where you had to activate a few things to get the hatch to open for an escape shuttle before the station blew up. If you made it in time the door closed, and you got to see the shuttle slowly moving away from you as you wait for the station to blow up. The escape shuttle had windows on it so you could see them as they were leaving. One of the funnier times was when I was running out of time trying to get to the shuttle, and I was one of the few left alive. I got to the airlock too late, and it started to leave. I notice that their are zombies inside the shuttle stabbing their knives at me as they escaped to freedom, and I awaited my inevitable firey death.

KingKong

why wouldnt you buy this on the PC? even if youre fine with the controller, you'd be missing out on all the custom maps and mods and its not like you need a great computer to play Source games

Martian

Is the m4 maverick silencer back? If I recall correctly, it wasnt in the beta?

Havent gotten around to buying it, but will do in a couple of weeks

Arnie

The connection issues are inexcusable. It's absolutely horrendous.

I can play 24 player Battlefield 3 with destruction and it's buttery smooth, yet 5 versus 5 CS is an absolute unplayable shitfest. The netcode is atrocious, and the matchmaking system is probably to blame too, can't even stick me in a game with other British people, at the least.

The connection issues are inexcusable. It's absolutely horrendous.

I can play 24 player Battlefield 3 with destruction and it's buttery smooth, yet 5 versus 5 CS is an absolute unplayable shitfest. The netcode is atrocious, and the matchmaking system is probably to blame too, can't even stick me in a game with other British people, at the least.

VALVe have no real track record on matchmaking (which is disgraceful).

I am surprised to hear that about the netcode though.

rCIZZLE

Maybe it's because I've been playing BF3 nonstop which has a lot less auto aim than CoD but I personally like the feel of the shooting in this game. It feels like Counter-Strike. There's tons of depth and room there for players to hone their skills and just get better at aiming. I still have trouble hitting my targets sometimes but game by game I can feel myself getting better. I think that's an important part of the CS formula. Aim assist would be counterintuitive to that.

The game would "feel like counter-strike" with aim assist AND would have a bigger community. I'm telling you man, it doesn't hurt the game at all. People are too used to PC elitists looking down on consoles because they use aim assist. It's absolutely necessary and like I said, there's a reason nearly all shooters include it.

The CS formula is mostly map strategy and positioning which will always be there. Aiming is only a small component but could be a big negative if getting kills feels like a chore.

Get_Right is streaming CS:GO - http://www.twitch.tv/theget_right

Pretty cool.

Ugh, the NiP "comeback" annoys me even if the new team is better than the old one ever was.

Having trouble getting in a game on 360. Often it joins a game and gets stuck on the loading screen, only to get kicked back to the main menu w/ a msg 'error with your connection'. :/

I had no trouble this morning, guess the influx of post-school/work gamers is straining the servers?

When I am able to get in one its usually just me and bots or me and one other guy(from the UK though.. wtf?)

Edit: finally got in a full server with quick match!

Arnie

VALVe have no real track record on matchmaking (which is disgraceful).

I am surprised to hear that about the netcode though.

For what it's worth the reports of lag seem to be hit and miss, it's not laggy for everyone. There's definitely a good portion of people for which it's unplayable though, me included. And whilst I'm sure my connection plays a part, it's fine for every single other game I care to mention, and by fine I mean buttery smooth. So Valve really have no excuses, and the issue almost becomes insulting when you consider this is a multiplayer only game.

The netcode is amateurish. This thing should have lighting netcode, and whilst we're on the subject of what it should be, it should be 60fps. It's source for fuck sake.

Atilac

I can't wait for zombie escape maps to start appearing in CS GO. I put a good 80 hours into those maps on CS:S.

Edit: does the PS3 version have a steam friends list like portal 2?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Anyone have buy binds working? I followed a guide but still can't get the game to recognize the binds. First time binding btw since I somehow never knew heard about binding for the longest time lol.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I used to play CS all the time but I just can't get a good feel for the recoil and weapon damage in this. I'm doing 2 round bursts with the AK at midrange, watching the target flinch a few times and still shoot me dead.

KingKong

Anyone have buy binds working? I followed a guide but still can't get the game to recognize the binds. First time binding btw since I somehow never knew heard about binding for the longest time lol.

What does it say in console after you try it? Ot are you using an autoconfig file

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

Works fine for me, make sure you add -exec configname to your launch options as the game isn't auto-running them for some reason. I stole these from another cfg and they work perfectly:

// Buy Commands
bind KP_INS "buy vesthelm"
bind KP_DOWNARROW "buy m4a1; buy ak47"
bind KP_PGDN "buy awp"
bind KP_LEFTARROW "BUY DEAGLE"
bind KP_RIGHTARROW "buy mp7"
bind KP_HOME "buy flashbang"
bind KP_UPARROW "buy hegrenade"
bind KP_PGUP "buy smokegrenade"
bind KP_MINUS "give weapon_flashbang; buy flashbang"
bind KP_PLUS "give weapon_smokegrenade; buy smokegrenade"
bind KP_ENTER "give weapon_molotov; buy molotov; buy incgrenade"
bind KP_DEL "give weapon_hegrenade; buy hegrenade"

Raptomex

Got the Steam version and love it so far. Brings back all my Source memories when I was back in HS. I was even in a clan. Had so much fun. Countless hours, staying up all night, tired as all hell the next day during my classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom